Q1 Resort and Spa
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$103
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$352
US$227
US$151
  • Pool
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$131
  • Pool
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$188
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$106
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$99
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$195
US$154
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$103
  • Pool
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$851
bedfinder
2,794 results
All reviewsenclosed balconythe gold coastbedroom apartmentsky pointsub penthouseamazing viewsocean viewindoor poolhigh floorfull kitchenmain bedroomlounge roomliving areawashing machine and dryerfamily holidaycavill avenuegreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write negative reviews because I find that there are too many and people are put off some lovely hotel stays.

However we payed quite a bit to stay in this hotel and there were cheaper options.

The first thing I was hit by was the balcony. I don't know how a balcony can be called a balcony when it's a room with windows that open. That's it. The middle window doesn't even open all the way. Disappointing as a balcony was the key feature of our search.

The room is oddly designed. The HD TV is very old and the remote control is taped over with batteries popping out. They said they'd replace it. Three days later. Still nothing.

Stains on carpet and light shades.

Paid for Internet and still no resolution or update as to why signal is non existent after 3 days. Followed it up with reception and still nothing. The wifi was clearly advertised as available throughout the building.

Welcome pack is stained and ripped.

Pool area looks nice but there are so few deckchairs.

I stayed in the artique last year which is cheaper and much larger, cleaner and has two actual balconies. This apartment does not compare.

I asked if a laptop charger was available and was told they are an apartment complex and not a hotel. Funny because there is room service, pool area for guests, reception and are advertised on hotels.com and all other hotel websites. I understand the rooms are apartments but a simple 'sorry we don't have them' would have sufficed.

The air con in the bed room is behind the blind so even on the lowest setting the blind keeps banging on the wall which is annoying when trying to sleep. Decided to sleep in a hot room instead of a loud room.

The bed was also very small and not a queen or King as described in the booking form.

The views are nice and the kitchen is nice.

Disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Rockfarmer
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Rockfarmer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Q1. We appreciate all feedback and use it to proactively improve upon the Resort and the services that we provide.

I was concerned to read that not every aspect of your stay lived up to your expectations. This is certainly not consistent with the experience of great majority of our guests and I do apologise for this.
The contents of your review and the pictures that you provided leads me to believe that you did not stay in a Q1 Resort Managed apartment as I do not recognise the lampshade from any of our rooms. I invite you to contact myself directly with the apartment number that you stayed in so that we may ascertain if it is one that we manage and if so, that we may take appropriate action to ensure that it is brought up to the high standard for which Q1 Resort and Spa is well renowned.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty

Q1 resort is possibly the best hotel room view I have seen

It is located near the centre of surfers paradise and has really good amenities

Pools gym everything is modern very clean and the staff are knowledgable and are service orientated

It all goes wrong if you need to use wifi , it is available for 15$ Australian a day BUT it's not provided by the hotel it's a 3rd party. My experience was on night 1 the money came off my credit card but the log in did not work , so at 2am I was advised to come downstairs and I would be given a login . 20 minutes later I was connected . Day 2 I then bought another day successfully this time at 4pm but unfortunately at 2 am registration had expired the 24 hr access after 8 hours did not work . At 6am and a visit to reception , again a new sign in provided by hotel no charge and it worked .

The third party that supplies the service , does not offer 24 hour support , and according to the staff at q1 the problem is that customers complain all the time but we can't do anything about the wifi.

I agree it is the HOTELS problem as wifi is now a given and whether it's a 15$ charge or not it should work. Two nights in a row with problems , means that a relaxing break in a superb hotel were wasted as I ended up using data roaming ( UK mobile) instead at over 35£ on an iPhone not ideal

BUT if you don't need wifi this is a great hotel

Room Tip: See above if no wifi needed all good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Howard N

Dear Howard N,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All feedback is read by Q1 Management and is genuinely appreciated.

I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us, however, I was concerned to read that you were not satisfied with the Wi-Fi provided for our guests. We understand that fast and reliablre Wi-Fi is something that guests expect and I am sorry that twe fell short of your expectations on this occaision. I invite you to contact myself directly with further information regarding your Wi-Fi purchase and I will arrange a refund of this for you.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Hi, we had the best holiday ever staying at Q1, So close to everything and the view from our room was fantastic, Cant wait to go there again. I stayed with my son and he loved it, we spent the day in the pool then strolled over the road to the beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had a lovely 2 night stay early in the new year - as Gold Coast residents we are familiar with a lot of the resorts - we chose the Q1 for its iconic aspect and great location - the words stunning ocean views did also influence our decision!

We were on the 22nd floor and had more hinterland southern ocean views than ocean frontage but got a fabulous view of a storm on one day and wonderful night light views so couldn't really complain!

The Apartment set up was fabulous, the glassed in balcony did have opening windows for those that prefer fresh air. The apartment design is for actual living not just holiday let so very generous proportions and decent space including a full laundry and Kitchen.

Room Tip: I think the north side rooms have a more easterly aspect giving wider ocean views but we really enjoyed the mix of ocean and hinterland views that the south side offered.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicola J
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I went with my husband and daughters and we all enjoyed our stay! We were treated like gods from the minute we arrived! The staff were absolutely friendly, understanding and kind and dealt with every request like professionals. The rooms were family friendly with a laundry, full sized kitchen, comfortable bedrooms and large bathroom. The balcony on the 50th floor offered stunning views that were worth every penny! The facilities available made each and everyone of us happy. Affordable, luxurious spa treatments for myself, a games room and pools for the kids and a gym for the hubby. The location was fabulous! In the heart of Surfer's Paradise, we endured beach trips, shopping and experienced the night life! It was also very close to the theme parks so we saved a bit of money on the taxi bill. Great value!!! Absolutely recommend this hotel for any traveller!!! I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Pick ocean view. More value.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family