Mantra Wings
Florida Apartments(Surfers Paradise)
  • Free Internet
Columbia Tower(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Paradise Inn Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspink poodlethe gold coastbedroom apartmentlarge balconyroad noisespa bathsteam roomsized bedafter hoursstay there againa great stayminute walkdvd playerwashing machine and dryersurf clubgreat facilitiesgreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2006

Hmmmmmmm At the time of this writing, this property currently rates as the number ONE rated hotel at Surfers Paradise. Which SHOCKS me... I stayed here for a week from March 3rd to the 10th and while I had a wonderful stay in a lovely apartment, I'd hardly say this is the best hotel in Surfers Paradise... heck, not even close... This is not even beach front.

Okay... I arrived.... easy friendly check-in, I was on the third floor, which allows for NO PRIVACY from the outside and I had to keep my curtains closed most of the time. My one bedroom unit was nicely decorated and was very large. The bathrooms are lovely and well appointed, as was the full kitchen. The grounds are lovely and it was a easy 5 minute walk to the beach. At first I was very concerned about my location... then I noticed some units face a petrol station and then others face a very very busy roadway.

Another odd thing... When you exit the elevator on your floor... there are 5 units to the left and the same to the right. There are gaps under the doors, so the noise in the hallways can be somewhat shocking, not to mention the smell of people cooking all kinds of foods. Makes for a interesting entry into your unit. Although, with all that noise in the hall, I found my room to be fairly quiet, I did though place a towel under the front door to try to block the noise. Also, the living room has AC, but the bedroom oddly didn't... but I found if I just left the AC on all day, the apartment stayed nice and cool.

Anyway, I enjoyed my stay... and loved my apartment, but would have prefered it being on a higher floor. Being on the third floor affords NO PRIVACY AT ALL! And I was right above the entryway, so I could hear everyone coming and going. odd setup... but a nice place for a week stay exploring the Gold Coast. Would I consider it the FINEST on the Gold Coast???? NO WAY... NOT EVEN CLOSE... but still a nice place... but surely not the finest the GC has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank NYC1945
Reviewed 17 March 2006

Just come back from the gold coast and stayed at breakfree wings resort, originally booked into another resort but was doubled booked then we upgraded to breakfree wings and this has been the most rewarding place we have ever stayed at, we had a two bedroom apartment which was very very roomy, the staff are very helpful and the kids loved it so much they didn’t want to come home, all furnishings are very modern, stainless steel appliances, clean and tidy. Would recommend to book with a view to the pool. 10 minutes walk to cavill ave surfers paradise and 20 minute walk to pacific fair, we relied on public transport which was right outside the resort and ran every 10 to 15 mimutes. we would have no hesitation in staying here again and recommend to all who are looking for clean, modern, comfortable & tidy.

• Stayed: March 2006
10  Thank devoe
Reviewed 8 January 2006

People should note that all these Breakfree places - which appear way to affordable to be true - are exactly that - not true, the prices are PER PERSON which is unusual for most hotels - and once they tack on the other charges like 2% for credit cards, parking etc which others dont charge the cheap deals are not what they seem ..

Stayed: December 2005
16  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 17 November 2005

We have just stayed at the Breakfree Wings for a 7 night break in a 2 bedroom executive apartment. The apartment was lovely - clean, modern, large, lots of storage, and a wonderful spa bath. The best thing is that there was no noise from the neighbours - fantastic soundproofing. (We have 2 small boys who make quite a lot of noise, so we are always conscious of this with accommodation).
Breakfree have a reception desk in the lobby, and were great with information regarding public transport and directions. The bus stop is right outside the hotel.
The photos of the pool we had seen on the website are a bit deceiving - the pool is very good, but not quite as good as the photos lead you to believe. Its great for little ones as there is baby wading area at one end of the pool where they can paddle around whilst you watch from the deeper end. We didn't use the tennis court, but it seemed popular and well maintained, as did the gym.
They have a lovely BBQ area with tables & chairs and a fenced-in playground located close by which is great. Our afternoon ritual was to let the boys have a play in the playground whilst we sat and had our own 'happy hour'.
The only negative thing I would say about Wings is the location. It is half-way between Surfers & Broadbeach, which means everytime you want to go somewhere its at least a 15-20 min walk in either direction. Also, we were on the 7th floor and still had noise coming up from the highway beneath which did interrupt time spent on the balcony.
Overall, a great holiday destination with lovely facilities and spotlessly clean. Recommended.

14  Thank mrsmcmd
Reviewed 8 August 2005

We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment for 3 days in July. It was a really spacious modern apartment with big en-suite boasting a spa bath as well as large walk in shower.
We had stayed the week before in the Breakers North apartments just across the road. These were advertised as 4 star but turned out to be a 2 star apartment with 4 star views (right on the beach) The apartment was shabby, dated and needed a good clean whereas the Breakfree Wings apartment was spotless with everything you could need.
I would definitely recommend Breakfree Wings.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business