“Dated but central to everything with nice pool and spa”
Review of Centrepoint Resort

Centrepoint Resort
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 14 May 2014

You get what you pay for, stayed here 5 nights found it to have huge sized rooms with basic furniture but could do with a better clean, carpet stained n tattered
Had a second toilet in laundry which was handy
Aircon did not work and when it did turn on would turn off after 10 mins and there wasn't much breeze so don't stay in summer as was told that's how they are. Lucky I bought my own fan
Found indoor pool to be very handy when windy or in the evening was very nice and the spa was hot and great at the end of the day. Also has tennis courts and two lots of bbqs and an outdoor pool with shallow area for kids.
Was very handy to everything in the centre of surfers with everything at the door step
Room need an overhaul and that would make it great
Staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jetski1200r
There are newer reviews for Centrepoint Resort

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Went on a family trip for a big occasion and just like the first time I was impressed!! Great staff who were all very helpful and did everything they could to make this stay as good as the first. Our room was great - clean and tidy and oh so big! Three families in three different rooms but our room was more than big enough to socialise in...and we did!!! Thoroughly enjoyed my holiday, and would I go back to Centrepoint? Hell yeah I would!!

Room Tip: Our suite was large and very sunny. Noise from the traffic, and we were on a main road, didn't d...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Denise053
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Rusty kitchen cook top, mould filled shower and a air con that doesn't even work it is a crap place to stay. when i complaned about the aircon not working Staff told me to open the slidding doors. But this did not help and traffic noise was a joke

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank ricky0405
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I bought the holiday over the internet as a Grab-one deal, four nights at Centrepoint reserve.
For a start, booking our holiday within the interval we wanted it was a b it of a story itself. But we made it! Four nights at half price sounded really tempting.
The surprises started with the first day, the first hour of arrival.
At the reception we’ve been told that the bond will be returned within a couple of hours from the moment we’re leaving the room. The day before we left we found out it takes actually about 5-7 working days and we got upset because we used the travel card that we placed the Holiday budget on. If would have known we would use a different credit card, taking chances to be charged extra for the conversion NZD-AUD and back.
However when we checked in and asked about the WIFI witch was included in the deal, we’ve been given a piece of paper with the ph no and the pricing for the broadband, about 30AUD for the period we planned to stay there. I have to say two days later we finally sorted that one out, once we reminded them about the deal.
As per the deal we purchased we had a bottle of wine waiting for us at arrival. Do you think it was there?! You’re right, it wasn’t, but 2 days later we actually reminded the guys about it and in the evening we found inside the apartment.
The worst came once we walked in the apartment; we have three children and a 40 years old house. We are not fussy, but we are clean people. What we found in the apartment was in certain areas filthy. The walls were dirty, it doesn’t take long to clean that up, but the paint seemed to be at least 10 years old and trust me they need renovating!!! The furniture was sad, the same age with me… close to 40; I haven’t seen such pieces in second hand shops… Really, when you charge 220AUD per night, you expect a little bit more comfort, not Hilton but for Christ sake, I have a nine years old couch (the oldest piece of furniture maybe) and that looks fantastic in comparison with what they have in there. Please remember my couch it’s been there for three children… The whole assemble is a combination of bad taste, filth or dirt and old stuff. My grandparents use to have fancier stuff and more fashionable and they were living in the country side 30 years ago.
As I explained to the manager, I understand we all have different standards so we took many pictures to keep them as memories from the Gold Coast. My children come from New Zealand and walk around sometimes a whole day bare feet but the way their feet ended up after the first evening spent on the tiles of that apartment was appalling. They obviously vacuuming only and not giving a good clean and that without bothering to move any furniture.
The first evening we ended up with the first guests shaped in form of crawling and creeping cockroaches, and they are few large families living at 1006. I am not a scientist, but there is more than one species in there. We took also pictures trying to explain at the reception that we are not making it up. That got kind of sorted once I got to the supermarket and got the sprays for keeping them away. We still met some of the family members in the following days but not as many. It is sad nobody seem to trust us, we addressed it to the manager and
You cannot use the BBQ without a special key, so you kind of need a booking; I wasted 30 minutes trying to get the thing working, unsuccessfully of course.
I consider bad management will define the best what I have seen in our stay at Centrepoint.
Friendly staff, but unable to help really, scrubbing the floors doesn’t take the filth from certain areas, the dirt on the walls and everywhere else or the dated furniture. And the fact we couldn’t be relocated and we had to live with the roaches and buy our own cans of Insect Killer.
For “good bye” the manager gave us another one to make sure we don’t forget it. We have been told we’ll be given cash for the 250AUD kept as bond and we were OK, but guess what? We got the cash and we got another 250AUD off out travel card, money that we found out days later when we realised we are out of money. I cannot say what I feel or what I felt about it. I am sorry I didn’t read previous reviews about this place and I would be very cautious in recommending the resort to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Large 2 bed apartment; 1 x double bed, 2 x single, 2 bathrooms, close to Cavil mall, apartment v tired. Actually the whole of Surfers is v tired. Noisy on busy road at front of building, where our apartment was located. Rooms tidy but dusty, lots of fluff especially in wardrobes. Lots of rules, not much in the way of chattels only 2 mismatched drinking glasses supplied, enough plates etc for 4 people. No DVD player, but has basic Foxtel, microwave, washing machine, dryer. Air con not very efficient & noisy. Only 1 towel per bed, no hand towels or face washers. Mattress protector’s very stained, no pillow protectors, pillows should have been tossed ages ago. Wouldn’t have noticed except we were asked to strip the bed on leaving. Sheets & pillow cases clean & laundered. Curtain & lining in bedroom 1 mouldy. WiFi available for purchase. Building has secure keypad entry, indoor & outdoor pool, BBQ in nice courtyard garden, no outdoor chairs though. Not a party house - not suitable for "schoolies", good for families having a beach holiday.
Summing up - Ok but don't pay full price & bring your own glassware! Consider staying at Broadbeach if you want a more sophisticated location, leave Surfers for the youngsters.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing beach, less road noise & cooler in evenings, no setting sun.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After I came back to NZ, I checked my bank statement and found out that they charged my credit card (AUD 250). When I e-mailed them why they charged my credit card, Anne replied and said it’s their mistake not taking authorization upon the check in but charged my credit card. She did refund AUD 250 on that date which was fine. However because of different exchange rate, I lost NZD 16.42. I contacted 3 times to refund the difference as it was their mistake and I didn’t spend that money. They haven’t replied me back until now and seems like they are ignoring me hoping that I would give up.

Gold Coast is holiday destination where a lot of international visitors come and go. I believe this would happen to anybody and any other place will refund the difference because it’s solely their mistake – not mine. Why would you get charged when you didn’t spend the money and it’s someone else’s fault. I knew that you get what you paid for so my expectation of this properly was low. But their service is below my expectation. How they deal with this situation is totally shocking and unacceptable. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS IF YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH SAME EXPERIENCE AS I AM GOING THROUGH. The management of this properly must contact me immediately and pay for the difference – I won’t give up!!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mercury_12
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Great central location, fully equipped units, we has 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Very well priced. Indoor heated pool. Heated spa. Outdoor pool and spa. Great spot - we will be back. Not a party place - ideal for families, couples or quiet groups.

• Stayed: August 2012