“Friendly staff & great facilities”

Mantra Crown Towers
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 days, 3 nights. Staff were great and very helpful. We arrived 3 hours earlier than check-in time and our rooms were already ready for us to use, we even got upgraded to ocean view apartments. Clean rooms, comfy beds. Kitchen was very useful, had everything we needed. The pool/spa facilities were great. Easy and secure access all over the vicinity. I would definitely stay here again and will not hesitate to recommend it to other people, whether it be for a family vacation or a getaway with friends. Had a very enjoyable time staying here :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Kirsten,
Thank you for your kind comments.
It is wonderful to read that you would recommend our property to other people, whether it be for a family vacation or a getaway with friends.
Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if your future plans see you return to the Coast. We would like to welcome you back!
Darren

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for the first week of February this year in a three bedroom apartment. The room was beautiful with amazing ocean views and the facilities of the hotel were fantastic. The kids loved the pools and we had trouble getting them out of there each day.

The staff were always very friendly and we will definitely be returning again. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Mantra Crown Towers.
It's indeed wonderful to read that you found the facilities at our resort fantastic, I will share your comments with our team.
The Pirate Ship and slide is always very popular.
We hope you choose to visit us again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and we absolutely loved staying at the Mantra Crown Towers. The kids loved swimming in the outdoor and indoor pools. The staff were very friendly and accommodated our needs. I will definitely recommend this hotel for families. Thanks again Mantra Crown Towers for making our holiday very memorable :)

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank charliecaraballo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
It's nice to read that you found our property well suited for a family visit, our heated outdoor kids pool is always very popular.
I will share your comments with the team!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my uni friends, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities were amazing. The room was in good condition, the only problem I had was with the main door as it was hard to close and had to extra time to make sure it was locked. You do get great fantastic views of Surfers Paradise. In terms of location, the hotel is closer to the beach (about 5 mins walk) but is pretty far from the shops (about 10-15 mins walk approx). But overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and will recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room with the city view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review your stay with us.
It was nice to read that the staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were amazing.
We hope to welcome you back for a future stay

Reviewed 29 January 2014

we have stayed here numerous times before, this time we noticed they have upgraded the grounds, they now have a fantastic BBQ area as well as a new heated outdoor spa I still believe they have the best pool on the gold coast, our appartment was very modern and clean will definately be returning next year

Room Tip: I love the rooms over looking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank idaho3076
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,
It's lovely to read you enjoyed your time with us.
The new outdoor spa is large / heated and a nice place to relax. The BBQ is a nice addition to our property.
We look forard to your next visit - don't hesitate to get in touch with me when you woudl like to make your next reservation
Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Only stayed here because there was a group of us down the Coast for a birthday celebration. Not my sort of hotel at all and I was definitely not happy with having to book and pay for two nights even though I only wanted to stay just the Friday night. I had thought that maybe I could make a weekend of it but unfortunately I hated the hotel so much that, even though I had paid for two nights, I didn't stay the second night.

The reception staff are cheerful and efficient so that did make a difference and there is plenty of parking, which is also good. However, rooms in the "Atrium" section are definitely to be avoided. Was first put into Room 906 - not a particularly nice room at all. Very 90's style and dated but it did have tiny glimpses of ocean. However, the first thing I had to do was get the air conditioning on - it was so stuffy and smelly in the room. Put the air con on - OMG. It sounded like a load of jackhammers in the roof. In fact when i went down to reception to complain, as I stood by the lifts way over the other side of the hotel, I could hear the noise from my air conditioner. Cut a long story short, they couldn't fix it so I had to move rooms to a floor below (801) which I was not happy about on all counts - floor lower, right near the lifts and on opposite side with only a view of a car park.

The second room was just as outdated but was dismayed when I walked in as there was a cot and a foldaway bed in the lounge room!! The hotel person who was helping me move was most apologetic but I was in a hurry and now, due to all the hassles, was running very late for dinner so I told him not to worry, just get rid of the cot.

The air con in the second room wasn't exactly quiet and didn't seem to ever get very cold. The bed was absolutely horrible and I got hardly any sleep.

All in all - it looks like if you are lucky enough to have rooms higher up in the other section of the hotel then you might enjoy your stay. If you are here with a family that likes the pool, then you would definitely enjoy it here as it appears they have several pools and things for the kids. But for me, a definite thumbs down. Was just not worth the money I paid, not when there are so many other choices of hotel around Surfers and at much better rates.

Room Tip: Try to get in the section that is labelled as "floors 12 and above". Higher floors appear...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrisCaz

Dear Briscaz,
Thanks you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I have shared your comments with our team and sorry to read you stay was not enjoyable as we would like it to be.
The views are spectacular from our property, the majority of our 2 and all our 3 bedroom apartments are located in the tower you mention (12th floor and avove).
We would of course would always do our best with floor requests - if you do return, please just note this at the time of reservation.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Mantra. We stayed in room 307 and whilst it was very dated and not the cleanest room, it was very comfortable. The room could have done with some more information about the surrounding area and services, we desperately needed a chemist and groceries but could not find info.
When my family set eyes on the pool, the room became irrelevant. The pool area is fantastic and is open late to maximise the time you spend there. The people in the cafe's were very friendly and went beyond the call of duty to assist us. The location is perfect and the pools are a absolute treat.
If I had read the reviews prior to coming to stay, I would have changed our booking to stay somewhere else. I am glad we stayed, our stay was great. It seems a shame that the accommodation facilities are inconsistent. I would stay again if we had a stay like the one we just had.
We have recommended the Mantra Crown to all of our friends, so I am now a bit nervous that they will not have the same stay we did. Perhaps if the rooms are being charged out at a set rate some form of set room standards should be implemented.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family