Where do I start! I recently stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment ( 2 of them were booked) with a group of friends for a weekend... We thought we were all very lucky to be checking into one of the gold coasts most talked about and favourite resorts...we were sadly mistaken! From the moment I walked in to check into both rooms we were treated poorly and the mistakes were endless.. The receptionist that dealt with us treated us like we should be staying at the budget motel down the road and checked me into one room under someone else's name with my credit card attached, it was only because I asked her why our rooms were 10 levels apart and not side by side as requested that I found out her mistake. Check in is supposedly at 2pm our rooms weren't ready until almost 4pm, if we didnt check out until 2 hours after their 10am requirement we would of been charged late check out, hardly seems fair and lets not forget no apologies were made. When we checked in the second room when our other friends arrived they were checked in under my room and not theirs which meant we then had to go back and fix that up. The views from our rooms were awesome however one of our rooms was not and was still dirty and we still didnt get sde by side rooms. All weekend we were treated like crap and not one person was helpful except for the young girl who had to fix our check in debacle. I had made a reservation to the sky point tower the day before and was told by staff at the q1 and the skypoint that the entry would be a certain price and that could then be used towards meals and beverages, upon our arrival at the skypoint our reservation didn't exist and there for we were left waiting around for 15minutes while they cleared tables for us all. The staff did not apologise nor were they helpful or polite. Meals were of an average standard but not worth the price tag attached, the drinks were also ridiculously priced. I doubt that these issues are a once off as my friend had stayed her only 2 weeks before and she had the same problems as well as other guests we had spoke with. I am a travel agent and am appalled at the service and quality of the Q1, out of our whole experience over the 3 days there is nothing that I would recommend to clients or family and friends in the future. I hope from our bad experience the Q1 management will listen instead of hearing our complaints and fix these issues, I expressedmy concerns while we were there and was not at all satisfied with the "managers" response. Thankfully we had a cruise booked on the Saturday which made a bad situation turn into a weekend to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia