Mantra Wings
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$144
US$124
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$134
  • Beachfront
US$252
US$191
Marriott Hotels
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$133
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$180
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$137
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$105
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$105
  • Restaurant
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewspink poodlethe gold coastbedroom apartmentlarge balconyroad noisespa bathsteam roomsized bedafter hoursstay there againa great stayminute walkdvd playerwashing machine and dryersurf clubgreat facilitiesgreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed recently with my partner and another couple, along with their 2 year old son. Had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 9th floor. Apartment was clean, well stocked and large (which was needed with a 2 year old running around and all the equipment that comes with them!).

Facilities, including the pool, were beautiful. No complaints there.

The only thing I would suggest is to try and get a room on the ocean side. We were over the Gold Coast Highway so at times it was very loud with cars and sirens etc. but that's expected when right outside a highway. Otherwise - no complaints.

Room Tip: Request room on ocean side where possible - rooms on other side next to Gold Coast Highway so can be loud traffic at times.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Kate M, thank you for your recent contribution towards our Trip Advisor review site, I appreciate your feedback on our rooms and facilities, I see many parents arrive here very happy with the facilities where the needs of families with active children are well catered for.

Whilst I agree that the Ocean side is the quieter side of the Resort, the Hinterland side has some great views especially as the sun sets, and provides a great back drop when sitting on the balcony after a big day at one of the Coasts many theme parks.

Thanks once again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future where we will do all we can to accommodate any requests you have.

Regards

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the second time at mantra wings for the night before my wedding and had booked a one bedroom but got upgraded to a two bedroom :), only downside was the aircon was leaking water and was right above the tv!! And one of my room keys was bent but I've stayed before for my 21st and I love how there is so much room in the lounge room area and I love that I don't have to pay for parking like other hotels in the area

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Carla M, thank you for your recent contribution towards our Trip Advisor review site, I appreciate the balanced perspective of your review. Unfortunately sometimes maintenance issues such as Air Conditioning leaks do occur, however we have staff available to resolve most issues relatively simply.

Thank you once again for your feedback, as a return guest I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed in this room quite a few weeks ago now but certain things are still raw. We got to our room to find the second bedroom had two single beds instead of a double so we proceeded to reception to sort the situation out and were pretty much shrugged off being told "You should have written that you wanted a double in the comments section" something i have never had to do before. We were then sent to the room to check ourselves if the beds clipped together and even though i stated whether they do or don't i will need a larger sheet i was told "To call once i had checked" i called to request the sheet and the lady on the phone was quite rude and said "Well did reception tell you to go back down and collect a sheet of did they say they will bring you one up", one was brought up but when i asked for a double blanket i was told "We dont have any". The second room was very small (Would of been very awkward for two singles) and very hot and bright once the sun was up in the morning as one window had nothing more than a blind that barely shut. The only other issue we had was we were a little disappointed in the room itself, although very clean the furniture was dated - we were just expecting something a little nicer for the the money we paid. Not all was bad, as i said, the room was spotless and the facilities were great.
P.s This is the first issue i have had with Mantra - all Brisbane experiences have been great

Room Tip: Make sure you request a double for second bedroom if required.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelsea B
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Kelsea B, thank you for recent contribution towards our Trip Advisor review site, I certainly apologise for the arrival experience, I know how disappointing it is when you arrive and things aren't as expected.

We do have quite a bit of flexibility with our units in relation to bedding configurations due to the "king zip" beds that are in many of our unts. We do need to know of the bedding requests prior to arrival so that these can be organised in time for you. Their is however, no excuse for a guest to feel that a staff member is being rude, I will share your views with all of our staff members as a timely reminder of the service levels we are always striving for.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and appreciate your room tip to other travellers as it is important for us to get as much information as we can about a guests requirements.

Thanks once again for your review, and I certainly hope you will book with us again next time you are on the coast.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This our second stay at Mantra Wings and sadly the unit we were allocated faced the Gold Coast Highway rather than an ocean view.
The tiled floor areas were filthy especially the kitchen area.
When we first entered the unit there was a distinct smell of burnt, stale cooking fat. We discovered that the range hood looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years ( the oven wasn't far behind) The bedroom carpet leading from the bathroom was badly stained also.
The web site promotes "some units have Spa Baths" we'll don't bother, the spa is a very small one person , located in the same room as the washer dryer...not very romantic.
This property is a "Schoolies" venue and I suspect the units with zip king beds (as was ours)
as opposed to Queen are unzipped and used to pack in Schoolies .we noted that some had carved their initials into the balcony furniture.
Tip : If you choose this property, ask for an ocean view( as most of the units in the property are)
And ask to view the apartment before check in.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Xlcobra

Dear XIcobra, thank you for your recent contribution towards our Trip Advisor review site.

Firstly can I please offer my absolute apology for the unit we accommodated you in, whilst this was not such a pleasing review to read, it is nonetheless important we learn from our mistakes, it would appear we have made more than a few on this occassion. I will be addressing these concerns with our Housekeeping team so as to explain to our team the need to get it right everytime, or risk disappointing a guest who has prevously had a good stay here.

With regards to Spa Baths we do have some in our units, however they are limited and therefore we can't always accommodate these requests, from the description you have given of the bathroom the unit you were in had a bath not a spa bath.

The beds you had in your unit "king zips" are typical of what most Hotels & Resorts have in their units nowdays as it allows us to provide greater flexibility of choice for guests.

I certainly hope this has not been your last stay at our Resort and would like to think I will be welcoming you back some time in the future at which time I am certain the room will be of the standard you would expect.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We arrived at the apartments at 6pm to find that the reception was closed. This didn't prove to be a big problem as there is a security box where the keys can be collected from. The apartment was very spacious, with good quality furniture and a large balcony. The apartment also had everything that we needed for our stay.
The master bedroom was very comfortable with an ensuite bathroom and a door direct onto the balcony. The twin bedroom was a bit cramped. The shower room was more than adequate and also had a washing machine and a tumble dryer which was particularly welcomed.
In the morning when the reception was open we were able to fully check-in. The receptionist was very helpful and sorted us out various trips during our stay.
The grounds of the apartments are well kept and the heated pool was lovely. Whilst there were some sunloungers around the pool it was totally inadequate for the number of guests. Another gripe was that the sun disappeared behind the tall buildings early afternoon!! Other facilities included a tennis court, BBQs, a small gym and a spa treatment centre.
The complex is a short distance from the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise.
In conclusion we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Mantra Wings, our only small complaint was the high cost of the internet charges.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rojo447

Dear Rojo447, thank you for recent contribution towards our Trip Advisor rewiew site, I certainly appreciate your very detailed review of the facilities in the room and around the resort.

I understand your comments with regards to the sun loungers, and whilst we manage this Resort for the Body Corporate of the Building we are constantly working with the Body Corporate to improve the facilities around the Resort for the comfort of guests and residents.

The Internet pricing amongst other costs are constantly being reviewed in conjunction with our suppliers and I will pass this feedback on to them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for assisting to paint a picture of our resort and facilities for future guests, I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort some time in the future.