“Not close to anything.”
Review of Mantra Wings

Mantra Wings
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Totally absurd parking arrangements. Vehicles are expected to travel on the right side of the ramps to the basement car parks,which resulted in a number of near misses. It is only a matter of time before there is a death or serious injury. I would avoid this hotel until the matter is resolved. It is only a matter of moving the "swipe key" posts to the other side of the driveways. Maybe the solution is too simple.

Room Tip: We were on level 13. Views were great. Some traffic noise, but worst were the garbage collectors who...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aussieandy24
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear aussieandy24, thankyou for your contribution towards our Trip Advisor Review site concerning your recent stay at our Resort.

I understand your concerns with regards to parking and admit that at first I too was somewhat surprised by the Carpark entries that are commonplace in about 95% of the Apartment & Resort complexes on the Gold Coast. This setup however is done in such away to allow the driver to access an entry point swipe for the carpark gates on the right hand side entry - the alternative to this would mean a driver would have to get out of the car to swipe the access point.

In saying that in the last month due to the increased patronage of the car park we have organised significant additional signage and line marking to try to minimise any possible issues.

Thanks once again for your feedback it is certainly appreciated as all feedback allows us to re-visit our operations in order to always improve our systems and services.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the Mantra Wings many times and as always their service was friendly and the booking, arrival and departure was easy (they even provided us with a late checkout when requested an hour before our normal time!).

Previously we had booked a 2 bedroom apartment which had more than enough space, and this time the 3 bedroom apartment did not disappoint either - the lounge and dining area was very spacious, along with the balcony (which had great views) and also a smaller balcony off the main bedroom.

The main bathroom was also huge - double sinks, bath and shower (larger than the separate main bathroom!) however the only negative I could find was that the window between where the main bed was and the ensuite was clear - therefore if you are concerned about being in the bathroom while someone was in the main bedroom, it is a bit awkward!

Also too the main bathroom (which most of the guests were using as we had two other rooms) was a lot smaller, more of an ensuite size... whereas I feel this one should have been the larger one.

There is plenty of visitor parking which always helps (although as we had booked a three bedroom we got two sets of keys and two carparks).

The only other potential negative is that the location could be closer to broad beach... as it is in the middle of both broad beach and main beach so there isn't really much within walking distance. However is still really easy to get to when driving and both are a few minutes away by car.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear miss-bee-anchor, thankyou so much for recent wonderful contribution on our Trip Advisor Review site.

It was pleasing to read your feedback, both positive and constructive and I agree that a solution to the ensuite window is a good idea moving forward. I have shared your service comments with the team here and as you can imagine this was well received.
Whilst the Resort is right in the middle of the nightlife of Surfers Paradise and the Cafe & Restaurant precinct of Broadbeach it does allow us to remain far enough away from most of the city noise but yet close enough for an easy walk.

Thanks once again for your feeback, it is certainly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom room (809). We had a late check in which was simple and well arranged. All the staff were friendly and even gave my son a present on arrival. The room was spacious and well appointed with two bathrooms, modern kitchen and lounge room and big main bedroom with huge walk in robe and ensuite. The balcony wrapped around our room
And could be access from both bedrooms and the lounge room. The laundry had a good washing machine and dryer. The room was immaculately clean and beds super comfy. The pool area was beautiful and heated and the ground were immaculate. We will definately stay here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a nice place to stay. It's a bit far to walk with kids into cavill avenue so I'd recommend, like we did, of hiring a car. It was a great stay and went beyond all our expectations.

Stayed: August 2014
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear ShereeHill, thank you for the review of your recent stay at Mantra Wings on our Trip Advisor Review site, it certainly sounds like we ticked all the boxes on your stay which is great to hear. The team work hard to ensure all the facilities and grounds are well maintained for our Guests and Residents and so I know they will enjoy reading your feedback.

Transport now is even easier with the Gold Coast Light Rail up and running, and with the closest station just 300 metres north of the Hotel you have easy access to everything from Pacific Fair in the South to the new University Hospital in the North.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment. Everything was beautifully set-out and clean. The views over the canals were fabulous, with a great-size patio to enjoy it all. It would be great for couples or families to stay in. Surfers Beach was only a few minutes away and Pacific Fair Shopping Centre just down the road (with trams).

Room Tip: Room 1309 had great views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie F

Dear Debbie F, thank you for your recent review on our Trip Advisor website, I certainly appreciate your feedback, and I am even more appreciative on your comments on views from one of our units that views the River & Hinterland. Whilst Surfers Paradise units have some great Ocean views the Hinterland is probably even more spectacular especially in the evening with the sun setting after a long day of playing tourist on the Gold Coast.

Thanks you once again, I lok forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We returned today having spent just over a week at Mantra Wings. We stayed in a two bed apartment overlooking the pool and didn't experience any issues with noise. For us it was a great location as it's between both Broadbeach and Surfers both of which are a comfortable walking distance or a short tram ride away on the new G. The apartment appeared not to have been updated for a little while but it was clean and tidy as was the pool, playground lifts etc so absolutely no complaints and whilst we only spoke to reception on a couple of occasions they were polite and helpful when checking in and out and we didn't experience any issues due to reception hours. The local Northcliffe Surf club is two minutes away worth a mention as fantastic food and it also caters for little people. Romeos pizza is also close by but from our experience I would give this a very big miss. All in all we would defiantly consider staying again on our next winter break.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bobby12337, thank you for your recent posting on our Trip Advisor Review site, we more often than not, have reviews that rate our property popular for its location and I certainly never tire of reading them.
I note your comments on the updating of the room and I am happy to advise that this week will be progressively working though all rooms with any eye on the needs of different units to be upgraded.

The local Northcliffe Surf Club is often voted as one of the best on the Gold Coast and very popular with our guests and residents (especially those with little people)

Thanks once again for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back on your next winter break if not before.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the two bedroom apartments on the GC highway side of the hotel. I found the rooms to be comfortable, well prepared and clean. You get a full kitchen with fridge/freezer electric stove top, cultery, dishwasher, kettle and toaster and a supply of basic cleaning supplies.
The Wings does not do services for stays under 8 days but you are provided with your own washing machine and dryer if you need them. We stayed five nights and had no problems keeping the rooms clean and tidy in that time. The balconies were lovely even if they were in shade at this time of year.

There were some very minor problems with the rooms around the diverter for the bath and aircon however we didn't need to report these until the end of our stay as we weren't using them and the hotel were very professional and polite in thanking this and referring it to maintenence. Additionally reception hours are extremely limited (only open between about 8.30am-5pm on weekdays and less at weekends) so you may have to play James Bond and ring a man to be given a safe code when checking in.

The one significant problem (over which the hotel has no control) is the noise from the GC highway, the trams have just begun operating the weekend we left and they start early. It's by no means deafening but it is persistant traffic noise throughout the night. If you're a person who needs quiet nights to sleep you may struggle particularly on the highway side of the hotel so bring ear plugs if you use them.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay, it's far enough from Surfers to escape the late night party noise and close enough to the sea and the centre of town that you can easily walk around and soak in the atmosphere I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick one facing the sea, not the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WalsallLaura
Kerry G, General Manager at Mantra Wings, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear WalsallLaura, thank you for your recent wonderful review of your stay at Mantra Wings that you posted on the Trip Advisor Review Site.

I appreciate your feedback on the Resort and in room facilities and would like to thank you for bringing the Maintenace items to the attention of our team.

The location of the Resort does allow you to be somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle of the Restaurant & Nightclub precincts in Surfers & Broadbeach, but the new Light Rail provides convenient access to get to these areas when you need to get to them.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future and if I could ask you to contact me prior to your arrival (wings.res@mantra.com.au) I will do what I can to place your booking on the Eastern side of the Resort.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is loverly resort, modern with everything you'd expect plus having the new Hooters restaurant in the ground floor only adds to it's charm. Unfortunately loud music, heavy base vibrating through the building is not my idea of relaxing. I sincerely hope this issue can be remedy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ben H, thank you for your recent review that you posted on our Trip Avisor Review Site, I understand your concerns with the base of the music that comes from the Hooters Restaurant adjacent to the Resort. I have been in discusson with the Management of the Hooters Restaurant and they have spent some time this week reviewing their music settings in their system, I am pleased to advise this issue has now been resolved.

Thanks once again for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to my attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort some time in the future.