So me and my family just came bak from this dump. We stayed 2 nights but after the first 10 mins of our stay we knew we wanted to leave. Unfortunately we joined a tour guide and were unable to change our stay.
The place was dirty as hell. Stove was rusting as was the fridge. Blankets provided havent been clean for years, there were marks and stains all over. Walls were were decaying and smelt of urine. But this was the best bit. Bugs lurking around the bathroom and a cockroach was lurkin around our sink. The staff could not case less about you. You ask them questions they always respond with the its "not part of my job description" attitude. They also have no idea what there is to do in the gold coast apart from the obvious theme parts. Tried asking them wat else we could do, they tell us go ask your tour guide. To further illustrate their incompetant behaviour, the chef in the morning buffet was wearing slippers and trackies and was busy chatting to another staff member while entering in and out of the kitchen at least 3 times a minute. Also when we checked out the lady who was generating a cigarette aura with a 2m radius didnt even ask for a room key. We were like ok we are checking out now and she just said ok and was about to walk off until we offered the key back to her.
Apparently many tourist groups go to this rubbish tip. I say if u are comin wit a tourist group then check were your staying. If its here then cancel your trip immediately until the tourist guide agrees to change locations. If your just going with family or mates then stay well away from here when looking for places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- International Beach Resort, Surfers Paradise is the ideal location for the perfect Gold Coast holiday. Right at our doorstep is the magnificent Pacific Ocean beach shoreline with our world renowned surf. We are conveniently located just a minute's walk from "Cypress Avenue Tram Station," with just a 10 minute walk to the city center in Cavill Ave, dining outlets, and the famous Surfers Paradise nightlife that the city is known for. Seaworld or Conrad Jupiter Casino is only a short drive away. The resort comprises of 120 affordable and comfortable guest rooms which includes 80 one-bedroom apartments with self contained kitchen/cooking facilities and 40 standard hotel-style rooms. There is also a variety of bedding configurations to suit every individual. All guest rooms feature a private balcony which overlooks the ocean and/or the Gold Coast Hinterland. To suit all budgets, you will be perfectly set up to enjoy everything Surfers Paradise has to offer. The resort also provides excellent facilities for our guests including pool, spa, sauna, and tennis court.> ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Beach Hotel Surfers Paradise
- International Beach Resort Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia