“Stayed at Mari Court & loved it. Apartments clean & well presented. Staff very helpful.Great pool!”
Review of Mari Court Resort

Mari Court Resort
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I stayed at Mari Court for two weeks and enjoyed every minute, It was clean and well looked after. Unit was lovely and comfortable with nice new furniture and kitchen ware, it was also nice and quiet so slept like a dream. I found the staff to be very helpful with all my queries and were only to pleased to help with all my bookings for my outings, including advising which buses to catch when required. Nothing seemed to be a problem. The pool & spa were great, heated and cleaned daily, which I know alot of other resorts do not do... It is well situated to both the main Surfers Paradise shops/night life and to Broadbeach and Pacific Fare. I walked to both several times during my stay it only took approx 20mins strolling to each. I have no hesitation in recommending Mari Court to all my friends and have already told many about my great stay. Thank you Mari Court for a such a WONDERFUL STAY.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank kiwilady21

Reviewed 2 December 2008

Overall we were disappointed. The games room is tucked away in a couple of parking spaces in the basement car park, across from the garbage dumpsters. It was dark and smelly from the garbage and car fumes and not safe to leave the kids on their own due to cars passing within a few feet and lack of general safety. The rooms were dark and average cleanliness, they needed a good scrub, couldn't use the dishwasher due to a gross smell. Had to pay for an extra toilet roll even when the first ones were half finished when we arrived. The balconies very small, almost tiny. Even the kids got a back aches from the beds. Atleast the pool was heated.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnMelb
Reviewed 3 August 2008

This was our second visit, we stayed for 2 weeks and while we had a good time the "resort" does have some problems. The room was fairly filthy upon arrival, wee spots on toilet wall, tiles very gritty with sand and the couch had numerous stains. No face washer provided & when the room was serviced (only once for a 2 week stay) they basically did nothing; floors were not even cleaned, they just made the bed basically. (You can see why the rooms are so dirty on arrival with these hopeless cleaners)

The resort does have a nice child friendly feel to it with lots of kids always playing in the pool etc but it does mean it’s not really a place for couples as it’s always very rowdy.
The room was cheap at only $100 a night basically.
As mentioned earlier this was a second visit and things have definitely changed for the worst since our first visit

GET SOME NEW CLEANERS!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank velcrochicken
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed for a week with my children. By night 3 the where sleeping on the two 2 seater couches. Children's beds where so uncomfortable they could not sleep. No wonder they where eager for a spa. No hair dryer not even a spare bin liner to help remove your own rubbish daily obligation. Grouting so dirty it was black, dirty walls no face washer old carpet and yes want more like dishwasing liquid you pay. Phone was not working on arrival but this was replaced promptly. The kids bedroom door was almost impossible to open as it jammed - not safe!! I was afraid I would put a hole in the door to try and get them out. Ok place to stay if other alternatives not available. Dishes in cupboard need washing before use to remove someone elses food. Crumbs in fridge on arrival.

Stayed: July 2008
4  Thank lovetravelling2
Reviewed 20 March 2008

My family stayed here in August 2004. We were pleasantly surprised by the great sized rooms, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, with great balcony overlooking the tropical gardens and pool area.

What can I say, the pool and surrounding gardens are absolutely immaculate. No rubbish, not a blade of grass out of place. All the pathways through gardens were hosed and cleaned EVERY morning, as was the pool area. The BBQ's were very clean and inviting, with tables and umbrellas to enjoy your BBQ. I've said it before, and again, how beautiful the gardens and pool was. If you love tropical and palm trees swaying, then you'll love this place. We found there to be plenty of lounges and chairs to sit on around the pool, but it was off season!

The only bad comment I can make was that the kitchen was not fully equipped utensil wise. I couldn't find a chopping board either, or a casserole type, or salad bowl, dish or a deep oven dish of kinds, not much cutlery in drawers.

Also, expect to pay for the mini golf, toilet paper etc, as others have said, IT'S TRUE. I would've thought these were absolute basics. But all in all, the gardens and pool would be enough to bring us back again. It's lovely and warm.

The location is nice and quiet, if that's what you want. 1min walk to beach. We decided to hire a car for our stay of 10 nights, and I'm glad we did, it's in the middle of surfers and broadbeach. At that time our kids were 10 and 5.

I, too, agree, that the games room is a bit of a joke really. It is in the underground carpark, is polluted and a bit fumey at times. It is tiny, dark and dangerous. No-one in their right minds would let children under 10 into it without adult supervision. If you don't want your kids hit by a car, don't let them down there unless you hold their hands. You can understand then why we didn't use it once.

• Stayed: August 2004, travelled with family
1  Thank travellin-bunch
Reviewed 29 October 2007

We spent four days here and were very disappointed with it. The resort is not how it is described on website. The units are very small, with old carpet in them. The lounge suite was old and dirty and the unit was very dark. We had a balcony that was close to the door therefore it had no privacy at all. The resort has a 4 star rating but I have stayed at Seacrest in Surfers which is a 3.5 star rating and believe me Seacrest is a much much better place to stay. We were told that Mari Court is a 15 min walk to Surfers, it took us 30mins to walk briskly to Surfers and equally the same to Broadbeach. You have to pay for every little thing that you use eg, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper etc. I made a phone call from Surfers to Brisbane for about 10-15mins and it cost me $11.50. I was also told that the mini golf was part of the resort but when we arrived you have to pay for that too. Last but not least the games room is down in the carpark so I was not going to let our children down there by themself, full of pollution and dark and dangerous. Also you have to pay for table tennis. Overall I can say that we were certainly given a false perception of the resort over the phone and through the website. This is a shame because we were so looking forward to our holiday for so long but we made the biggest mistake booking Mari Court Resort.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank seza69
Reviewed 23 August 2007

Enjoyed our stay at Mari Court Resort. Best thing about the place is the large heated pool, set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Some hotels say their pools are heated but they still feel like iceblocks. Not Mari Court. They say their pool is 28 degrees and it feels it. Kids played in it for hours, and so did we - even on cool days in August. Room was nice enough. Kitchen wasn't brilliantly equipped (anyone heard of a chopping board?) but we got by. My main gripe about the place was the "that'll be extra" mentality - everything from dishwash sachets to toilet paper costs. For the money you pay, it wouldn't kill them to supply a hairdryer and a couple of days dishwashing liquid without wanting you to pay extra. $1 per page to receive a fax is exorbitant. That said, the pool alone would be enough for us to return to this resort.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Vegetarian_Aussie