Wings was a fantastic choice for a week’s stay in Surfers. It's perfectly located - a 10 minute walk into Cavill Avenue or the other way into Broadbeach and a 2 minute walk to the beach. It means you get to choose whether you want to get caught up in the action of Surfers or not...
The closest beaches tend to get cool after 2.30pm due to the shadows of the skyscrapers extending across the beach, and the pool is located to the east of the Wings building making it shaded after 2pm so we would recommend pool time in the morning and then a walk to Broadbeach in the afternoon for beach time.
- Lovely pool and surrounding area
- BBQ area is great. There is a booking system for the BBQs and tennis court which works very well
- Staff were courteous and very professional
- Room was ready early (I'd let them know our flight details in advance and despite the fact that we were checking in on the 27th Dec when they had dozens of people checking in the staff organised for our room to be ready when we arrived)
- We had a one bedroom apartment that was huge, comfortable and very practically laid out. Friends were staying in one of the newest apartments in the heart of Surfers on the beach and despite the millions of dollars price tag for their apartment, our apartment was bigger (although their views couldn't be surpassed)!
- The apartment is well equipped, everything was working properly. You can hire a DVD player from reception if you have time to watch DVDs. An extra tea towel would be nice...
- Everyone staying there was relaxed and friendly. So whenever we got back to Wings we'd feel like we'd come back home
- The building, gym, pool, tennis court, apartments, everything is very well maintained
- Staff allowed us to use the facilities after we checked out until we were scheduled to go to the airport some hours later
We've been to Surfers heaps of times and stayed in a different hotel every time, and whilst there's never been anything specifically wrong with the other hotels, Wings 'felt' the most comfortable. We'll definitely be visiting Wings again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 300 metres from the rolling surf and two minutes from the heart of Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings is close to all the action and one of the most contemporary holiday resort apartment complexes on the Gold Coast. Built on the former site of the iconic Pink Poodle Motel, the property offers spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments or Two Bedroom Penthouses. All apartments and penthouses feature full kitchen and laundry facilities, air-conditioning, cable TV, internet access, stereo and spacious balconies with views across the Gold Coast and surrounds. Some of our apartments have an indulgent spa bath and this is available on request, however cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively book one of our Two Bedroom Penthouses which all offer spa baths, plasma televisions and stainless steel appliances. The resort features a freeform lagoon style pool and waterfall, private spa grotto, full-size tennis court, fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium, steam room, children's playground, barbeque facilities, porte cochere, grand lobby and secure undercover parking. Located a kilometre from the centre of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, Mantra Wings provides access to two of the most popular holiday destinations on the Gold Coast. Parties and excessive noise are not tolerated in apartments. Registered guests only permitted in apartments after 9pm. Failure to comply with the above will result in eviction of the guest/s from the property. Mantra Wings reserves the right to retain all accommodation paid. *Bookings will only be accepted if made during reception hours* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Wings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Wings Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia