I recently returned from a wonderful weeks stay at the Sunset Island Resort in Surfers Paradise with two friends. I have nothing but positive things to say about our stay there.
Firstly, the staff members working on the front desk were so friendly and kind, they greeted us every time we arrived and left the Resort. We were also lucky enough to be allowed to check in early as the room was free. We also were able to have a late check out at a small cost, and the staff watched our luggage while we went for lunch before our late flight home.
We stayed in room 325 which was a 3 storey 2 bedroom penthouse apartment. The second we walked in the door we were in awe of everything, 2 sitting room areas, a washing maching and a drier, 3.5 balconies, 3 t.vs, a modern kitchen and 2 bathrooms. All the beds were super soft and comfortable and we were given plenty of blankets. Even the fold out sofa's were comfortable to sleep on. The dining room and sitting rooms had plenty of space to sit down, and there was an air conditioner on every floor. 2 of the balconies had out door settings including banana lounges, we spent plenty of time out there.
The swimming pool was clean and a decent size, plus a very comfrotable warm spa which was great to relax in. There was also a communial BBQ area which we didn't use, but it looked great.
The only negative thing I have to say is that the floors are very thin, you can hear people walking with in your own apartment very loudly. Apart from that the hotel room was very clean and spacious, perfect for a group of friends or a small family to stay in. It was about a 15min walk to the main shops and strip, or a $10 taxi fare, we did both frequently.
If there was any problems with out stay (which there wasn't) I wouldn't of hesitated to contact reception as they were very approcahable.
I was so shocked to read the reviews on here, I'm not too sure where all the negativity has come from, our stay was amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to tell my friends about staying here and I will be staying here again, Sunset Island Resort is worth a visit, you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully appointed apartments nestled at the end of Peninsular Drive providing boutique accommodation. The perfect spot to relax by the saltwater pool, or soak in the spa. With the river so close you can take the kids fishing. You will love every minute of your stay with us here at Sunset Island Resort-ideal home away from home, tucked away from the noisy, bustling streets but yet so close to the action...the ideal holiday getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Island Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Sunset Island Resort Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia