“Thanks for the amazing stay!”
Review of Q1 Resort and Spa

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney, Australia
“Thanks for the amazing stay!”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed in a single bedroom apartment on the 26th floor for 8 nights and let me say right now this building is amazing. I would like to thank Q1 for making our holiday extremely memorable. The room we stayed in was incredible. It was clean, modern and the amenities were 5 star and the view was beautiful.

The location of this building is perfect. It is only a couple of minutes to walk anywhere in Surfers and it is easy to get to because the building is such a beacon.

Our room featured 2 LED TV's, iPod sound dock, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer which were of a new standard. Furniture was nice and stylish, we were incredibly comfortable. The pool area and gym is incredible. Air conditioning facilities worked great.

The free parking is awesome and there was plenty of available spaces to choose from in the secured underground compound. I felt secure in the apartment as well as everything was protected with swipe card access.

Lifts were fast and quiet and we didn't have to spend much time waiting around despite the building being so large. Additionally the rooms themselves were quiet, I don't know how soundproofed the rooms were but we could hear nothing from the neighbouring rooms.

We also made a tour booking at reception which was incredibly quick and efficient.

My only complaints would be upon checking in on a Sunday there was only one staff member on reception just after checkin time so the line was long and it took ages and our intercom was a bit buggy, the audio didn't aways work and letting someone into the elevator didn't always work either. Also, the other complaint would be that we had to leave!!! I am sitting at home feeling incredibly down that I can't wake up in the wonderful apartment we stayed in. ;-)

I could easily live here. I am sad to be home! We will definitely be back to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dylan R
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Dylan R,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on line about your recent stay at Q1. We appreciate all feedback as it greatly assits us in the quality management of the Resort with the aim of making the guest stay one that matches and even exceeds the guests expectations.

I am pleased that you loved every aspect of your stay with us and that your stay was so memorable. I know checking out can be sad when you have had such a great time, but now you have something to really look forward to - your next stay! Our location, excellent facilities and our recently refurbished apartments are just some of the features that make Q1 a preferred accommodation venue and I am pleased that your experience was so good. I am sorry that your check-in took longer than expected, we have recently changed the Reception roster so that there are enough staff members available to handle the busy periods.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Q1 Resort and Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed for three nights in a spa suite with ocean views. We stayed in room 2902 (29th floor). I was a little worried about some of the previous reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Our room was wonderful! The rooms are huge and have fantastic views. Facilities were clean and modern. Beds are a little on the firm side. Fold out ironing board was a little broken but still worked and there was a separate free standing board also. Pretty desperate when the only fault you can find is about an ironing board :)

We loved our stay. The pool area is lovely, parking was complimentary. Plenty of resturants in the same block and a short walk to Caville Ave.

Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: For us the sea views were worth paying the extra for.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denise R
Dear Denise-James,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at Q1. We genuinely appreciate all reviews as it helps us to proactively improve upon our product and services with the aim of making the guest experience the best one possible.

I am pleased that you loved your stay at Q1. Our large fully self contained apartments, Resort facilities and free undercover parking are just some of the reasons we have many regular guests. I apologise that the fold out ironinhg board was broken, our maintenance department has been advised to repair this.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you again to Q1 and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Melissa papp
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked sub penthouse #7203 for 1 night on Saturday night for 10 people to occupy the 10 beds available to celebrate my 50th birthday. I had invited a few family and friends all aged mid 40's to mid 70's and not a rowdy bunch to pop in to the penthouse for a glass of champers and enjoy the sunset before we headed out to dinner at 8pm. There were approx 20 people in the room chatting with some ambient background music. At 6.30pm I received an sms from the manager saying he had a noise complaint from the "cranky" guy who lives underneath. Please close all your windows. So I did. 7.30pm a bang on the door and a very very aggressive, rude "power hungry" short security guy threatened to call the police and have us evicted because we had more than 10 people in the room. To my horror he actually stood in the doorway and made everyone leave doing a headcount until only 10 remained in the room. At no time when I booked this room did anyone tell me I was not allowed to have any more than 10 in the room to visit. If this had been made clear I would not have booked at the Q1. It cost me $1200 for the night and was not worth it at all. If you are considering having a special night with friends and family DO NOT book this hotel. In particular don't book room #7203. The guy who lives beneath is intolerant to any noise whatsoever. This would only suit 10 people doing a meditation workshop. Again the time was only 7.30pm. We were not having a party as I am aware of the no party policy but this was ridiculous. It should read NO NOISE POLICY. Sub Penthouse #7203 should remove it's ipod dock, cd player, put a sound limit on the Foxtel, Twister, XBox and anything else in that apartment that could have a group of 10 people enjoying themselves and having a bit of fun. A message to the cranky couple on level 71 - you're life must be very miserable. I do feel sorry for you. We still had fun and had lots of laughter which is something you may want to try sometime... To the management company who rented the apartment to us - you were really pleasant to deal with but please, please make your future guests aware they CANNOT have any more than 10 people inside that apartment at any time and they cannot make any noise. It's a lot of money to part with for a night to be told to leave at 7.30 and go to the SkyDeck and pay another $10 each to get in....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KarynA302
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear KarnA 302,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay in the Q1 building. The Resort and Spa Management appreciates all feedback as it helps us to optimise our strengths and identify any areas that may need improvement.

I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I am pleased however, that despite your experience with the buildings security, you still managed to have fun and laughter. You did not stay in an apartment that is managed by Q1 Resort and Spa. The security that attended your apartment are employed by the buildings Body Corporate and not by Q1 Resort and Spa.
It is Q1 Resorts policy to ensure that all of our guests are informed of the buildings no party policy prior to entering the apartment. I regret if your agent did not adequately explain this.

Thankyou again for your valuable feedback and I would urge you to book with the Resort should you stay at Q1 again so that you may enjoy the true Resort guest experience.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My 15 year old son and I just enjoyed 4 wonderful days at the Q1Resort and Spa.I had been saving all year to give my son a special holiday for his hard work at school.We were very fortunate to get a 4 day mid week special with Q1.We were treated with exceptional faultless service.The room was clean and very well presented.All appliances worked perfectly and were modern and easy to use.The view from our room was breath taking (one bedroom spa)on the 35th floor with city views.The pool area was beautiful and relaxing with the sound of the water features.Thank you Q1 for a very memorable holiday.We will definately be back.Cheers Karen Roemer.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank karen_roemer
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Karen_roemer,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All reviews are important to us as a valuable tool used for maximising our strengths as well as identifying any areas that may require improvement.

I am pleased that you loved every aspect of your stay with us and congratulations to your son for working so hard at school. What a great incentive. It's terrific that your stay has been so memorable and that you took advantage of one of the specials that we often advertise.

Thankyou once again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again to the Resort and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Malaysia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

the good
modern and has great views of the beach with natural lighting from many full glass windows.
good location at surfers
parking free for hotel guest
next to the Q1 observation deck
special offer 1750 food voucher
large apartments unlike hotel rooms
fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher washing machine and dryer.
 flat screen tv DVD player
3 pools. one heated gym one heated
Across the street from beach
Bad
no in Room wireless lobby not working in room wired not working
no restaurants not a problem
everything nearby
Not bad for the price point and a good a convenient base to explor Surfers

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank YongFC
Dear fmkyfc,

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback as it assists us in the quality management and continuous improvement of the Resort.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Q1 and utilized the Resorts excellent leisure facilities. I see that you took advantage of our special $17.50 Skypoint deal exclusively for Q1 Resort guests too. Our location so close to the beach and restaurants, as well as our large, fully self contained apartments makes Q1 an ideal place to stay for so many. We are currently installing wireless internet throughout the building and should have it available from every apartment soon. I am sorry that you were not able to access this.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 again in the future and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Melissa papp
Font Office Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Recently stayed 4 nights in two-bedroom apartment. The ocean view was fantasic. The apartment just needed a few upgrades. Like the TV which was old and did not have good reception, there was no electric sockets in both bathrooms, so nowhere to plug in hair dryer which I found strange. Should have brought own hair dyer because the one that was supplied made some very weird noises and sounded like it was going to stop any moment. The couches in lounge area were old and stained and not very comfortable. I know each apartment is different, but surely there is a standed that should be upheld. The good points were the beds were very comfortable, the showers were good and the kitchen was clean. The space of the apartment was good and the pool area was great but had to pay for beach towels. One of the main reasons we picked Q1 was it had a day spa and we were not disappointed it was amazing would recommend it highly. Over all the stay at Q1 was disappointing for the price paid, if it was upgraded might think about staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AussieGirls4
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear AussieGirls4,

Thankyou for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate that you have taken the time to offer us some valuable feedback so that we may improve upon the product and services that we offer to our guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed you stay at Q1 including the great views, our leisure facilities, cleanliness of the apartments and the comfortable beds. I do acknowledge that you found some aspects of the furnishings of your apartment to not be up to the standard that you expected. I am sorry that the TV and sofas were not what you expected. Please be assured that the new Management of Q1 Resort are committed to completing a refursishment program whereby all apartments will have new TVs and many will have new couches over the comming months. Indeed, many have already been completed in this way. The power points in all the bathrooms are located in the vanity drawers. I am sorry that this was not explained to you.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Q1 in the future and trust that your next experience will be much better.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at the Q1 at Surfers Paradise.
The views were just amazing from our large 2 bedroom apartment. It had 2 living areas and 2 bathrooms.OMG!!! It was spotless and it even included a full laundry! WOW!
The kids loved staying in this fantastic hotel and it did live up to its name!
We would certainly stay here again when we are next in the Gold Coast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia971
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Patricia B,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all the feedback we receive as it assists us to improve so that we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I am pleased that you loved every aspect of your stay at Q1. The wonderful views and the fully contained spacious apartments makes Q1 an ideal place to stay for families and groups. Families certainly do enjoy our Resort facilities too.

Thankyou again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa.

Warm Regards,