“DONT STAY HERE - RUDE RUDE RUDE”
Review of Mari Court Resort

Mari Court Resort
Reviewed 13 September 2010

With out a doubt, the most disgusting service we have ever received from any Australasian accommodation.
When we organised the booking we were advised that because we had 4 small children, we would be on the ground floor. We ended up on the second floor with 26 stairs, which with small kids was very differcult. Viv (one of the owners) was extremely rude, when we asked for the bed for our 2 year old (which had been booked.) He slept on the floor for 3 nights!! She said that we were lucky that the mari resort took us in as we had a group of 6! The alternative accommodation had no damas with this!!!! When we confronted Viv about our dramas, she really didnt give a toss. She actually told my wife that she wanted us to leave!!! (funny - because I told my wife to record that conversation on the mobile!!!)
Thank god for our travel agent who was able to find us a superior accommodation, on the water front, that was child friendly.
We will never stay at the Mari Court Dump again, and will strongly advise friends, family and anyone who mentions the Gold Coast to not go near this place.
For an extra small amount our latter accommodation was ten thousand times better!!

VIV - TRY WORKING ON YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE - IT REALLY SUCKS

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank kayacatajola
Management response:Responded 27 October 2010

A very disappointing review over a situation we believe we did everything possible to rectify your concerns which were caused through no fault of Mari Court Resort.

The following points may help to clarify the events:

1) The travel agent through whom you made your reservation never advised us of a ground floor request - as we were fully booked the best we could do was a mid floor apartment which is 15 steps from the ground floor reception area.

2) Upon contacting your agent re the additional bedding for your children I was advised that on the 15 July 2010 your wife advised the travel centre that no additional bedding was required - to reduce costs the infants would share existing bedding.

3) When advised of charges relating to additional bedding your wife advised me not to worry about it - hence I was surprised to recieve a call at 1am in the morning querying where the additional bedding was.

I had many reasonable conversations with your wife over the three day period your family were at Mari Court. It was not until her rudeness toward myself & your agent reached a
non-acceptable level it became apparent that in the best interests of your wifes mental state at the time it would be best, with the assistance of your agent for your family to relocate to another resort.

As a token of goodwill to your family Mari Court waivered the minimum night stay period to ensure there was no financial loss to you.

Within a week of your departure I recieved a personal note from your agent thanking me for my assistance in this matter.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

Our Family of 5, and my two brothers with there family's also stayed , we where close to bus service to theme parks, we had our car the was in a under cover Sucre car park,short walk to some wonderful restaurants and convenience stores,we are already planning our next trip and Mari court will be Our accommodation destination

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Ford8141
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My family really enjoyed the stay there. For 5 of us, the 2 bed-room apartment was very clean and comfortable. The gardens are a credit to them. Big thanks to Viv ,Dennis and Nikki for making it a memorable stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Avalon041
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Very spacious apartment in pleasant surroundings.. Unit was clean and well appointed...

Pool and BBQ area well maintained...

2 minute walk to patrolled beach....

Warm and friendly hosts......couldn't fault the service. Staff were knowledgeable and were able to arrange discounted vouchers for attractions...

Restaurants and shopping close by... all within easy walking distance...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mangkurat
Reviewed 16 May 2010

A wonderful stay at this resort. Great service, peaceful location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Kiwibirdy
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Great location close to the beach clean and tidy excellent kitchen nice pool and grounds friendly and helpfull managment and staff we would stay again

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kvw1
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My family of 5, Hubby , myself and 3 kids (22,14,6) have just spent the most wonderful 10 days at Mari Court Resort and we couldn't recommend it more highly. Yes, I've read the negative reviews here and was a little nervous that I had booked without researching first but now I'm glad I did because if we'd read the reviews first, we may have missed one of the best holidays we've ever had. Despite whatever else you may read here, the resort was faultless. The apartments were clean, modern, well appointed and very spacious. I didn't feel crowded at all even with 5 of us in a two bedroom apartment. The gardens are absolutely fabulous and the pool & barbeque areas are spacious clean and well maintained. The resort has a great security system and underground parking if you have a car but if, like us, you plan to use the public transport system, you will find you are in a great spot to catch buses wherever you want to go with just a short walk up or down the street to the nearest bus stops. Both the games room and mini golf were a bonus with the kids and we all enjoyed our stay immensely.
I must say that although all the facilites are without fault, the real gem of the place is the staff. Service is a high priority for me and even my high expectations were exceeded. If you are looking for first class friendly service, this is the place for you to stay. You won't be disappointed.
I would recommend this accommodation to all travellers. Whilst we were there, there were young families, families with older children, extended families, elderly couples and a few groups of young adult travellers. All were having an equally great time so don't overlook this property because of what you've read. Do yourself a favour and find out for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Mantra Circle on Cavill
Mantra Circle on Cavill
#6 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Mari Court Resort? Share your experiences!