“Great Experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$220.62*
and up
Deluxe Gold Coast Hot Air Balloon with Sparkling...
More attraction details
Owner description: The only Hot Air Balloon company that ACTUALLY flies over the Gold Coast. Balloon Aloft Gold Coast's exclusive launch sites enable you to witness the stunning scenery and breathtaking views over the coastline that no other ballooning company can offer. This is truly the most spectacular ballooning area in Australia. Float like a cloud as you witness the sunrise climbing over the unforgettable panorama of the Gold Coast skyline. Watch the sun reflecting off the myriad of canals and waterways and view the surrounding forest covered mountains of the Gold Coast Hinterland. You will be taken on an aerial nature walk on the world's oldest, safest, and most romantic form of aviation. Come as our guest, leave as our friend.
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the meeting point, we were greeted and booked into Mervs bus.. He took us on a 45 min drive to the launch site which was in the hinterland as it was too windy on the GC for take off.

We arrived just in time for sunrise, the balloons were at half mast. Seeing them grow ready for the launch was exciting, we took some great photos.

We took off in the basket with 24 others, the fear factor ended up being a 1/10.. basically no fear..

We enjoyed the flight, seen some cows and kangaroos followed by a smooth landing in a paddock.

We helped pack up the balloon which was all part of the experience and took breakfast at the mecure hotel at the end.. The meal was about a 5/10 but my expectations were already low as it was a mecure hotel..

2  Thank PeterS11587
in 4 reviews
"great trip"
"great morning"

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Booked this trip through scenic. It was definitely cool to ride in a hot air balloon, but we went expecting to go over the Gold Coast, but ended up just over the farm land, which was a lot less interesting than we had been expecting.

The guides weren't much of guides at all. The bus driver didn't explain where we were going or what we were doing. In the air the pilot didn't guide us at all or talk about the scenery. There was little to no communication so you were left in the dark a bit.

It could have been a much more enjoyable experience with just a few small tweaks. They definitely need to consider the customer service aspect a bit more. If someone had just explained why we weren't going over the coast, if it was due to weather, I would have been much more satisfied.

Overall really only worth it if you can go over the coast, otherwise we could have ballooning over farmland anywhere.

3  Thank TheSageTravelers
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Perfect view from up high. The flight was good but there was not enough wind to help make it even better. Overall, it is one of the best thing you should do in Gold Coast.

1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed 24 February 2017

My family and I went for a flight over the Gold Coast in December. The company was very understanding when we couldn't initially make it down during our first year, and extended our tickets for the following year. Our pilot, Nigel, was very professional, and the two instructors (one that I believe was a Luke) were very helpful and hilarious. After our flight we had a complimentary meal back at our hotel, joined by our two instructors and other passengers. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience.

The one downer was the winds were too strong on the actual day, so our flight was cut short and was over Beaudesert rather than the Gold Coast, but as all of us were first timers this didn't bother us.

2  Thank Starfired
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

There was one of the most fascinating and exciting flights in my life over Gold Coast region. I was inspired by stunning views and pleases by warm and welcoming attitude of the crew. The only one thing that ruined everything was disrespectful behavior of one of the call center operators. First time I called him on the 13th of February to book two separate tickets for me and my sister. I asked him several times to have two separate payments. I paid for my ticket by card, because I seriously intended to fly, but my sister was not sure and couldn't make up her mind immediately, so I just booked a ticket for her. She was supposed to pay by cash on the 14th of February in the morning before the flight, but in the night she got sick and couldn't go. While I was booking the tickets the call center operator didn't warn me that the tickets were non-refundable. He said "if she doesn't bring cash with her she wouldn't be able to fly". That's all he said. He didn't let me know if she doesn't show up they will charge me for her ticket. That's what happened the next day. I was charged for her ticket without giving them a permission to use my card. I do respect rules, but in this case the call operator had to let me know what terms and conditions were. He didn't . Moreover when I called him to sort this problem out he said that I was supposed to know all these rules. His excuse was he had hundreds of clients every day. However, it's his job , his duty and responsibility. He has to inform every single client (especially foreigners who are not familiar with Australian rules) that the tours are non-refundable. I lost a lot of money for nothing and instead o f enjoying my vacation I had to go to police office and waste my time sorting this problem out with my insurance company. I'm not a reach person and worked hard to save money for this holiday. Because of such disrespectful and irresponsible attitude of a call operator my vacation was spoiled. If only he warned me... Hopefully this man realized what he'd done, otherwise he's just the weakest link of the whole company which effects its wonderful service not in a good way.

3  Thank Olya B