We have been staying at Viscount On The Beach (Formerly Viscount Towers) since the 80's..and after returning from another 2-week holiday on 31 August 2013, it is still the most brilliant accommodation and the only one we ever need consider whilst staying in Surfers Paradise. Mine Hosts David and Marion are absolutely wonderful. Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and they run a perfectly maintained but relaxed ship. It has large, modern appointed, sun-facing apartments, balconies off most rooms, dishwasher, microwave and full kitchen facilities, full laundry and DVD player and FULL Foxtel subscription. Both lift always arrive in just moments and are almost always empty. The hotel pool is heated so we could all swim in it every day whilst we were up there on our Winter holiday and bake on the numerous sun lounges or under the huge shade umbrella area. The rooftop spa is HUGE overlooking the sea and the traditional sauna is HOT. The rooftop boasts 2 BBQ areas with modern facilities, there are 2 showers and toilets on the roof and another toilet and shower in the basement for your use whilst using the pool. Everything is perfectly maintained (never had anything breakdown, including spa, lifts, sauna - in all these years..) and if there is anything that you need David and Marion will have it within 24 hours usually. The apartments are absolute beachfront with only the pool gate separating you from the sand. It is a 20 minute walk to the most amazing children's playground I've ever seen, to the Oasis Centre where there's 3-hourly free parking, Woolies, shopping and numerous restaurants and it's 5 minutes drive to Pacific Fair where you can shop until you drop. It's within 5 minutes walk to local bars and cafes and a short drive to the heart of Surfers Paradise and Marina. And one of the best parts is the nothing-but-beach-and-sea view from the east balconies, and the high-rise city lights from the North, South and West facing balconies. I am so excited to stay there every time we go and always sad to leave. This accommodation's consistency over the years and the polished, absolute first class service from David & Marion makes it our number one most-stayed-at accommodation and we will continue to stay there for another 30 years to come... Thank you for a wonderful stay once again!!!!! We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family orientated and friendly atmosphere Fully Self Contained apartments with great sea views 2 and 3 bedroom apartments available, Absolute beachfront. Pool, Spa pool ,Sauna and BBQ areas on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beachfront Viscount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viscount Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Beachfront Viscount Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia