i stayed at magic mountain for my schoolies.
it was awful, no airconditioning ( well there was, however getting a remote which was asked for 7 times on our stay was far too difficult and we never received it!!!), dryer didnt work, no glasses to drink from, false advertisements left in their information brochures ( thi ended up costing us more money, the resort accepted no responsibility for anything!), no washing line. to sum it up, there was something wrong with everything!
management were slow....VERY SLOW, (i have an investment property so i understand basicly how things work in this environment) and theirways of doing things were awful. the frustration i endured made shoolies a memorable experience for all the wrong reasons!
management although slow, were even less helpful, the girls behind the desk had no idea which way was up, my group knew more and we were on holidays, none of us were from qld?!? there manners were also horrible!
too far from town, but thats another false advertising story which i could go on for years!
because this was a resort, management whent home at 5, so if there was a problem, you had to wait untill 9 the next morning, or whenever they felt like it really?! there was however a number you could call the lady i spoke to was very helpful, however not helpfull enough to change my views of magic mountain. i am debating the issue of asking for some kind of compensation for my troubles because the entire resort just made the 7 days unnessessarily difficult. the facilities look amazing on the outside, and the rooms have potential, however, a large ammount of money, time and care needs to be implemented to the tasks. having visited a few other rooms however, they were ALL better than ours on looks and quality, and the groups payed LESS than our $4000. plus our $1000 bond! please tell me of any other issues you have had as i could list some more...
-soap holder glued and feel off
-showerhead duck tapped on
- no dryer
- air con (lack of!)
- curtains didnt open
- no washing line
- lights didnt switch on
- fire alarm ( flat, beeped, left 2 days to fix)
im not adding photos..they are awful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magic Mountain is a family resort with spacious 2 and 3 bedroom self contained apartments. The 3 outdoor pools (lagoon pool with a sandy beach on each end, heated rock pool and infinity pool with adjoining spa at the top of the complex) cater for everyone. The tropical garden with waterfalls complete the setting for a very enjoyable holiday. The complex is within short walking distance to some of the famous restaurants and coffee shops in Nobby Beach. Situated on the Gold Coast Highway with public transport to the major shopping centers and theme parks a short stroll away. The refurbish gym can keep any fitness freaks busy for a while and the few steps in the complex will definitely be an inspiration to all couch potatoes. The stunning views around the pools and awesome ocean and hinter land views from the infinity pool create that perfect backdrop for to capture some photographic keepsakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Magic Mountain Resort Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Mountain Resort Gold Coast Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Magic Mountain Hotel Gold Coast
- Magic Mountain Surfers Paradise
- Magic Mountain Resort Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia