2,838 results
All reviews thai restaurant pirate ship pool kiosk kids pool bedroom apartment family holiday great family heated indoor pool the gold coast great facilities great pool games room down stairs reception staff bit dated tram stop main bedroom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Mum, dad and two boys 5 and 6.
Purchased this stay through Wotif mystery deal (never again), when I was informed of the hotel and went straight to trip advisor - reviews highlighted the aged decor[e] and dirty conditions.
Upon arrival the foyer looked fantastic - like all other places they like to get first impressions right - and this basically where it ended.
Entering the room we were confronted with a room that was definately not 4.5 stars, 3.5 at best. Carpets were visibily filthy, candy wrappers under the sofas and in cupboards, uneaten chocolate easter eggs under the beds. Coffee and food stains on the kitchen benches. The sofa was of several colours (as per attached photo) - the sheer curtains had stains over them. The showers had mould all over them as well.
I contacted Wotif and complained about their definition within the booking site, they they just go off what the hotel is rated. The rep at Wotif contacted the hotel and was informed the manager would attend our room to view the issues. The manager just called via the telephone and gave no joy other than having a cleaning staff return to clean the room. They cleaned the main open areas and left the rest.
The manager - Darren - informed us the hotel was only rated 4 star; contrary to their own website and Wotif which highlighted it as 4.5 stars. He also advised us we were lucky to get this room as it had a Mantra refurnishment recently and the other rooms were not nearly as nice [I would have hated to stay in those rooms].
The bed was very firm - but we love a firm matteress. The road noise was very loud by night - all night, numerous sirens and the road noise increased when the roadway was wet.
We did not hear any other noises from hotel guests but I do not think there was many guests anyway.
The pool was impressive, but a bit cool during our stay. We could not fault the rest of the complex, but the room was below average. It was close to everything 5 minute walk to Cavill Ave. 1 minute to the beach. The Thai restuarant in the complex was sensational - a little $$$$, but the food was fantastic - they do have takeaway not room service -and if you wish to dine in, book. (We got there early 5.30pm without a booking and they just asked us to be finished before 7.30pm) No alternative's for kids who don't like Thai food.
TV channels limited, basic channels only. No WIFI. No DVD player, I had a potable DVD player however was unable to connect it the main TV - and if you are asking - yes we need a DVD player to give us parents a bit of a break. A stereo I found when we were leaving hidden in a kitchen cupboard.

I would not recommend this hotel to friends.

1  Thank Bomshanka
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at Crown Towers Resort. We are disappointed to read that your stay did not meet expectations. All of our rooms are strata titled which mean that every room is owned by a different owner and the furniture and bedding belongs to them which does vary between each unit. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to the appropriate people to ensure we overcome these short falls moving forward. On a positive note it was pleasing to hear that your family did enjoy the facilities through out and the position in which our resort is located.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We just got back from a three night stay at the Mantra Crown Towers Resort Surfers Paradise. We booked a 3bedroom apartment for our family of 5 through Discover Queensland. I must say that after we had booked I was pretty worried when I read reviews on Tripadvisor. My main concern was turning up and finding an apartment that was outdated and with no air-conditioning. To allay my fears I rang the hotel directly and spoke to the reservations department. I spoke with a very nice woman who advised that yes you did need to request aircon. Whilst I had her on the phone I expressed my concern about getting a refurbished room also. I must say that whilst she did not guarantee these request, she was very understanding of my concerns. I also put a call into Discovery Qld with these requests. I am not sure who did what but when we turned up and opened our apartment door we were blown away! Our apartment on the 12 floor was extremely spacious, clean and well furnished. Whilst kitchen and bathrooms were probably original the carpets, bedrooms furnishing etc were all modern. The balcony was like what you would expect from a penthouse...two dining entertaining areas and beautiful views ( these size balconies are unique to level 12 ) The beds were a little on the firm side but apart from that we were pretty impressed. Our kids 14, 12 and 3 all enjoyed the pool areas ( it was great having a heated indoor pool). The Thai restuarant was nice and the resort is well located. We found the staff very friendly. We would definately would rebook ...especially if we could guarantee getting that same room again!

Room tip: Definately put your requests directly with the hotel!
2  Thank Julie M

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay with us at Crown Towers Resort. We pride ourselves on our spacious apartments and fantastic facilities and I am pleased that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay. No doubt the team will be thrilled to read your comments and I will ensure the appropriate team members are recognised. Again many thanks for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Towers Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at Crown Towers Resort two adults and two children, 5 year old and a teenager.
The location was great, walking distance to everything you need & to the main shops and the beach.
The pools were amazing, the heated indoor pool & spa was a bonus to the massive outdoor fresh lagoon pool and the kid’s pool had a pirate ship and waterslide this was my son’s favourite place to be.
I booked the room with a private owner called Barry from Stayz and it was modern clean and had all Foxtell channels, nice room with kitchen, laundry and nice bathrooms. We were very happy and impressed the resort itself is lovely and modern and friendly & the staff do not hassle you.
We have stayed at many other places on the gold coast and this place was our favourite.
It was private and quite yet right near the action opposite the adrenalin park and close to the mini golf place and shops and one block from the surf beach with Lifesaving swim flags. We went to Dreamworld and the bus stops right near the resort it is very convenient location.
The Thai restaurant was divine the food was lovely that is must.
I am happy to say next time my family return to the gold coast I know I will be staying at Crown Towers Resort we loved it and the pool was the best pool.
Wish the outdoor lagoon pool was a little warmer but in the hot summer months it would be perfect”

Room tip: Book Privately owned room if you can
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thankyou for sharing details on your experience at Crown Towers, it was great to read that your family had a fantastic stay at our resort. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom appartment on the 23rd floor Easter long week-end 2012. Was very disappointed with the room, hasn't been updated since the early 90's by the looks of it, non smoking room with burn holes in the dining room chairs. Doesn't even have digital television which was VERY disappointing, the reception on both TVs were discusting. Apart from that the children absolutely loved the pool facilities, the service was brilliant & the coffee shop downstairs serves up a sensational coffee & bacon & egg breakie!!

1  Thank KerriW285
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate all types of feedback to better service our guests. As Crown Towers is strata titled, all apartments vary with regards to style and decor however we are in the process of updating TV’s in all our apartments. I am glad to hear your family enjoyed the pool facilities along with breakfast at Flux Cafe. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Sadly the staff are so rude here they ruined our stay. We had an incorrect charge on our account which we accidently paid. When I called up about it later I was yelled at by both the reception staff and then the front desk manager. I was spoken over the top of and VERY aggressively told I was wrong. I was very polite and I certainly didn't like being spoken to like that.
The rooms are ok, outdated and a bit grubby - poorly patched holes in the walls and stained furniture and carpets. The pool is great for kids and location close to the beach.

3  Thank ArchR
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry if you felt our staff were rude in responding to your dispute of the charge for the cot. Our records show the cot was requested prior to arrival via an email direct to the resort from your brother and this was placed in the room for your arrival. Upon checkout of the hotel, the charge was explained to your brother by our front desk staff to which he had paid. If the cot was not required in your room upon arrival, our staff would have been more than happy to remove this from the room and remove the charge from your account. Once again we apologise if you felt our staff were rude in explaining the charge applicable for the cot ordered to you.