Budds in Surfers
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$104
US$87
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$135
US$122
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$342
US$223
Agoda.com
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Restaurant
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$134
  • Beachfront
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$91
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormfree entrypub crawlquiet at nightsmall kitchentown centrenice poolswimming poolperfect locationbackpackerssurferscerealaustraliabbqozclubs
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The bus from the transit center is non existent at the moment so double check before u go if its that important to you but the walk isn't far! I got picked up by the owner too as I had a fair amount of stuff!
The internet had also stopped working but they said that will be sorted by this week. You could still sort of use it.
Its clean, the owner is so friendly, the free pancakes on Sundays are good and they try and organize activities in the evenings.
The rooms are a little on small side and I do feel like some of the staff have a bit to learn but definitely give them a chance!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

When I booked my bus ticket to go to Surfers Paradise, I didn't know where I was going to stay in SP. many choices, but the one that caught my attention was Budds in Surfers. So as soon as I arrived at SP I started looking for it. I went to the first backpackers information center at the bus station (the green one), and asked if they knew where that hostel was. The woman answered that it was "at least 4 to 5 km far from the center.

As I know that often, these centers try rather earning money rather than giving right information I started to look for it on my own, and didn't pay attention to her council to go in "one of the hostels they had a contract with". I did very well: the hostel was 10min far from the bus station, and was a great place to stay: nice kitchen, very nice people, activities were proposed by the hostel (such as bowling(20$), night-clubbing, and even a barbecue (5$!!!).

I must say I found the rooms a bit small, but there was so much to do that I didn't stay in it much. The mattress was wonderful, the beds weren't noisy, and the bathrooms were very nice. Add to all that the fact that everything is brand new, and it makes your stay amazing!

Their pickups at the station weren't already organized (as they're still expecting their own bus), but there's no big deal going there by foot.

Also, the beach is 5 minutes far by foot!

Definitely a great place to stay !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a four bed dorm for four nights and the whole stay was great! The hostel is recently renovated so all of the facilities are lovely! Every night the manager tried to organise some entertainment which was always good and on Sundays they have a free pancake breakfast! The staff are really friendly and helpful. Overall it's just a great place to stay, such good value for money, If going to surfers paradise then stay here!

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I loved it here and would recommend this place to everyone I know or speak to. Free wifi, free breakfast, very friendly staff, entertainment most the time (day and night) and best of all close to everything. It's a very clean place as its new and isn't noisy but is a place to go meet people and drink if you want too :) If I went back to surfers I'd defo stay here again

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our first 3 nights in surfers. One of the best hostels I have seen, ever (I've seen many!). Great rates! Absolutely clean, just the right amount of activity! Loved the free wifi and free breakky! Staff were amazingly helpful and friendly! Stay here and you will not be disappointed!