“amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

i came up from tasmania for miss indy comp,
i shared the room with 5 other girls and it was really nice to come back to the hotel after a very long day of rehearsals and feel at home,
the room we stayed in was a 3 bedroom apartment with views of the beach as far as we could see,
soooooo nice waking up every morning to that,
would definately stay there again,
also the secuity was really good as there were alot of us girls (they looked after us)
the only thing i didnt get to do was go up to the top :( but will definatley go up there next time i come to the gold coast,
thankyou sooo much Q1 for for having all 18 of us stay
cant wait to stay again!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amelia H
MantraQ1, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Amelia H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Our Management team reads all reviews - the good and the bad. We welcomed again the Miss Indy contestants to Q1. I think this is the fouth year in a row Miss Indy has stayed with us. It certainly is a great pleasure for us and adds to the excitement of the Gold Coast 600. Many of our race fan guests commented how much they enjoyed thier weekend as well.

I hope you make the trip up again from Tassie and next time enjoy the view from Skypoint Observation Deck as well.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Not even Vegas with all its lights can compete with the feeling that Q1 gave me.
Waking up to that gorgeous panoramic ocean view in the morning takes your breath away. Even the inside decor takes your breath away! ( Im not sure if I breathed very much during my stay there... )
The hotel staff were so nice. The elevator cards werent working properly which didnt bother me at all. Even though I continually had to go up and down, never once did the staff get irritated about having to let me into the elevator repeatedly. I honestly felt like royalty there. The beds where always made and Ive never slept better in my life. They even keep your luggage safe for you if you want to wander for a bit after check out!
The vibe is over all, just so romantic, yet I was there last time with 6 girls! So another chance to experience it with the love of my life would be a dream!
Thank you for such a great experience.. its was beautiful.

Room Tip: I stayed on level 45. It was perfect. Little noise from streets and I slept like a babyy!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren O
Dear Lauren O

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you had such a Great stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We certainly are well renowned for our amazing views and our friendly staff. I am sorry that your elevator key did not work for you. This is a rare occurance and I am glad that our staff were able to assist you.

I look forward to welcomming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa, perhaps next time with your love of your life.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Well...what can i say. The Q1 is the most amazing accommodation that i have ever stayed in. The view are absolutley breath taking! The staff are helpful and welcoming and everything is too perfection. It was the first time i had ever been to Australia and i did not want to leave my room! It has amazing facilities and is in the central part of surfers so is walking distance to beach, shops, restaurants etc. If you are looking for a place to stay Q1 is the place.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica S
Dear Jessica S,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

You review is greatly appreciated. We welcome all honest reviews both positive and negative. The great majority of our guests have a great time at Q1 and, as you did, find the apartments and the facilities to be to thier liking. Our location is ideal as well. Just a little out of the main stretch to be not so noisy as Cavill Avenue but within walking distance of all the action.

We look faorward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again in the guture.

Front Office Manager.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I recently stayed at this fantastic Apartment complex for the night of October 17th, 2011. I couldn't be more impressed with the place.
Staying at Q1, you're one block from the beach, of which you will receive an amazing view of from your apartment windows. The windows in these rooms actually allow you to open them, in case you're more of a fan of natural air than air conditioning. A size-able private balcony allows you to sit out there with friends (or solo) and listen to the city and whilst watching the waves.
Check-in is not until 2pm; but when I arrived at 11am, the very helpful and friendly employee at reception (a gentleman whose name I have unfortunately forgotten), within 30 seconds had changed my already-booked room to one that was already ready on the 11th floor. From entering the complex to relaxing in my apartment, less than 5 minutes had transpired.
I later inquired about bus transportation for a day trip to Tugun, where another incredibly friendly and helpful reception employee (a lovely young woman, this time) immediately checked online and printed my requested return route, and advised me on where to find the appropriate bus stop.
Something else I was impressed with (having stayed in over a hundred hotels over the past few years) was that this was the first time my room card worked on the very first go, every time. I've stayed at the Hilton and the Watermark in the last 2 weeks, and both places I averaged about 3-5 attempts to get a green light so I could open my room door.
Can't rave about this place enough. I'm seriously considering coming back to Surfers by the end of the month, just to stay at Q1 again. It was really fantastic.

Room Tip: I stayed in what I would imagine to be the least impressive room type in the entire tower - yet it w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MantraQ1, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Harvey828,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at Q1 and that the staff endevoured to do everything they could to make your stay as memorable as it was. I was pleased that the staff upon your arrival were efficient and empathetic to your needs, you mentioned that your keys worked everytime and the self contained apartment had everything you needed including washer, dryer and appropriate amenities. For a regular hotel stayer such as you are, all these little things are certainly noticed and I aprreciate your comments. I am glad you found the room spacious and comfortable as well.

We will endevour to make your future stays as great as this one and look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa.

Front Office Manager.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Myself and my family (wife and three young children) have just returned from a week at Q1. Contrary to other reports, I found the staff friendly and helpful. The resort is spotless and modern. The location is good. Unfortunately as with any accommodation in Surfers, no matter what rating you're going to attract the undesirables who want to party all night and Q1 is no exception. We weren’t disturbed but it was apparent from other guests that they had all night parties next to their rooms, with the police being called etc.

The only criticism that I have of Q1 is the indoor pool, which in my opinion is a tragedy waiting to happen. The pool area is not well lit and what adds to the safety issue is the fact that the pool tiles on the floor are brown. Visibility is almost not existent and I find it hard to believe that this has passed any kind of safety certification. If your young ones go under water and get into trouble (easily done when there are other kids in the pool dive bombing from the sides..) you won't be able to find them. In the evenings the pool is almost pitch black, with only four down lights at one end of the pool (in our week two of these the globes weren't working - nor fixed). I have a five and seven year old and needed to be in the pool with them in very close proximity all the time, even though the seven year old is a compedent swimmer. Even then, I didn't feel the environment was safe. As the weather was not favourable last week we spent a fair amount of time in the indoor pool. If the General Manager is reading this, you need to address this issue before there is a tragedy and someone drowns…

Anyway, all in all we enjoyed our stay at Q1.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawkman_aus
Dear Hawkman_a

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on-line, we appreciate the feedback and use it to improve our products and services.

I am pleased that you enjoyed Q1 overall and found it to be modern, spotless and that the staff were friendly and helpful.

I understand your concerns about the lighting levels for the indoor pool. At night time it is not brightly lit and although it is compliant with regulations, this is a matter that has been brought to building management for serious considderation.

Tahnkyou once again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to one day welcomming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa.

Melisssa Papp

Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Q1 was the highest residential tower in the world when completed in 2005 - no doubt overtaken several times since, but it still towers over the huge number of high-rise apartment towers on Surfers Paradise - and anything above the sixth floor attracts a height tax. With more than 500 apartments there' s usually something available. We stayed in a one bedroom unit and looked at a couple of two-bedroom ones as well - all very modern and new. Mostly all white and with plenty of light - they are also spacious and all have good views of some type - many of them of the beach. You need to be above about the sixth floor to get a good view of the beach. Our apartment was neat and clean with good facilities. The large old-style TVs
looked out of place but did the job. Major issue was that they would only give us one key to the
facilities between two of us - which really restricts how much you can get around on your own individually. Pity because the facilities are fantastic - great swimming pools (indoor and out), gym and sauna. This was apparently because they were fully booked and didn't have any
spares, but check first perhaps. Also no plugs for the sink, basin and bath - and despite a
couple of requests we didn't get one. Overall very good though and in great spot - on the
doorstep of the beach and main shopping strip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Waynos22
Dear Waynos 22,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review of your Q1 experience on-line, we appreciate all feedback given and use it to proactively improve the services and products we offer,

I am pleased that you seemed to enjoy your stay overall despite a few mishaps. I am sorry you did not get your requested bathplug and we have taken steps to make sure the adequate number of keys are available to guests in the near future. We certainly are in a great location, within walking distance to all attractions in Surfers Paradise. Q1 is still the world tallest residential tower. It is certainly not the worlds tallest building however.

Thankyou again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 resort & Spa.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Our stay in a 3 bedroom cost us over $1400 for 3 nights. No food or spa treatments included.

Within the first FIVE minutes of being in the hotel room we recieved a noise complaint! On the second night we were listening to some music, decent volume, until receiving yet ANOTHER complaint. To follow up on that, the security guard came up. He was just plain RUDE and didn't show us any respect whatsoever! We were told if we made anymore noise we'd be kicked out immediately! Are you kidding!?

The room itself was quite good until realizing a chair was broken, the sliding door in the bathroom was broken, the stove was broken and the air conditioning was broken!

We were also forced to pay an extra $240 for extra bedding. We never got the extra beds.

The receptionist were lovely, though!

The only good things about the hotel were the fast elevators and breataking views!

DON'T stay here!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hanny_xoxo
Dear Hanny_xox,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Q1. Whilst I understand that your stay did not live up to your expectations, I trust that you still enjoyed your visit to the Gold Coast.

I am concerned that you feel the security officer was rude to you. Q1 security are employed by the building Body corporate and are instructed to enforce all building by-laws. This includes excessive noise. I am sorry if you felt that your noise was not excessive, however Security were simply responding to noise complaints from nearby residents. Continued excessive noise &/or parties can lead to eviction.

I am sorry about your accommodation not bieng up to the high standards you would expect from Q1 Resort and Spa.

I can assure you that these matters have been thoroughly investigated and addressed with the relevant department and their team. As a result we have adopted a more strict and thorough procedure to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests and clients.