I read some bad reviews about this hotel so I was kind of hesitate when I booked it. But the deal I got was very good ($150 per night) so I thought I would give it a try partly because it is the tallest building in Australia.
When we got to our unit 1203, I was surprised at how clean and nice it was. Everything was in excellent condition. I guess I was lucky. The view was part ocean and part city. It was not perfect but not bad at all. The hotel is located very close to beach and not too far from city center (5 to 10 min walk). The outdoor swimming pools are nice but the indoor one is small and dark. So far so good, right? Here comes the bad part. The room cleaning service is extremely bad! The first day is not too bad, at least they changed towels and made the bed. The next day my younger boy had a nose bleed so the bed sheet was a little stained. When we came back at night, not only they didn't change the sheet, they didn't even make the bed. The only thing we noticed that they did was a pile of new towels. The floor was dirty and garbage buckets still full! In addition, people at front desk were not too bad but did not make you feel like welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia