“Granola my favorite breakfast”

Marrakesh Resort Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Granola my favorite breakfast”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Beautiful very clean and quiet.Easy walking distance to Surfers and Broad beach excellent food in the restaurant Great value for money .Fantastic staff thanks to Chongo very helpful.Will go there again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The apartment was clean and well furnished with everything you'd need. It also comes with a full kitchenette and complimentary detergent, so we got to cook during our stay. I liked that the furnishing was simple and modern.

Location was great as well. There was a bus stop directly outside the apartments that had buses going to Sea World, Movie World and Dream World. The place is just 4 stops away from the central area where you can find Woolsworth, souvenir shops, a strings of eateries and a shopping mall. It's also about 10 minutes' walk from the beach. Me and my friend enjoy walking so we usually walk back to our apartment after shopping for groceries at Woolsworth, which took us about 20 mins or so at a leisurely pace. The apartment was easily accessible, yet distant enough to avoid the noise during Friday nights. We went during the winter so it wasn't very crowded, but I bet the location would be great for avoiding rowdy crowds and buzz during summer vacation.

The amenities are great and the people are nice too. Plus the view from our window was fantastic. The only downside for me would be the bed, which I found to be a bit harder than what I'm used to, so it took a while for me to adjust. Apart from that, the place was awesome. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere convenient, well furnished and quiet.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Marrakesh apartment for the first time. It was more than we could expect. Very reasonable priced with a breakfast voucher included. Very clean, extremely quiet, (booked out) sooo caring staff and an all round excellent experience. The restaurant had excellent food at breakfast and optional dinner with every day specials. Never over priced and a hub to meet your fellow hotel mates. Want to have an excellent Surfers stay? This is the place to go. Will go there again. Thanks to all the staff at the Marrakesh. Andrea and Gerold

Room Tip: Agoda was our choice of booking. Hotel chose room for us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrea m
Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and have stayed at least 6 times before so you can tell how much we love the place. Beautifully presented property very clean great apartments everything you could want. There is a bus stop outside but very easy walking distance to Surfers main beach and also Broadbeach. The restaurant has great food and the fluffy ducks cocktails are also very nice. The indoor and outdoor pools are brilliant. The ocean view rooms are very special with the look over the gardens. Also we think it is great value for money to have all these facility's. The roof top patio is awesome it has 360 degrees views. The staff are fantastic and we look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynne m
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely clean apartment. Great having cooking, washing machine and clothes dryer facilities in room.
Downside was having to buy internet time.
The indoor pool and spa I loved, but our last 2-3 days this area was closed. We still had an outside pool and spa which was fine.
Rooms are only serviced every 8 days, but shops are not that far away.to get necessities.
We walked to Cavill Mall most days as had friends there, a great walk along the beach,
A stunning part of the world

Room Tip: Above 4th floor for a view of the sra
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed at the Marrakesh twice and both times I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Apartments are comfy and clean with nice beds, an adequate kitchenette and other facilities you may need (washing machine, ironing board and cutlery). The bus stop to and from the airport and most of the theme parks is right outside the front gate, a ten minute walk to Broadbeach with lovely bars and restaurants and a 15 minute walk to Surfers Paradise. Pool is beautiful and there’s also some BBQs by the pool and on the roof top. A short walk to the beach. Couldn’t ask for much more from an apartment/location!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This is the third time in a year I've stayed a few nights at the beautiful Marrakesh Resort, and I keep coming back because I know it has everything I want in a resort.

1. It's pretty quiet and generally I don't hear other guests at all, apart from some occasional noise through the ceiling from apartments above, but I find this happens in most of the places I've stayed.

2. It's always clean and pretty comfortable. The couches aren't perfect, and could do with something that would stop the cushions sliding out, but they do the job.

3. It's fully self-contained, so I can cook, clean up, and even do a load of washing all from my apartment. They also generously provide one pack of dishwashing powder, dishwashing liquid, and laundry liquid. So, if you are only staying a few nights, this is often enough to get by. If not, I'd bring some of these with you. I also find the dishwashers, washing machines, etc... are modern and work well.

4. Location and facilities are top notch
It's within short walking distance of one of the world's greatest beaches, so a swim at a patrolled beach is always an option.
The pool and spa are amazing, and make relaxing easy!
The restaurant is fantastic, with many specials through the week. The staff at the restaurant are also brilliant, very friendly, helpful, and professional.
The only suggestion I'd make is to remove the plastic sheeting around the restaurant so the pool view could be enjoyed, and maybe lose the Michael Bolton from the music rotation : )

5. Beautiful views of the Surfer's Paradise skyline are available from all the units I've stayed in. Last time I had a pool view apartment, and this was pretty cool. This time I was at the very front of the building and if possible I'd say avoid these as the noise from regular buses was annoying. It was still a very pleasant stay though!

6. Reception staff are always helpful, polite, and professional, though note they shut up at 4:30pm! I arrived at 4:35pm on check in day, but the phone service was able to help me out, so there was no problem accessing my apartment.

All in all, a great place to stay, for a great price! I'll be back!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo