“Such a good hostel!”
Review of Budds in Surfers

Budds in Surfers
“Such a good hostel!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Nice and clean rooms (a bit small though), good kitchen, big showers and really friendly staff. Every evening a staff member takes the people out to the bars and clubs, so you'll have a lot of fun there. If you don't feel like going out that's no problem, just stay in and watch a movie in the lounch. And on sundays you even get free and awesome pancakes! Make sure you book this hostel if you happen to stay in surfers!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Restrooms seemed to be cleand once a day in the mornings tho by the pm were not so clean.. Rooms were clean but v small!! Not enough room for 4 ppls luggage. We're given blankets to sleep with however it got v cold in the night so could do with a quilt. The ppl staying her were rlly freindly and ther was something going on every night! Tho we got told to be quite at 8pm by the staff as we wer drinking to go out. But overall we had an enjoyabl stay

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The bus from the transit center is non existent at the moment so double check before u go if its that important to you but the walk isn't far! I got picked up by the owner too as I had a fair amount of stuff!
The internet had also stopped working but they said that will be sorted by this week. You could still sort of use it.
Its clean, the owner is so friendly, the free pancakes on Sundays are good and they try and organize activities in the evenings.
The rooms are a little on small side and I do feel like some of the staff have a bit to learn but definitely give them a chance!

Aix-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed 13 June 2013

When I booked my bus ticket to go to Surfers Paradise, I didn't know where I was going to stay in SP. many choices, but the one that caught my attention was Budds in Surfers. So as soon as I arrived at SP I started looking for it. I went to the first backpackers information center at the bus station (the green one), and asked if they knew where that hostel was. The woman answered that it was "at least 4 to 5 km far from the center.

As I know that often, these centers try rather earning money rather than giving right information I started to look for it on my own, and didn't pay attention to her council to go in "one of the hostels they had a contract with". I did very well: the hostel was 10min far from the bus station, and was a great place to stay: nice kitchen, very nice people, activities were proposed by the hostel (such as bowling(20$), night-clubbing, and even a barbecue (5$!!!).

I must say I found the rooms a bit small, but there was so much to do that I didn't stay in it much. The mattress was wonderful, the beds weren't noisy, and the bathrooms were very nice. Add to all that the fact that everything is brand new, and it makes your stay amazing!

Their pickups at the station weren't already organized (as they're still expecting their own bus), but there's no big deal going there by foot.

Also, the beach is 5 minutes far by foot!

Definitely a great place to stay !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We went to the Gold Coast to watch an AFL game so we needed somewhere to sleep the night then travel back home to the Sunshine Coast the next morning. We usually stay in hotels, apartments or resorts. It was our first time staying at a backpackers and we were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a private double room. The room was very spacious with a comfortable bed, leather couch,TV and reasonably priced. The property has been recently renovated with clean painted walls. Very friendly accommodating staff made us feel welcomed. Breaky was served the next morning with pancakes, toast and cereal. Not sure if that happens every morning. We were there on a Saturday night. The kitchen was spotless, bed linen clean as were the showers and bathrooms. Huge coin operated washers and dryers if you needed them. It was close to Surfers Paradise being just off the Gold Coast Highway. Only negative, and it was minor, was that we were on the ground floor and the noise from people walking above at night could be heard. Like I say, it was not major. I would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a 2nd floor room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a four bed dorm for four nights and the whole stay was great! The hostel is recently renovated so all of the facilities are lovely! Every night the manager tried to organise some entertainment which was always good and on Sundays they have a free pancake breakfast! The staff are really friendly and helpful. Overall it's just a great place to stay, such good value for money, If going to surfers paradise then stay here!

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I loved it here and would recommend this place to everyone I know or speak to. Free wifi, free breakfast, very friendly staff, entertainment most the time (day and night) and best of all close to everything. It's a very clean place as its new and isn't noisy but is a place to go meet people and drink if you want too :) If I went back to surfers I'd defo stay here again