“Cant recommend highly enough!!”

Chocolateria San Churro
Ranked #6 of 19 Dessert in Surfers Paradise
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The ambience in the place is great. So fun and comfortable and the decor is beautiful! The menu speaks for itself and the portions are huge. I go here regularly and am NEVER anything less than amazed and satisfied with the food
Customer service is not the best though - definitely need to sort that out but in all other areas... You just HAVE to experience this place!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The first time I saw a Chocolateria San Churro was in Brisbane south bank area. It was night time and we were heading to our hotel and exploring the area on foot in the process when we passed by Chocolateria San Churro, the little store was full of life and laughter, with every single table occupied even the ones on the pavement and you could tell it was the place to hang out and enjoy your time even thought it was late in Australian standards -almost 10 P.M.- and every other restaurant was either closing down or preparing to. We didn't have the chance to try it in Brisbane though but we made up for lost time by going there almost every single day of our stay in Gold Coast and though I arrived home weighing two extra kilos it was worth every morsel of joy consumed.

The ambience as you could tell is joyful and cheery, they have these seats that are benches right next to the big windows that open up, allowing people who dine inside quite a lot of fresh air and the feeling of being half in and half out of the restaurant. The window “bench” comes complete with squishy pillows to recline on and enjoy the fall breeze as you stuff your face with chocolate. There is a section with goodies they have as souvenirs or gifts to enjoy back home and you can have almost everything for takeaway and everything includes: fine chocolate, macarons, cakes, cookies, truffles, fine chocolate, drinking chocolate, coffee, chocolate fondue, ice cream, and of course churros!

our last time at San Churro, we knew it was time to order the “Chocolate & Churros Tapas” for two which comes with, well, a miniature fondue with strawberries and brownie pieces, truffles, chocolates, churros, and fried truffles! Everything was excellent though the fried truffles were too heavy for my 30-something stomach, if only I was 18 I'd be popping them like popcorn! I especially liked the churros, Thin and crunchy, with just a hint of a chew, and doused with cinnamon and sugar, just the way they are supposed to be, and when dipped in that luscious milk chocolate sauce you know you could spend an entire day doing nothing but dipping them crunchy churros!

Other excellent things on the menu include the Spanish latte which comes with condensed milk and the macarons which I've tried in salted caramel and cookies and cream. They also have the chocarons which are macarons dipped in chocolate and I've tried the raspberry and lemon which are both great. The hot chocolates are excellent but they are can be as heavy as chocolate soups so you can consider a cup of hot chocolate as a meal on its own. For our last day to say good bye we ordered the Chocolate & Churros tapas platter for two which is highly recommended especially if its your first time there and you are trying to makeup your mind on what to order

The service is excellent and friendly, the atmosphere is simply joyful and bubbly, the food is fantastic, and all in all, the place is awesome! It is one place you wouldn't want to miss in Australia and thankfully you can find it everywhere in Australia so if you happen to walk by do get in and enjoy your time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We were doing the touristy amble and came across this place. From start to finish it was fantastic. Hands down the best customer service I have experienced in Aussie - ever.

We were, primarily, looked after by Corbin. A very helpful, friendly guy who's passionate about the products they have to offer. We ended up getting a tasting platter and a hot chocolate. It was all really, really nice - so much so we ended up getting some packs to take home!

A great place to chill/relax for a bit while enjoying some sweet treats.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've been to this place twice! The first time I went with my family as we were celebrating a birthday down the gold coast and my sister and I shared a one of the fondues for two, well it could have shared with 4 - it was SO chocolaty we just couldn't bare to eat any more!! I actually felt a bit ill going back to the car. We did pick a very chocolate filled fondue though so it was melted chocolate on other bits of chocolate truffles & brownies etc. the next time we went my husband and I shared the other fondue with macaroons & fruit etc and it wasn't overly chocolate this time. we still didn't finish it but actually enjoyed it & it was really yummy. Only downer was that one of the girls that was cashiering was a bit sour & rude but we were still happy so really the only person that was miserable and that it affected was herself. I've recently found out there's one opening just near us... thinking that's bit dangerous for my liking! =P

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our eyes were definitely bigger than our bellies.
It was very quiet when we dined and we had excellent service and amazing food.

Shame that none of us could finish it all.