Q1 Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Island Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
The Emerald(Surfers Paradise)
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
2,790 results
All reviewsenclosed balconythe gold coastbedroom apartmentsky pointsub penthouseamazing viewsocean viewindoor poolhigh floorfull kitchenmain bedroomlounge roomliving areawashing machine and dryerfamily holidaycavill avenuegreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon. We were both shocked to see how many high rises there were in this section of the Gold Coast. All up and down the coast are more tall buildings than one can count.
For this hotel, I was at first put off by the neutral- white, black, gray colors of the room and lack of furniture. I quickly though realized that it had a fully furnished kitchen, laundry facilities, comfortable couches- and best of all- sliding glass doors that go all the way back to reveal a huge open balcony with an excellent ocean view.
The staff were very friendly and helpful with all of our questions.
My favorite part is the free breakfast that comes with you room. The cafe is so darling and the meal options are delicious! I got the pancakes with strawberries every morning.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor and I loved being at that level
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JThielman
MantraQ1, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thankyou for your recent feedback about your Stay at Q1 Resort & Spa.
Congratulations on your recent wedding and I hope your Honeymoon was truly wonderful.

I am very pleased that you found the apartment to be spacious and enjoyed the facilities. The enclosed balconied in all of our apartments are very popular with our guests, as are the views.

The poolside breakfast we offer is also in demand among guests, residents and the public. Our bed and breakfast packages that we offer have become a favourite as a result.

Thankyou again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

The rooms are modern, clean and luxurious. But it simply compliments the magnificent veiw you get from this accommodation. There are no words to descibe this feeling, it's something you must experience yourself. At the base of the building are convenience stores, small groceries, hair and health and some the best dinning options on the coast.
After many trips to the Gold Coast I will never stay anywhere else again.

Room Tip: You really cant go wrong, we where on the 46 floor and the veiws where stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank prop27
MantraQ1, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Q1 Resort & Spa.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience. The views are certainly a feature we are famous for and the retail and restaurant precinct at the base of Q1 is very convenient for guests and residents.
Thankyou for your comments about the apartment bieng modern, clean and luxurious. We certainly take pride in maintaining high standards whenever possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Q1 for one night as a special treat for our anniversary and we are so glad we did. Upon entry to the apartment we were both blown away by the views and the sheer size of the apartment. It was also great to have free secure parking. The lady who checked us in was not rude but rather 'clinical' in her manner. Later we bought tickets to Skypoint from Amanda who was friendly and very helpful. The negative aspects were that the spa took forever to fill (it must honestly have taken 45 minutes to reach just over the jets as the water trickles out in a very thin stream). Then when the jets started water sprayed everywhere even though they were covered.I wouldn't recommend using the spa as it just takes too long. I felt the cafe wasn't well signposted from the hotel however once there the breakfast that was included in the package was very nice and the staff were friendly too. Overall I would stay at Q1 again as the positives outweighed the negatives for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa.
We genuinely appreciate your feedback and use it to ensure that we proactively address any shortfalls in service and build on our strengths so that our valued guests keep comming back.

I am pleased that you wrote that you will be back. I have spoken to our Maintenance Manager who will investigate the water pressure so that the spa in the apartments does not take so long to fill. I am glad that Amanda gave you great service at reception but I am concerned the other member of staff you spoke to at reception was not as friendly. We are training our staff in customer relations so that our service delivery is of a consisently high standard.

I am also happy that you enjoyed our popular poolside breakfast venue.

Thankyou again for staying at Q1 and for your review.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Q1 is a lovely resort. My partner and i stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was both large and modern. The location is pretty good as the resort is only located a short walk from cavil avenue and the beach. Although the resort itself is great, it is the staff that let it down. I spend over 5 minutes trying to call reception to let them know that the dishwasher that they had promised to fix hours ago had NOT been fixed. It took 3 calls for someone finally to answer down at reception. This is unacceptable for a 4.5 star hotel.

We also almost missed our transfers back to the airport as we had to wait 30 minutes to get our bags from reception staff. The only reason that we made it was because the bus driver was nice enough the wait for us. During our stay we also noted that people experienced long delays checking in and out at reception due to lack of staff.

As a 4.5 star hotel, 1 key card per room is just embarrassing, especially when you can’t even get out of the hotel, let alone access the elevator, pool or gym without it. I found this really annoying as i couldn’t do anything without dragging my partner along with me. Even something as simple as going to the shops while my partner was at the gym, was not possible as we only had 1 key card and the reception desk would not give you any more.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytravelreview49

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your concerns after your recent stay at Q1 Resort & Spa. We genuinely appreciate the feedback we receive from guests and use it proactively to improve the level of service we offer. Whilst I understand that your stay, particularly your experience of service levels did not live up to your expectations. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Surfers Paradise.

Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the Resort, its convenient location and your apartment, I am particularly concerned that you found our reception staff to be understaffed and unhelpful to your needs. I am also very sorry that you were not issued an adequate number of keys for your apartment.
We have taken action on these points by firstly ensuring that we are rostering more effectively so that there are more staff on during peak times.
On the second matter regarding keys, we have ordered many more keys so that guests will not have the inconvenience of bieng short on keys again.

I can assure you that these matters have been thoroughly investigated and addressed with the relevant department and their team. As a result we have adopted a more strict and thorough procedure to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests and clients.

I would like the opportunity of welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Should go there great reception great rooms magnificent veiw from some balcony i loved it. Should go there.

• Stayed: February 2011
MantraQ1, Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Trip advisor reviewer,

Thankyou for your review, we genuinely appreciate the feedback.
Q1 is certainly famous for its views and friendly reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!