“Helpful staff, comfortable stay”

Karana Palms Resort
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Recently stayed for a week and had a relaxing time. We arrived early morning (office was just opening up then) after a midnight flight and missing luggage. All we wanted to do was shower and sleep. Management was wonderful - called housekeeping to clean our unit first so we didn't have to wait for the 2pm check in. Our missing luggage arrived late afternoon while we were out and they took it to the unit for us. Unit was clean and comfortable. Really close to everything without having to put up with the noise. It was a lovely stay. Have already booked to go there again in March!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor above are quieter as the door from the parking lot tends to creak loudly when it...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights during the Christmas period and were pleasantly surprised. Accommodation was affordable and clean. We stayed with kids and had the ground floor apartment which we found to be perfect and safe for a 2 year old and balcony was spacious. The staff were amazing especially Evelyn. She was such a kind manager who went out of her way to help in any way. Staff stayed out of your way but were always there when you needed them. They even looked after our bags prior to check in. Had a lovely stay and had everything we needed. Will stay again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The room was clean and comfortable but all the little things that went wrong add up to a bummer experience. I arrived on a Sunday, a day on which the management is not available. I received no instruction from management on how to check in, so I was left pushing a button to contact an after hours service, which didn't work. Only after I spent over $1 per minute on my cell phone calling an answering service was I given instructions on how to retrieve my keys. A/C costs extra, the clothes dryer didn't work well, the pool was in a continual state of being cleaned and unavailable, and the wi-fi was an incredible rip off! There is plenty of competition for holiday apartments on the Gold Coast so I'd look elsewhere for your stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I recently stayed with my 8 year old daughter at Karana Palms Resort and had a lovely time. The Apartment is fully self contained with all you need to cook your own meals, plenty of pots, frying pans and crockery. The apartment was very clean and the balcony spacious with a 4 seater out door table and chairs.

They also have a supermarket service on the website which if you are arriving late is brilliant, I used it and was very pleased with price and how they placed all my groceries in fridge and pantry for my arrival.

The pool is great very well looked after with a shallow and deep end we loved it.

The owners are very friendly and helpful and enjoy the excitement of helping you book your tours and then follow up with questions when you return back and are genuinely happy to listen to your stories.

If you do not mind a short stroll into Surfers Paradise and seriously its an easy 10 minute walk this is a great place especially with young children as its quiet and away from the hustle and bustle.

We loved our 6 day break and would choose to stay here again on our next visit for sure

Thanks for having us

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have a great balcony
3  Thank Cathryn C
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We found our stay very good, management were very approachable and friendly and if something wasn't available or extra assistance was needed they were more than willing to help out. The location of the complex is very central and access to the main shopping and beaches of Surfers was an easy stroll but it was also not right in the middle of the crowds which made it very pleasant and relaxing. Would definitely stay at Karana Palms again the service was great.

3  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Upon arrival we were welcomed and shown to our room, the management were always helpful and assisted with enquiries and also booked my theme park tickets for me. The apartment was very spacious, very comfortable bed with an overhead fan, decent size kitchen and a lounge area with foxtel. The bathroom had a decent size shower and also a washing machine and dryer. The overall premises were well kept and my daughter loved swimming in the pool every day. There was a bbq as well which was free of charge. The location was great as it was a short walk over the bridge to the heart of surfers. I stayed here for 9 nights and I highly recommend this place and if i travel to qld again i will be staying here

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We recently travelled to the gold coast for a week and stayed at the karana palms resort on chevron island.From the start all staff were very helpful and the room itself was perfect fit for me and my family plenty of room and all of the tools to make the place a happy stay.the location was perfect a short walk over the bridge to the heart of the city but back on chevron island was always relaxing and peaceful.Overall enjoyed the whole stay and will be back sooner than later.

2  Thank donny g