“Huge, comfortable apartments”

Mantra Wings
Sydney, Australia
“Huge, comfortable apartments”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Wings was a fantastic choice for a week’s stay in Surfers. It's perfectly located - a 10 minute walk into Cavill Avenue or the other way into Broadbeach and a 2 minute walk to the beach. It means you get to choose whether you want to get caught up in the action of Surfers or not...

The closest beaches tend to get cool after 2.30pm due to the shadows of the skyscrapers extending across the beach, and the pool is located to the east of the Wings building making it shaded after 2pm so we would recommend pool time in the morning and then a walk to Broadbeach in the afternoon for beach time.

Highlights:
- Lovely pool and surrounding area
- BBQ area is great. There is a booking system for the BBQs and tennis court which works very well
- Staff were courteous and very professional
- Room was ready early (I'd let them know our flight details in advance and despite the fact that we were checking in on the 27th Dec when they had dozens of people checking in the staff organised for our room to be ready when we arrived)
- We had a one bedroom apartment that was huge, comfortable and very practically laid out. Friends were staying in one of the newest apartments in the heart of Surfers on the beach and despite the millions of dollars price tag for their apartment, our apartment was bigger (although their views couldn't be surpassed)!
- The apartment is well equipped, everything was working properly. You can hire a DVD player from reception if you have time to watch DVDs. An extra tea towel would be nice...
- Everyone staying there was relaxed and friendly. So whenever we got back to Wings we'd feel like we'd come back home
- The building, gym, pool, tennis court, apartments, everything is very well maintained
- Staff allowed us to use the facilities after we checked out until we were scheduled to go to the airport some hours later

We've been to Surfers heaps of times and stayed in a different hotel every time, and whilst there's never been anything specifically wrong with the other hotels, Wings 'felt' the most comfortable. We'll definitely be visiting Wings again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher levels facing the beach. You will get the morning sun, shade in the aft...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Eurofriends
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Dear Eurofriends,

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

It was great to read your review of our Resort - you have certainly painted a very detailed picture of the great facilities we have to offer, and the location which as you explained allows you to enjoy as much or as little of the Surfers action as you like.

We pride ourselves on the service we provide and it was therefore pleasing to hear of the service you received during your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I certainly look forward to hosting you back at our resort some time in the future when you "come back "home".

Kerry Gribble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Perth
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This was my third trip to Syrfers Paradise and i must say probably one of the most relaxing! Easy to organise pick ups to the Theme parks with the helpfull recpetionist's. (We also managed to lock ourselves out when reception was closed, but they had a very helpful security guard !)
The 'Wings Day Spa' is a tad pricey but the massages are fantastic!

The pool was great & so was the spa... and the room! We had a one bedroom apartment and it exceeded my expectations (possibly due to some of the mixed reviews i have read)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gemzbuck
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear gemzbuck

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to hear of your recent "relaxing" stay at Mantra Wings during, it was also great to hear of the service you received both from Reception and after Reception had closed from our Security team, I have shared your comments with the Team.

I agree we have received some mixed reviews in the past and as a team we have certainly been working on some of the areas of concern, so it is good to hear your comments of exceeding expectations.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I certainly look forward to hosting you back at our resort some time in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed 4 nights over Christmas and found everything including the staff to be very good. Our one bedroom was quite large and well maintained. We did have a few small room issues, however they were quickly attended to / organised by Melissa, who by the away was very pleasant and friendly. There is one feature that lets the room down and that is the cheap and worn lounge chairs - really uninviting and we actually chose to sit at the table instead.

The pool and spa / tennis court area was well maintained were enjoyed by the many families taking advantage of the outdoors. We appreciated the hot spa pool.

We will happily return as we found the area to be great and not so busy yet only a 15 min walk to Surfers and a 20 min walk to Broadbeach...... We hope the owners listen and update their furniture before our next visit.

Room Tip: Cafe 1two3 in Broadbeach for good breakfast and great coffee!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank surfoz
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Dear surfoz

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to hear of your recent stay at Mantra Wings during what was a busy time for the Resort, it was also great to hear of the service you received, I have shared your comments with the staff this morning and Melissa is most appreciative of your feedback.

I do agree with your comments regarding our facilities and it is just one of the reasons, I believe that our resort is popular with the many families that visit.

I would be interested to know what room you stayed in so I can personally review this room and discuss any refurbishment needs with the owners.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2011

A group of us had a two bedroom pool view room. Impressed with the room size and the pool and BBQ area was great.

Level of service was average, not really very friendly but not rude either. Room wasn't ready on time either which meant we had to keep our bags behind reception while we went for a walk to amuse ourselves for 40mins.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear Niq C

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to here of your comments on the room size and facilities whilst naturally disappointed to hear of your comments on the staff, great staff is one of the key attributes in any Hotel team and I truly believe we have a team that are friendly and willing to assist all guests..

I would certainly look forward to hosting you back at our resort some time in the future where I can assure you the service would be warm & welcoming as you would expect, please also advise if you intend arriving before our 2pm checkin time so we can try to accommodate you with an early arrival.

far nth nsw
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have stayed at Mantra wings in the past which has had its ups and downs. But I must now admit that this resort is improving with time. As always reception was very friendly and always helpful. My room was clean and tidy. I found that the pool and BBQ area was spotless which was a improvement from my last visit. The management are doing a great job and its good to see that one of my favourite resorts is well maintained and even improving with time. Once again I am happy to return as well as recommend this resort to friends and colleagues

Room Tip: High Floor away from road noise
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colegate85
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Dear Colegate85,

Many thanks for your recent posting on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to here that your return stay to Mantra Wings was well received and that you noticed an improvement. We are always working on areas of our operation that need improvement and the best measure of this is when a returning and loyal guest of Mantra Wings makes comments such as you have.

Thank you also for your comments on the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff as it is certainly something we pride ourselves on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property sometime in the future.

Rowville, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

After being impressed on my first holiday in mantra wings, my girlfriend and I decided we would stay again last week.
On arrival we were sad to find that none of our requests had been met, for example a ocean side room preferrably higher up in the building, but we recieved a low room just above the excruciating noise of the highway, which is currently surrounded in roadwork.
We decided not to complain because we arrived after 5, therefore reception was closed.
Other complaints include the airconditioner not working and the spa being out of order.
My advice is that if you must stay at Mantra Wings, ensure a ocean view room at all costs.

Room Tip: west-sided rooms are the way to go
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jonathan M
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Jonathan M,

Thank you for posting comments with Trip Advisor,

Firstly my apologies for not being able to accommodate your requests, we do receive many requests (particularly "High Ocean Veiw") and are not always able to meet these.
Whilst the noise of the roadwork team creating Gold Coast first Light Rail is disappointing it is ultimately out of our hands, however where possible when guests contact reception on this issue we are re-allocating to the other side of the Resort.
Finally my apologies for the items that were not in working order when you arrived.

Once again thankyou for taking the time to comment on your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Wings some time in the future and if you contact me prior I shall ensure we do the very best to meet your High Floor Ocean Veiw.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I really enjoyed staying at the mantra wings in the 2 bedroom apartment. I got it at a discounted price of 180 a night. Room was nice although it has by far the worst and most discusting embarrassing lounge. Other than that its a great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2011
MantraWings, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear Nibbles02

Thank you for posting your comments with Trip Advisor. With each of the apartments individually owned, it is your feedback that not only provides us, as the operator the opportunity to improve our facilities but to also have the owners understand the expectation of our guests. Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit the Gold Coast.

Kind regards