We stayed here for a week in mid-July 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the second floor (211) overlooking the pool. With a northerly outlook we got sun most of the day. Very pleasant. The apartment was well appointed and equipped - microwave, oven, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer etc. It was also very clean, which we appreciated. The only thing we missed was a decent radio. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were a pleasure to deal with, and the oranges that one of the staff brought in each day from his home were an added bonus. There was a wifi connection available from a Jimojo hotspot but it was sporadic throughout our stay, and not too reliable. It was also incredibly expensive - $65 for the week. We bought a three-day Gold Pass which gave us unlimited travel on the local buses. This was good value. We could also have bought a Go Card for the buses but we found out about this too late. We ate in the Resort restaurant (Kesh) on our first night but didn't return for dinner again. We weren't impressed with the food. We had breakfast once in the restaurant. The food was fine but the background music was way too loud and quite an annoyance, Al in all, though, it was a good week and we would certainly consider paying a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Moroccan inspired 4 star Gold Coast icon. The Marrakesh is a boutique resort offering 1 & 2 bedroom fully self-contained apartments. 2 heated bionized pools & spas (both indoor and outdoor), pool side BBQ, gym, sauna and roof top sundeck and BBQ area. Located between the exciting nightlife of Surfers Paradise and the restaurants, cafes and international shopping at Broadbeach. The beach is just a short stroll and the G Link tram and buses are close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marrakesh Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marrakesh Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marrakesh Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marrakesh Hotel Apartments
- Marrakesh Resort Apartments Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia