“VALUE FOR MONEY AND FREINDLY STAFF”

St. Tropez Apartments
Perth, Australia
“VALUE FOR MONEY AND FREINDLY STAFF”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed at St Tropez for 6 nights and this resort represents value for money. Although a bit dated our apartment was clean tidy and the beds were super comfortable. We were a bit worried about staying on the heart of surfers due to noise and trouble but were given an apartment at the rear of the property and yes there was a lilttle noise on weekend nights but really it didnt keep us awake or disturb us. We flew in at 7 in the morning and altough check in wasnt til 2 amanda was more than happy to allow us to go up to the apartment early. REALLY SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH OF THE DAY WERE WE THERE ANYWAY! I would rather use my money on sight seeing and treats than pay thousands to stay in a flashy resort when our apartment was practical, clean and the surrounds (pool etc) were awesome. WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN FOR SURE. THANK YOU ST TROPEZ

Room Tip: As for a room away from the front and with air con.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gibbod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

From reading the bad reviews after booking this hotel, i regretted it but when we arrived at the hotel all my worries and regret changed! The staffs are friendly and helpful from the time we checked in and out. The rooms we stayed in were updated and modern. With the price being cheap and reasonable compare to other hotels in the area, you get more than you pay for with large spacious rooms, kitchen and laundry added as a bonus. The hotel is located in the central district of surfers paradise which we had no problem of hearing any noise. I would recommend this hotel to everyone (family, friends, couples and etc.).

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank dieu_nguyen
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Well, I was hesitant because of the negative reviews on here, and my experience in staying in other "budget" GC accommodation and having awful experiences.

Well, this place is amazing. From phoning reception pre booking to leaving, I enjoyed every minute. And I booked more nights than I originally booked once we got there. As many as I could. Didn't want to leave.

The big difference here is the place is smaller than the mega-resorts, so the service is wonderful and very personal, the pool is never crowded, the facilities are easy to use and the gardens and areas are kept very clean. This was the first time I actually jumped in a resort pool (because (a) it was clean and (b) it was not busy).

The rooms are massive, the furniture is massive, the bed was new and clean and the bathroom all good. The kitchen had an old stove and old fridge, but they were super clean and it didn't stop me from using them at all. Far from it. They worked. No problem.

Service was just amazing. I asked for an extra casserole dish and a large frypan (we cook a lot) and they were instantly provided. No problem at all. I met 3 staff and they were all amazingly helpful.

The position is central. If you don't know Surfers, this is right in the middle of the nightclub strip. That means fun. It's just amazing to be right in the heart of it all and never have to drive a car. The nightclubs are all very harmless - there is a full police station next door. The hotel is at one end of the strip and is relatively quiet. We didn't hear anything much. The rooms are all made of thick concrete. We heard the ocean and the waves more than the nightclubs (really). I'm not a nightclub person, but there is a lot of fun being in a busy, bustling area full of young people having a lot of harmless fun. It made the holiday fun. I have never stayed so close to anything like that before (I didn't think I would like it) but it was great. You only notice the clubs late at night on the weekends anyway.

The garden and common areas are clean and beautiful. They look great at night. Our balcony just looked over lots of palm trees, full of birds. At night everything is lit up very nicely.

The only problem is the stairs. There are not many at all, but if you are dragging one big heavy suitcase from the carpark basement, it might be easier to take up 2 lighter and smaller cases.

This is the only place I will come back to now. I can afford to stay at others, but this one is just so much better. Much less crowded, much better service and much more "liveable" rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RileyJ89
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband & I stayed at St. Tropez for a weekend, 2 nights to party & experience Surfers Paradise. St Tropez is located right in the middle of it all, so perfect location !

From looking at the front, reception & pool are the hotel looks like a budget hotel although when we went into our room – it was perfect ! It had just been renovated, new paint, new furniture and the decor was great very modern and comfortable!
The pool area didnt look too inviting as it was quite small & the spa was empty as well !

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, self equipped which helped heaps as we brought our own wine, food etc !! There was a comfortable double bed in the bedroom, big dining table & very big flat screen TV with great signal!! The apartment had a balcony with small outdoor table & 2 chairs which overlooked the pool and had a great view of the buildings around the hotel – looked great at night !

The receptionist was friendly and helpful ! We really enjoyed the room we stayed in & the location of the hotel ! We will definitely stay here again !

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, as the receptionist for a room at the back of the hotel :)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amor_vida
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My daughter and I spent two nights and three days at this resort, I found it to be a wonderful experience from time of booking right through to our departure, at all times I felt safe and secure in the resort and it was a great priced holiday as a single parent both these things are an important factor. The staff were friendly and more than willing to assist me with a few last minute changes, including accomadating my need for an extra car park on the first night & allowing me to leave my car in the car park on the last day so I could take my daughter to one of the attractions we had booked. My room was clean and spacious with modern furniture and the bed was very comfortable, the apartment I was in was at the back of the resort and while my windows were open I could here some street noise, but as soon as I closed my windows the noise was minimal I will definetly be booking at this resort again, for the location, price and room quality was all in my opinion. UNBEATABLE!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shae M
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed at the St Tropez apartments for 2 nights around 2 weeks ago now and I think its such a perfect place to stay in the heart of Surfers Paradise. I read a review where they couldn't sleep and I thought it would be like that but it wasn't-I think maybe you have to be on the right side. We were on the ground floor with the pool right opposite, probably on the other 'quieter' side furthest away from the road. Its absolutely central-perfect for if you haven't got a car. When we walked into the apartments I just felt at home and wanted to stay for longer. Clean, spacious, just couldn't really want a lot more for an apartment really. The man and lady who run it were so lovely, they couldn't be helpful enough! About the area, bus locations, internet use, maps, everything. They even tried to move a few bookings around on the basis that we 'might' stay for another night. So as I said, very helpful. The pool area looked lovely-too bad we couldnt sample it as we weren't there for long enough! I don't know what else to say about it but I would definately recommend staying there :) I read the other reviews-I have to say I am quite fussy but I saw nothing wrong or bad or anything that I disliked, I'd say good value for money overall!

Room Tip: I think our room no was 208 or something?? Ground floor, on corner (I think) on the other side oppos...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The lady at the desk made my friend, partner and I feel very welcome as soon as we came through the doors. Our apartment was really nice and very spacious for the three of us. Any problems or questions we had were solved. Loved being so close to everything, that was a huge plus for us. Thank you so much :)

• Stayed September 2012
#60 of 122 in Surfers Paradise
Chateau Beachside
Chateau Beachside
#13 of 122 in Surfers Paradise

Been to St. Tropez Apartments? Share your experiences!