“Crown Mantra Tower”

Mantra Crown Towers
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Excellent place to stay with kids in Surfers Paradise. Close to beach, centre of Surfers and all the fun parks.
Great staff! Chiang Mai in house restaurant is brilliant. Underground parking. Good security. Great gym, pool and sauna! Fantastic views. Second time we stayed there and we will go back again.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take ocean view aspect! Hinterland views are good too, but ocean view is unbeatable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rainer H
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Rainer,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
The Chang Mai restaurant is indeed one of a kind, it's elephant chairs and theming is a real hit. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit
Kind regards
Darren

Write a ReviewReviews (2,409)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Myself and 3 girlfriends headed to Gold Coast for a long weekend. This hotel not only was very clean, the self contained room we stayed in was huge, and the customer service was flawless. The location was great: only a couple of hundred meters to the beach, 5-10 min walk to the main drag and supermarkets, and a bus stop right out the front for both the theme parks and the airport.
When I visit the Gold Coast again I won't be wasting anytime looking for accommodation - I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pejie,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Our loication is indeed perfect, close to the beach and the wonderful shopping that Surfers Paradise has to offer
We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 25 March 2014

so we stayed in one of the 1 bedroom ocean view apartment last weekend and had the best time!
The staff at reception are polite and friendly,
The unit itself was great, nice views, spacious and nice furnishings, airconditioned throughout, extra TV in the bedroom. And spotless! their housekeepers do a great job
Lagoon pool, indoor heated pool and facilities were all great for a young family
We had dinner one evening at the thai restaurant onsite and had a great inexpensive meal
no complaints at all, we had the best time and a very relaxing weekend
highly recommended!!
thankyou crown towers :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Jamie M
It is very nice to read your comments.
I will share your positive feedback with the team, they are always happy to read that their service standards were high and contributed to a great stay.
We hope to welcome you back for a future visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights. Gotta give it to them that the outdoor pool and spa are unbelievably beautiful. Their lobby area also with the water features are nice. Also, gotta give it to their reception staff, they're upbeat happy and helpful. Well done girls! While first impressions are important, it is a shame that the rooms don't live up to this. Without a doubt if this place renovated their rooms and kicked their housekeepers up the butt, it'd be the best place! Rooms are tired, mixing old with the new is tacky. Nice views... Housekeeping is their biggest downfall. Show pillows with sweat and blood stains, mould around the shower screen, squashed mosquito on the wall. I don't see how they get away with show pillows, it was absolutely disgusting! Air conditioning is clunky and cannot use it at night as it sounds like a jack hammer. Bench tops cracked and damaged. Overall would I stay here again? Yes but only because of the pool. And I'd expect the cleaning to be improved. Sad to see such potential being damaged by the rooms, fix them and up goes your trip advisor ratings.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alex A
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Alex A,
Thank you for your feedback regarding you stay with us,
Indeed the pool and facilities are a stand out, there are many wonderful facilities to enjoy all year round at your feet once' in house'.
Regarding the shortfalls you note, I have followed up with our housekeeping manager regarding the areas of need.
We do hoppe you choose to return for a future stay and I would be pleased to have the opportunity to personally look after your reservation.
i can be contacted at the resort on 07 5555 9999
Sincerely

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Ticks the boxes!

We stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend on a short break away, and had a fantastic time! I wish I had of got the name of the lady that checked us in (room 2904), she was a highlight. Super friendly, and accommodating to any of my questions.

We requested a 'highest room possible' and were delighted to see this was taken into consideration, given it's not always the case. 29 floors high - what a view!

The location is second to none - close enough for a short stroll, but not too close you're hearing all of the shenanigans of a night time.

For $280 a night for a SPACIOUS 2 bedroom ocean view apartment - great value!

The Thai restaurant was a disappointment. My husband got the tamarind duck, I chose the tamarind bugs - both were battered with a super (sickly?) sweet coating in a sweet & sour sauce - far too overpowering and sweet for either of us. I asked for a side of chilli sauce & received a small bowl of freshly chopped chilli. :/

Additionally, the foyer area (on level 29 at least) had a 'stench' about it.. 3 days in and we couldn't be sure of the smell, but it wasn't overly pleasant... Needless to say the rooms didn't smell nor did reception so that was a bonus.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank NicoleR_83

Thank you for reviewing your time at Mantra Crown Towers,
I have passed your comments through to the Team who will appreciate your comments regarding the service standards you experienced.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit, and maybe another dish this time at the Chang Mai Thai which we usually receive raving reviews for.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We are a family of 5 and stayed here for 8 nights Mid February 2014, if I had not pre-paid for the accommodation I would have packed up and left after seeing the 1st apartment we were offered.
The apartments are very old and outdated, the only thing it had going for it was the ocean view, these apartments are in desperate need of refurbishment. The floor levels where the lifts are located, are extremely smelly, the smell could only be described that off a "wet dog"
I complained to reception after we had time to look around the 1st apartment we had been given, it was not very clean at all, all of the fittings and furniture were dirty and very grotty, the receptionist offered to have the apartment cleaned again, but I explained to them that no amount of cleaning was going to improve the apartment. I asked to me moved, at first I was told they were fully booked and this may not be possible, I did not accept this, and made it clear that I was not happy and wanted to me moved. After around 1/2hr reception called and showed my family another 2 apartments, the 1st on floor 14 , still in desperate need of refurbishment another downfall was it was extremely hot, and only had one aircon in the main living area. The 2nd apartment (being the one which we moved to), was on the 28th floor, with hinterland views, this appeared to be neater and cleaner, but unfortunately still was not upto my standard. The fridge and dishwasher looked like they were off Noah's arc. ALL of the fittings and furniture could do with replacing. All the tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen area's, were all chipped and cracked. The kitchen utensils were not the best, I had to request a chopping board from reception. The dishwasher did not work very well at all, so all dishes were washed by hand. The blind in the kitchen, when rolled down was absolutely filthy, coated in food and cooking oils, I complained to reception and a cleaner was sent to clean the blind.
The bed in the master bedroom would have to be the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on, the mattress was in very poor condition, my husband was "rolled to one side" the sheets did not fit very well at all, and I had to completely re-make this bed every morning, by completing stripping the bed, and re-making, the bottom sheet was not a fitted one, it was a flat sheet and I feel it was the incorrect size. And may I add that this apartment, was a lot better and the 1st apartment we had been check into.!!!
The staff were very nice and could only try to do their best with apartments that were available.
I was extremely disappointed with the accommodation, top $ is being charged for sub-standard and acceptable accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Yvette062

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
On this occasion it appears we didn't meet the mark for you, I woudl like the opportunity to discuss your time with us in greater detail.
If you have the time please call me at the resort on 07 5555 9999.
Sincerely

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed in room 1902 for 7 nights in the middle of February. Car park facilities are great, undercover and secured. Once we got out from the elevator onto the 19th floor, there was a terrible musty damp smell and it never got better for the whole 8 days we were there. By the end of it we were blocking our noses before entering our floor. When we first walked in our room it looked amazing. The colours, furniture and views were fantastic, BUT...after about 15 minutes, we start to realise it was all just initial once overs. The carpet was a shag pile carpet which was worn and your feet felt dirty when walking bare foot, the paint job on the walls was done very poorly, looks like my 8 year old painted the room. The couches were lovely and modern but not comfortable. Cushions needed changing for comfort. The main bed was the main disaster. Husband slept on the couch for the entire trip as the bed was so old and uncomfortable. I even got bitten by bed bugs!!! The fold out bed that was ordered for my two year old had seen better days. I had to use 4 blankets to lay under the bed sheet as you could feel the springs on your back when lying on it. Bathrooms were nice and clean, very outdated though and our hot water tap was leaking. Lastly the kitchen is outdated and needs an urgent face lift. Paint was peeling from the cupboard doors and the draws that roll out on the dishwasher had broken wheels so I couldn't roll it out. Their pools are fantastic though, that is was saves their hotel! Gorgeous lagoon pool with a cave, beach like pool, great kids pool with pirate ship and loved the spas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary A
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response to your stay. Althhough it's wonderful to read that you enjoyed our facilities I am sorry your apartment did not meet your expectations. I would like to have the oportunity to discuss your time with us in more detail and can be contacted at the resort on 07 5555 9999 if you can spare the time. We have taken the note of being biten seriously and had the room professionally checked, the room was given the all clear I am happy to report.