“Great hotel, loved the room, friendly staff. Pretty good location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mantra Wings

and 1 more site!
Mantra Wings
Singleton, Australia
“Great hotel, loved the room, friendly staff. Pretty good location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel, for 5 nights in December 09. We got a good deal and paid $525 for the room.

We were really impressed by the whole hotel and especially the room. The room was completely self-contained. Had a washing machine & dryer, full sized fridge, microwave and dishwasher (yay!). Kitchen was really lovely. Fairly well equiped with pots, oven trays, utensils, plates and cups. The only thing we really noticed was missing was a fry pan which was a bit annoying. The furniture was pretty nice, a little bit of wear here and there but not so much you'd really notice. Lounge was super comfy!

When we got in, we noticed a bit of sand on the made bed so we called down to reception and they were very apologetic and sent someone up straight away. The lady was really nice and changed all the sheets for us. Really good service.

Only problem was you were given a few supplies like toilet paper, dishwashing liquid and washing powder which did begin to run out towards the end of our 5 night stay. So you may have to purchase more from reception if you were staying longer.

The pool was awesome, and the spa, great. They have a nice BBQ area next to them, and tennis courts. There is also a steam room and gym which we didnt use.

Its not a bad location in between surfers and broadbeach. We walked most of the time up to Cavill Ave. It was about a 20 min walk. But if you are feeling lazy, there's a bus stop right across the street. There's a few good restaurants close by also.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definately come back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bugbum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Dunedin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

I stayed in teh Mantra Wings for seven nights in October 2009. I was disappointed in the apartment in general. It was smelly and so were the furnishings in the living room, ie the couches and cusions smelt like oily hair. The benches left a bit to be desired and the general maintenance of the apartment was quite poor. They had obviously done the basic cleaning between guests but there was no evidence of a proper maintenance, ie the sinks and cupboards, benches etc were quite grotty and I had to clean everything before using it., ie ran through the dishwasher to ensure clean to use. The carpets were very stained.

The pool was lovely and I would say this was the best part of the stay. The reception staff were friendly and approachable. This apartment is a lenghty walk from Surfers but this didn't bother me as I enjoyed the stroll.

I think my tranvelling companion initially thought I was being a bit fussy but for the price we paid and the way it looks on the internet, we were both a bit disappointed in the shabbiness of the apartment.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank bambam1000
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

I recently booked one night of accommodation at the 4.5 star Mantra Wings Resort through the Mantra website. I originally booked a one bedroom standard room, and was notified a few days before arrival that I had been upgraded to a two bedroom deluxe room, which I was very impressed with.

I arrived at about 8 p.m. and was greeted by the security guards who advised me that the reception closed at 6 p.m., and they guided me through the process of check in and obtaining my room key.

I went to my room with the friend I was staying with and the room appeared to be in order with no major issues that I could see. Before going to bed that night, I opened the wardrobe in the main bedroom of the room to find that it was full of women's and children's clothing and underwear. I was understandably shocked by this and tried calling reception in the hope it would be diverted to someone who would assist after hours, but there was no answer. I was unsure if this was someone else’s room that I had mistakenly been checked into and this concerned me as I was unsure if housekeeping had even cleaned the room from the previous guest that was staying at the hotel.

To ensure that I was not sleeping in a room that hadn’t been cleaned, I lifted the cover of the bed to find that there were hairs in the bed. This was another shock and something I wouldn't expect in a 4.5 star hotel’s deluxe room.

Unfortunately, as I was unable to get in contact with any management after hours, I slept in the single bed in the second room after I had checked to make sure it was clean and hygienic.

In addition, during my stay at Mantra, the TV in the living room was not functioning, which was not as much of a concern as the unhygienic room that I was provided with. I felt as though I was staying in someone else’s room which horrified me and my fellow guest.

When I checked out at 10:00 a.m. and I advised the front desk agent, of the state of the room, and she apologised for the situation and advised me that she would speak with her manager who could discuss the issue with housekeeping and maintenance.

My stay at Mantra Wings was a nightmare and I found that the description of the hotel on your website is misleading. I have enclosed some photographs I took of the wardrobe and hairs in the bed. The quality of the pictures is not great, but it should be sufficient to provide you with an understanding of how I felt staying in the room. I have never complained about a service before, as I too work in the service industry and understand the constraints people in the industry face, however, after discussing my experience with friends and work colleagues for two weeks about whether I should make a complaint about my experience at Mantra Wings, I decided on their advice that the issue should be brought to the attention of other people looking to stay art Mantra Wings.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Benske
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

We stayed here for schoolies in 07. The location isn't great (for what we wanted) it was a 20 minute walk to Cavill Ave every night, and in heels, that isn't fun. We were a little way from the beach too. But the rooms were really nice and spacious (we got a 2 bedroom) and the service was good.
The room that we stayed in was very stuffy at night though, and we couldn't open the window because we got too much noise from the road below, so we ended up having to leave air-con on all night with our door open. They were good dealing with all the schoolies kids though I have to give them that.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank picnic4
sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2009

i stayed at the mantra wings hotel, with my husband as a birthday gift, when we got there at about 2.30pm we went to check in, but got told that our room was not ready, so we had to wait around for another 30 mins before we could check in. the reception staff wernt very approuchable or friendly. the appartment itself was small and smelly, there was also alot of dints and scratches on the walls and stains on the carpet. along with that there is a long walk just to get to a shop, and cavill av, is about 30 min walk, so i was not impressed. a few days after we got home, we received a letter in the mail, which said we had been billed 50 dollars for a cleaning fee, which i was just shocked at,as we had cleaned the room when we left. and asumed that the rather expensive price tag for each night of 250 dollars would have covered the costings of washing the bed sheets and linen. after a nother week went by, i got a email from them saying that i was being billed 1000 dollars for damaging the propety, such as dints in walls and cigerate stains, which neither my husband or myself smoke, so we called them up and they where telling us a strupid story that we did all of it, and that they where taking the money out of our credit card. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mindy88
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

We stayed at a 3 bedroom apartment for 6 nights. The rooms were quite spacious and the living area was sufficent for 5 adults and 2 toddlers. The apartments are situated away from the central of Surfers so it wasn't too noisy at night for families with young children who need to sleep early. We were able to check out late without additional fees. So instead of rushing on the day of departure we took our time to pack and get ready to leave.

However, we had the unfortunate experience of finding a broken glass panel to the showers. They had obviously knew about it because the panel was removed and was leaning against the wall, but why on earth would they not fix it up before allowing us to check in? We had 2 little children and it wasn't safe for them to find the glass! Then we had the issue of light bulbs being broken and had to report it to them to fix up. On the second night the microwave (which we used to sterilise baby bottles) was overheating and wouldn't turn on. Afraid that it might switch itself on while we were sleeping we had no choice but to unplug the microwave for the duration of our stay.

Other than that, the stay was quite comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AraleMelbourne
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

Mantra Wings is well located, a little outside of the hub of Surfer's Paradise. We stayed for 3 nights in a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms and a spacious kitchen and living room. We got a good deal in that the third night was free.

Apartment is only serviced if you stay more than 1 week. You can pay for regular servicing if you like.

My children much preferred staying in Mantra Wings as compared to the Holiday Inn (which is actually more expensive for a family of 5).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family