“Family Friendly Hotel/Apartments”

Mantra Crown Towers
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and we absolutely loved staying at the Mantra Crown Towers. The kids loved swimming in the outdoor and indoor pools. The staff were very friendly and accommodated our needs. I will definitely recommend this hotel for families. Thanks again Mantra Crown Towers for making our holiday very memorable :)

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank charliecaraballo
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
It's nice to read that you found our property well suited for a family visit, our heated outdoor kids pool is always very popular.
I will share your comments with the team!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my uni friends, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities were amazing. The room was in good condition, the only problem I had was with the main door as it was hard to close and had to extra time to make sure it was locked. You do get great fantastic views of Surfers Paradise. In terms of location, the hotel is closer to the beach (about 5 mins walk) but is pretty far from the shops (about 10-15 mins walk approx). But overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and will recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room with the city view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review your stay with us.
It was nice to read that the staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were amazing.
We hope to welcome you back for a future stay

Reviewed 29 January 2014

we have stayed here numerous times before, this time we noticed they have upgraded the grounds, they now have a fantastic BBQ area as well as a new heated outdoor spa I still believe they have the best pool on the gold coast, our appartment was very modern and clean will definately be returning next year

Room Tip: I love the rooms over looking the pool
2  Thank idaho3076
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,
It's lovely to read you enjoyed your time with us.
The new outdoor spa is large / heated and a nice place to relax. The BBQ is a nice addition to our property.
We look forard to your next visit - don't hesitate to get in touch with me when you woudl like to make your next reservation
Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Only stayed here because there was a group of us down the Coast for a birthday celebration. Not my sort of hotel at all and I was definitely not happy with having to book and pay for two nights even though I only wanted to stay just the Friday night. I had thought that maybe I could make a weekend of it but unfortunately I hated the hotel so much that, even though I had paid for two nights, I didn't stay the second night.

The reception staff are cheerful and efficient so that did make a difference and there is plenty of parking, which is also good. However, rooms in the "Atrium" section are definitely to be avoided. Was first put into Room 906 - not a particularly nice room at all. Very 90's style and dated but it did have tiny glimpses of ocean. However, the first thing I had to do was get the air conditioning on - it was so stuffy and smelly in the room. Put the air con on - OMG. It sounded like a load of jackhammers in the roof. In fact when i went down to reception to complain, as I stood by the lifts way over the other side of the hotel, I could hear the noise from my air conditioner. Cut a long story short, they couldn't fix it so I had to move rooms to a floor below (801) which I was not happy about on all counts - floor lower, right near the lifts and on opposite side with only a view of a car park.

The second room was just as outdated but was dismayed when I walked in as there was a cot and a foldaway bed in the lounge room!! The hotel person who was helping me move was most apologetic but I was in a hurry and now, due to all the hassles, was running very late for dinner so I told him not to worry, just get rid of the cot.

The air con in the second room wasn't exactly quiet and didn't seem to ever get very cold. The bed was absolutely horrible and I got hardly any sleep.

All in all - it looks like if you are lucky enough to have rooms higher up in the other section of the hotel then you might enjoy your stay. If you are here with a family that likes the pool, then you would definitely enjoy it here as it appears they have several pools and things for the kids. But for me, a definite thumbs down. Was just not worth the money I paid, not when there are so many other choices of hotel around Surfers and at much better rates.

Room Tip: Try to get in the section that is labelled as "floors 12 and above". Higher floors appear...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrisCaz

Dear Briscaz,
Thanks you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I have shared your comments with our team and sorry to read you stay was not enjoyable as we would like it to be.
The views are spectacular from our property, the majority of our 2 and all our 3 bedroom apartments are located in the tower you mention (12th floor and avove).
We would of course would always do our best with floor requests - if you do return, please just note this at the time of reservation.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mantra. We stayed in room 307 and whilst it was very dated and not the cleanest room, it was very comfortable. The room could have done with some more information about the surrounding area and services, we desperately needed a chemist and groceries but could not find info.
When my family set eyes on the pool, the room became irrelevant. The pool area is fantastic and is open late to maximise the time you spend there. The people in the cafe's were very friendly and went beyond the call of duty to assist us. The location is perfect and the pools are a absolute treat.
If I had read the reviews prior to coming to stay, I would have changed our booking to stay somewhere else. I am glad we stayed, our stay was great. It seems a shame that the accommodation facilities are inconsistent. I would stay again if we had a stay like the one we just had.
We have recommended the Mantra Crown to all of our friends, so I am now a bit nervous that they will not have the same stay we did. Perhaps if the rooms are being charged out at a set rate some form of set room standards should be implemented.

1  Thank Michele J
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I am getting a bit worried about what we might find after reading some reviews when we go to the hotel next week. The pools do look amazing but we have a 3 year old and we really hope that we get a decent room.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Mantra Crown Towers at least 4 times in the last 18 months. Each time our rooms have gotten worse but are still at a decent standard We usually book through Wotif and have always been above the 13 th floor. Last booking at the beginning of the year I booked through the Mantra reservations and was allocated a room on the 12th or 11th floor. Already being disappointed at being so low we didn't hold much expectations for the room. And oh my god it was disgusting. We found rubbish, the tv was smaller than my computer screen at home. The walls were filthyand I don't know the last time the carpets were cleaned (not great with a six month old trying to crawl), the air conditioning leaked down the wall, you could see where shelves had been pulled off the wall, Christmas rubbish in the cupboard, old outdated furniture and appliances and the list goes on and on. You couldn't even call it one star. My husband went down and complained and let them know we had stayed before and this apartment was way under par. We were told we would have to stay in there that night as the manager wouldn't be back until the next morning. We decided to give them til 9 am the next morning to call and find us another room. At 830 they rang and said they had another apartment to look at, my husband went up and looked and here is what he found.
High up on level 35 the room was clean, the appliances worked the room was beautiful. 2 bed 2 bath with more room than you could ever need. We packed and moved as soon as the room was ready. The manager Tammy we spoke with was very very helpful and was very apologetic about the first room.
I have read through a lot of the reviews on trip advisor and would seem the rooms are like a lotto draw. I know Mantra Group are not the ones who decorate the rooms etc as they are individually owned. But I do think that there needs to be a major upgrade to some of these rooms and they should all meet the 4 and a half star standard.
My family and I were extremely happy with the 2nd room we stayed in but would not wish the firs one on our worst enemy. We used the pool, the restaurant and beachside cafe which were all above standard. It's a quick walk to the beach and the other beautiful restaurants in caville ave. we love hurricanes!
My family and I will stay again. But it's time someone got onto the owners and made the rooms up to the Mantra standard that a lot of people know and love.
Thanks again to Tammy Lynch who helped make our stay so unbelievable we didn't want to leave the apartment and come home. If it wasn't for her and we were made to stay in the original apartment it would have been a 1 star review

Room Tip: Call crown towers direct, ask for specifics - updated, ocean view above 13 th floor
1  Thank Tory79
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Tony,
I have passed your comments through to Tammy and the Team, they are always delighted to read their service provided you with a nice experience.
I will review the initial apartment and engage to have any areas that fall short addressed.
I am sincerely glad to read you settled in and enjoyed your time with us her on the 'Coast'.
Regards