Having stayed at the International Beach Resort for one week, "OUT OF ORDER" is the perfect way to sum up this resort! This is a prime example how the internet can make something look much better than it really is. It is advertised as having 5 star features but at a 3 star price. Allow me to share with you their 5 star features. Their games room consists of a whole five coin operated video games and one pinball machine. However, the pinball machine and 2 of the video games were "out of order" leaving a massive 3 video games playable. Oh the disappointment on the kids faces when they rush in to the games room to find....well....not much at all. The shared coin operated laundry although having enough machines still left working, had the standard scattering of "out of order" signs throughout. Moving onto the gym. It consists of an exercise bike, a stepping machine and one basic all in one workstation. Hardly what I would call a gym. The sauna. Surprise, surprise its "out of order" as well. The first thing I check when looking for a place to stay is the spa. Yep it's got one. Great I thought until I went for a relaxing soak. Most of the jets didn't work and the water was so cold, I had to get out after a few mins as I had goosebumps. The water at the beach was warmer!! Checked the temp every day and every day the same old story, temp was way too cold. Major disappointed! Absolutely nothing fancy at all about the room. Very plain with basic features. Remote control for the small tv supplied did not work but that's ok because it fits in with their "out of order" theme. Having stopped off on several floors to make sure it was not just on the level I was on, it was clearly evident that the carpet throughout was way past its useby date! Overall quite a disappointing resort which appeared ok when comparing a substantial amount of accommodation on the Gold Coast over the internet. Definitely will not be returning. Only positives that come to mind when reviewing this resort is the daily servicing of the rooms and that all staff were very friendly. My advice would be to consider one of the many alternatives to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- International Beach Resort, Surfers Paradise is the ideal location for the perfect Gold Coast holiday. Right at our doorstep is the magnificent Pacific Ocean beach shoreline with our world renowned surf. We are conveniently located just a minute's walk from "Cypress Avenue Tram Station," with just a 10 minute walk to the city center in Cavill Ave, dining outlets, and the famous Surfers Paradise nightlife that the city is known for. Seaworld or Conrad Jupiter Casino is only a short drive away. The resort comprises of 120 affordable and comfortable guest rooms which includes 80 one-bedroom apartments with self contained kitchen/cooking facilities and 40 standard hotel-style rooms. There is also a variety of bedding configurations to suit every individual. All guest rooms feature a private balcony which overlooks the ocean and/or the Gold Coast Hinterland. To suit all budgets, you will be perfectly set up to enjoy everything Surfers Paradise has to offer. The resort also provides excellent facilities for our guests including pool, spa, sauna, and tennis court.> ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Beach Hotel Surfers Paradise
- International Beach Resort Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia