First of all at $75AUD per night for a 1 bedroom Apartment, Ipanema is a very good deal, personally the location is great mid way 15 mins walk to Cavill Ave, and about 20 to Broadbeach, although there is a bit of road noise.
We stayed here in January and thought it was fantastic! The Apartment was clean, comfortable, well appointed, everything worked and to be honest we were well and truelly surprised, hence the reason when we seen a deal for $75 per night we thought lets go back.
Before booking we did email and ask if the same room type (eg views, high floor etc) was possible, as it is not always possible for properties to gurantee- no reply (pet peeve). So we booked as it was for the next day and requested again on the booking (fingers crossed). On arrival we were advised similar but not the same, fair enough cant have everything you want all the time. However on entering the apartment, it smelt, the carpet was terribly stained all over, lights out, kitchen cupboards broken, blinds that have not been cleaned for years, hairs on the bathroom floor and in the bedroom. No faceclothes. We asked if we could change rooms but were advised Ipanema was 100% full.
That night we were kept awake from 1.30am from roadworks outside, not Ipanemas fault but it has a bearing when you ask again the next day to move rooms and the answer is still no.
Dont get me wrong, for $75 you can look past a lot of this but the sad thing is that some of the rooms are clearly a lot better than others, possibly one of those situations where some owners upgrade their units and others dont.
I would reccommend to give it a shot if you get deals like we did - it is worth it but dont expect 5 star. Note also that reception is only open until something like lunchtime on Saturdays and closed on Sundays, this needs reviewed for guests satisfaction.
The Pool and reception areas are 5 star. The guys that run Ipanema are nice enough guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our apartments at Ipanema Surfers Paradise offer great views of the hinterland, Nerang River and the ocean. This unique holiday building is located on the beach side of the Gold Coast Highway, between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ipanema Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia