All reviewspink poodlethe gold coastbedroom apartmentlarge balconyspa baththe security guardsteam roomsized bedafter hoursroad noisestay there againminute walka great staydvd playerlaundry facilitieswashing machine and dryersurf club
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the two bedroom apartments on the GC highway side of the hotel. I found the rooms to be comfortable, well prepared and clean. You get a full kitchen with fridge/freezer electric stove top, cultery, dishwasher, kettle and toaster and a supply of basic cleaning supplies.
The Wings does not do services for stays under 8 days but you are provided with your own washing machine and dryer if you need them. We stayed five nights and had no problems keeping the rooms clean and tidy in that time. The balconies were lovely even if they were in shade at this time of year.

There were some very minor problems with the rooms around the diverter for the bath and aircon however we didn't need to report these until the end of our stay as we weren't using them and the hotel were very professional and polite in thanking this and referring it to maintenence. Additionally reception hours are extremely limited (only open between about 8.30am-5pm on weekdays and less at weekends) so you may have to play James Bond and ring a man to be given a safe code when checking in.

The one significant problem (over which the hotel has no control) is the noise from the GC highway, the trams have just begun operating the weekend we left and they start early. It's by no means deafening but it is persistant traffic noise throughout the night. If you're a person who needs quiet nights to sleep you may struggle particularly on the highway side of the hotel so bring ear plugs if you use them.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay, it's far enough from Surfers to escape the late night party noise and close enough to the sea and the centre of town that you can easily walk around and soak in the atmosphere I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the sea, not the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WalsallLaura
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear WalsallLaura, thank you for your recent wonderful review of your stay at Mantra Wings that you posted on the Trip Advisor Review Site.

I appreciate your feedback on the Resort and in room facilities and would like to thank you for bringing the Maintenace items to the attention of our team.

The location of the Resort does allow you to be somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle of the Restaurant & Nightclub precincts in Surfers & Broadbeach, but the new Light Rail provides convenient access to get to these areas when you need to get to them.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future and if I could ask you to contact me prior to your arrival (wings.res@mantra.com.au) I will do what I can to place your booking on the Eastern side of the Resort.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is loverly resort, modern with everything you'd expect plus having the new Hooters restaurant in the ground floor only adds to it's charm. Unfortunately loud music, heavy base vibrating through the building is not my idea of relaxing. I sincerely hope this issue can be remedy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ben H, thank you for your recent review that you posted on our Trip Avisor Review Site, I understand your concerns with the base of the music that comes from the Hooters Restaurant adjacent to the Resort. I have been in discusson with the Management of the Hooters Restaurant and they have spent some time this week reviewing their music settings in their system, I am pleased to advise this issue has now been resolved.

Thanks once again for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Thought it was good value for money, everything we needed full kitchen and laundry, huge balcony, nice pool. A little far from Cavil Ave (to walk with a child but very short drive) but this made it quieter. Overall I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear elizzybeth63, thank you for your recent posting on our Trip Advisor Review Site, I have shared your thoughts with the team here at the resort who are certainly appreciative of your feedback.
Thanks once again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed overnight with 5 tweens - close to beach and Surfer's Paradise.
Bit noisy on the traffic side and average views from where we were located but our 3 br apartment was very spacious and clean. The seasonally heated pool was great for the kids. Nice and big - and they loved the spa. Bit pricey for low season, but 3br apartments can be hard to come by...

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road, otherwise the doors have to stay closed if you want some quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AJ K
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear AJ K, thankyou for your feedback on our Trip Advisor Review site from your recent stay at Mantra Wings. I understand your concerns about the noise from traffic which is always going to be a difficult one to manage when the Resort is located on the main highway into Surfers Paradise.
Fortunately as you have pointed out when the doors are closed, the noise is predominantly kept outside.

It certainly appears from your review that your "tweens" were comfortable with the facilities which is always good to hear.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort some time in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great views, comfortable bed, very clean. Friendly staff, neat modern facilities (gym/pool/bbq). Traffic noise can be loud as located on Hwy. Average lounge. Not far from Broadbeach or Surfers heart. Would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear betadelta, thank you for your recent contribution on our Trip Advisor Review site, I have shared your feedback with the team who are equally appreciative of your feedback.

It is great to hear you would return, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future.