“GOOD WHOLESOME TUCKER”

Fiddlers Green Irish Bar
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fiddlers Green Irish Bar & Restaurant is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, QLD, Australia. Fiddlers has been Irish owned & operated since opening it’s doors in 2007. With an authentic Irish atmosphere it has become a home away from home for many. From a quiet drink at the bar, watching sports on the big screen, enjoying a great pub meal or to listen to some of the best live acts on the Gold Coast, Fiddlers is sure to have something for everyone to enjoy. “..Fiddlers Green the Irish way…”
Traralgon, Australia
“GOOD WHOLESOME TUCKER”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

On a recent holiday at the Gold Coast with relatives from England we had lunch at the Fiddler while strolling around Surfers Paradise.
The service was prompt and courteous, we all enjoyed a drink from the good selection there and when the meal came it was huge and quite good quality.
We left very satisfied and considered the lunch specials fantastic value at $10.
A good place for a casual meal when looking around Surfers Paradise.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DISGUSTING SERVICE”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I went there on 17/04/14 with my two mates. We asked for water and it took approx. 15 mins for the waitress to bring it and when she did she sort of dropped them on the table as if she was throwing rubbish in a bin its a wonder the glasses didn't break! she turned and left without saying a word or smiling and she put them so close to the edge of the table! she did the same thing when she brought our orders. And top it all off, when they wanted to close the restaurant area instead of asking us to move to the bar area, the security guy stood in front of our table and stared coldly at us for a very long time. This was very intimidating, I felt threatened. we decided to leave this somewhat narrow minded place (irony: the security guard looks middle east) when a waitress came over to our table and explained they were closing the restaurant (this girl was nice and polite, the blonde girl, the brunettes were awful), why couldn't they do this before instead of physically intimidating us? I am now telling everyone I talk to my experience and advicing them not to visit this disgusting place. I work at a busy hotel and im telling everyone to try another place instead, and im also putting this on my facebook and telling everyone to put it their facebooks and to tell others to do the same. The service was DISGUSTING, this is the most disgusting place I have been to in my entire life. To the security guard: you were physically intimidating 2 girls and a guy smaller than you, can you intimidate 3 guys bigger than you?
Will never come back

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rachel S
Melbourne, Australia
“Impre”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

So nice to find a great venue with great Neal's, great value and a relaxed atmosphere. Different sports on at one time on the multiple screens and music in the background to set the tone...very happy overall

“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Best and most enjoyable meal I've had for the entire holiday! Great atmosphere, great staff, great restaurant/pub. Definitely coming again, would recommend to anyone :)

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Go elsewhere, there is heaps of choice in Surfers”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family and I have had many a pint of Guinness at this pub over the years but never again. Last night we spent $180.00 with 5 adults and 2 kids, some of the food was good some average and that's ok, the $18.00 for their very plain Guinness Pie was the low point, until we got to know our waitress. She was awful in everyway.

My pint of Guinness had a very funny after taste, at first I thought it was me, I asked the waitress if perhaps this pint had come from the end of the keg or something. Not only would she not do anything about it she said "you've drunk have of it so you will pay for it". Now I've been drinking Guinness for 20 years all over the world having even done the tour at the Dublin factory. As we didn't think we should pay for it (keep in mind we where happy to pay the $180 odd for the meal) this waitress told us to "take your drinks and get out!" So we talked to the manager who tried, sort of, but and backed her waitress (appreciate that) but was no real help. Even the bouncer arrogantly standing to the side was completely not interested as is typical of bouncers everywhere especially in tourist resorts where customers come and go.

Truly awful experience just because of one amateur waitress who clearly didn't really want to be doing this job. For a scruffy generic Irish pub with transient staff, my expectations are not high but these kids wrecked our evening all for half a pint of Guinness, and generally we are tippers.

Go somewhere else.