“EXCELLENT!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at the Q1 at Surfers Paradise.
The views were just amazing from our large 2 bedroom apartment. It had 2 living areas and 2 bathrooms.OMG!!! It was spotless and it even included a full laundry! WOW!
The kids loved staying in this fantastic hotel and it did live up to its name!
We would certainly stay here again when we are next in the Gold Coast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia971
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Patricia B,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all the feedback we receive as it assists us to improve so that we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I am pleased that you loved every aspect of your stay at Q1. The wonderful views and the fully contained spacious apartments makes Q1 an ideal place to stay for families and groups. Families certainly do enjoy our Resort facilities too.

Thankyou again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa.

Warm Regards,

Q1 Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family stayed at the Q1 11th August on the 50th floor it was amazing we could see for miles in all directions. The apartment was huge. It had a full laundry so I was able to do my washing before we came home. The furnishings were great the beds were comfortable. It was the perfect way to spend our last night in Queensland

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim W
Dear Kim W,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All feedback is vital to our business as it assists Management in improving the property with the view of making the guests stay the best one possible.

I am pleased that you loved your stay at Q1 Resort. Our fullt self contained apartments are well known for bieng spacious and of course our views are famous. I am pleased that you experienced such a memorable time on your last night in Queensland.

Thankyou again for your comments and I trust that your next stay will be even better.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Me & my partner had booked a trip away to the gold coast in August 2012 & decided to check into the Q1 at the last minute. We opted for a 1 bedroom spa apartment with ocean views. We were on the 14th floor but the view was still amazing. Watching the sunrise from our balcony was perfect. The location of Q1 is excellent & we recommend eating at Pancakes in Paradise down the road for brekkie. The only negatives we had were with the incompetent staff members. So we arranged to be booked in for 4 nights arriving on the monday & due to check out on the friday morning. We decided to stay one extra night because we loved the Q1 so much. So we went downstairs so we could make a reservation & we were met with some woman who seemed to be quite rude & annoyed that we interrupted her afternoon of doing nothing. I asked her if she could book us for one more night & we were told to go back upstairs & ring reservations. Okay, unsure why she couldnt just book it for us as we were standing RIGHT there so i asked what time reservations were open to & was told till 7:00pm. So at 5pm -7pm i kept ringing & left messages & noone ever returned my call. I went back downstairs & explained i wanted another room as we were due to check out friday & needed to ensure we could get a room, another gentleman simply booked us another room then & their & even at a cheaper price. We were given our booking confirmation & we were happy that was one less thing on our minds. Well Thursday night we receive a call from reception to let us know that they in fact DONT have any rooms available & that we had to check out in the morning. Hello, you called us at 7:30pm the night before to tell us we have to leave because you overbooked? How do u overbook? How do you take payment from us, re-explain the check in procedure, provide us with a receipt, then it takes you over 24 hours to notify us & only notified us the night before.....We were lucky Mantra - Circle on Cavill were able to quickly book us in. We were not apologised to & thats what has peeved me off more. Less then 24 hours notice & no apology. What a disgrace. Beautiful place to stay, but customer service lacks in everything. Room service menus were ALL WRONG in pricing & half the places were not even open. As this is a residential tower & not a hotel perse', the staff members are less inclined to care.

Q1 gives a nice customer spiel about being under new management. if it takes over 12 months for your new management to be up to scratch then theres something clearly wrong with the people your employing!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view apartments are the best!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MzTeebomb,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Q1Resort and Spa. We appreciate all feedback as it assists us in the improvement of our resort so that our guests ghave the best stay possible.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Resort and the Facilities. However, I am very sorry about the mix up with your booking extension and I totally agree that this should not have happened. Please be assured that we have investigated this incident and I can guarantee that this will not occur again. It is a shame that the error with your extension marred what was otherwise a great stay.

Thankyou once again for your comments, I hope you do consider staying with Q1 again and trust that on your next stay, the guest service that you experience will be to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed here during the Easter weekend and availed of the weekend promo with daily buffet breakfast, a buffet dinner for two and complimentary drinks at Stingray Lounge. Received complimentary fresh lemonade upon check in. The Dream Bed was amazing, each night's sleep was truly heavenly after long and tiring days at the theme parks. Room service was quite cheap and tasted pretty good. Staff were really friendly and I think the costumes are cute! Location a bit far from the centre of Surfers Paradise but if you don't mind a walk and would like to avoid the hustle and bustle of the main town, this would be perfect for you. Pretty close to the beach, husband had a jog one morning. This hotel is a gem in Surfers Paradise, would stay here again the next time we visit the Gold Coast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3ntmonty
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear 3ntmonty,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1. We certainly do appreciate all reviews as it helps us to manage the Resort effectively with the goal of making the guest stay the best one possible.

I am so pleased that you loved your stay at Q1 and that you enjoyed the facilities too.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Melisa Papp

Q1 Resort and Spa.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I didn't plan on staying at Q1 but at the suggestion of a friend I checked-in for a couple of nights while I was in town for business. Wow, I had a 3 bedroom Suite (apartment) because of availability as I was a last minute reservation. The views were beyond spectacular! The living room and each of the 3 bedrooms had amazing views beyond comparison from my 55th floor vantage point! The unit was very well equiped with more than I needed but with what would have been perfect for a family on holiday; complete kitchen outfitted with everything you would need, washer & dryer, two and a half bathrooms. This was just the unit, the amenities included a great outdoor pool plus an indoor pool, spa, restaurant and shopping all within the building complex... and lets not forget the 77th floor observation deck for cocktails (entry charge) where you can take advantage of being in the tallest residential tower in Australia!!! Most of all the st staff at every turn was helpful and friendly... that more than anything else will bring me back to Q1!

Room Tip: Not sure of how the room categoires work but if you don't mind being on a high floor request as...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Geoff G
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Geoff G,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa; We understand that the Gold Coast accommodation market is highly competitive and we use these reviews to help us continuously improve upon the guest experience so that we remain one of the preferred places to stay.

I am pleased that you loved every aspect of your stay at Q1. The views certainly are breathtaking from the apartments and I am pleased that you took full advantage of our fantastic facilities, the Skypoint observation deck and enjoyed our friendly staff.

Thankyou again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Great value for a good good location that is central to restaurants, beach and shopping with wonderful views.
Personally the decor was a little to 'stark' for me, but very clean, modern and had everything we needed.
We had a relaxing 2 day stay and really felt like we had had a break.
Only negative was the noisy people who stayed opposite our room one night - but that isn't the hotels fault.
Would recommend a stay and visit to the top deck of the building to see the view.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sea and hinterland view to get the most of your stay - but all rooms would probab...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MandMWeekendsaway
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear AbbeyWR,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and use it to improve upon our Resort so that the guest experience is the best one possible.

I am so pleased that you loved your stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We certainly are well known for our amazing views and great location so close to the beach, shops and restaurants. I am sorry that a room nearby was rowdy. We have a security team on everynight to ensure that this is not tolerated and I regret that you experienced this.

Thankyou again for your comments; I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again in the future and trust that your next stay will be even better.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were very disapointed with our one bed apartment on the 20th floor. The furniture was shabby and stained, and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly. Also, there was a terrible smell on the landing - a bit like sewerage! The cafe was closed the whole time we were there, and when our friends tried to call us on several occasions they were left on hold for up to 20 minutes. All in all, not a pleasant experience - I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Tinks186338,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback as it helps us to proactively make Q1 better for our guests. Whilst I understand that your stay did not live up to your expectations, I trust that you still enjoyed your time in wonderful Surfers Paradise.

I am sorry that the apartment was not up to the standard that you expected, both in terms of cleanliness and decor. Q1 is under new management who are comitted to completing a refurbishment program in the comming months. Indeed, already many of our apartments have already been refurbished to a 4.5 star standard which is what we advertise. I was concerned to read that your friends were placed on hold for so long and I assure you that this will not happen again. The Q1 poolside cafe is a seprate business to the Resort and they are currently only open on weekends. However, within the comming weeks, Q1 will once again have an on site dinning venue open everyday.

I can assure you that these matters have been thoroughly investigated and addressed with the relevant department and their team. As a result we have adopted a more strict and thorough procedure to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests and clients.