“great views!”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
sydney
“great views!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Perfect two bedroom apartment! Awesome views all the way up and down the coast, Would have to be up there with the biggest apartment i've stayed in. Would suit a family perfectly. Great pool for the kids and bar for the adults right alongside! staff were very friendly and were able to assist at every chance. were very helpful in suggesting local restaraunts.

2 Thank mat b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (741)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the end of February with three other girlfriends for a relaxing holiday. The resort itself is decorated fantastic and has an incredible pool area. We stayed for 8 nights and found our two bedroom apartment spacious and perfect. However upon our check in we were greeted to tradies in our room fixing our sink. I can appreciate maintenance needs to be done but the lobby staff could have just asked us to wait an extra five minutes before going up. We did state what time we wanted to check in so it was just a tad bit bizarre. The location is fantastic as it is just that tiny bit out from the heart of surfers but everything is still within walking distance. The only disappointing thing about this resort is the staff. We didn't have a service apartment and were looked down upon for asking for an extra two toilet rolls. The man at the lobby desk made it sound as though it was a crime and was offended we had asked. He told us to purchase rolls from the supermarket. I felt looked down upon by various staff at the lobby perhaps because we were a group of young 20 year olds. A part from the staff I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: City view is a tad more noisy with current road works.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MeganGrace6
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

So I stay at a lot of hotels and have traveled extensively. Would have never thought that a 4.5 star hotel would disappoint me as much as Q1 did. When traveling you just want to be able to book a highly rated hotel and be secure that it wont let you down. Especially if you're not the type to complain or fuss - primarily when you've just gotten off a flight and long cab ride. Booked from their official web page, Checked in, got to be room on first glance everything appeared to be fine. Then I took a look at the couch and I can honestly say that this thing looked like it belonged in an abandoned property (see photos) heavily stained and discolored - couldn't bring myself to sit on it the entire trip. Woke up the following morning to find the kettle was broken and leaked water once you try to fill it (see photo)- highly dangerous and unfit for use. Plugged the toaster in and popped in the bread, it appeared to be working then it ejected the bread and short circuited half the power in the apartment. On another day I went to iron a shirt for dinner, as I went to fill the iron with water it seeped from the bottom of the iron (see photo) - yet another appliance that was not functional. I was extremely disappointed with Q1 - especially as I was expecting to have a breezy stay. You expect appliances to work and for the decor to be livable not disgustingly dirty. I invite the staff to enter room 507 and take a look at everything I have outlined and either fix or replace it so whoever pays a considerable amount of hard earned money and gets assigned that room next won't experience what I have. Absolutely unacceptable, will never give them another chance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Trafficled01
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Trafficle01,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Q1. All the Q1 Management team read every review as it assists us in proactively making Q1 even better.

I am sorry that your Q1 experience was not as you expected and appreciate that you have given us the apartment number that you stayed in so that we may investigate the issues that you raised in your feedback. The apartment that you stayed in has been recently refurbished with the last 24 months, the discolouration of the sofa has been reported to our Owner services Manager who will arrange to have this particular sofa thoroughly cleaned or replaced if necessary. All of the appliances in this apartment are now in good operating order.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I regret that you will not be staying at Q1 in the future as the great majority of our guests have very positive experiences.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My sister bought us 4 nights for our honeymoon. The room was had a great view but the furniture was worn and tattered. We stayed there on the day of our wedding but the bathroom lighting was so dim that my wife couldnt use it to get ready... a bit of a pain. The air con was non existant in the lifts so we sweated profusely in our wedding attire getting to the car. Every time my sister tried to call us in our room she had to wait approx 5 minutes and had to repeatedly ring back in order to get some one to answer the lobby phone. Parking for guests is made to be a big ordeal and 2 staff members were pretty rude (i wont mention names) at the front desk. They acted like they hated their job and hated even speaking to us! And I wasnt even asking extra questions, just basic stuff...
The lobby was nice, except the water features were drained the entire time. I would not class this as 4 star. 4 star means people are nice to you, that furniture is in decent condition and that air con is supplied in general areas. I probably wouldnt stay here again.
on a positive note: the rooms are large, the bed was comfy, the kitchen had pretty much everyhting you need, the "self laundry" was spot on. Half of the staff were fabulous (all male? the females were less than nice). The breakfast was ok, the view is great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear kate n,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. Q1 Management reads and values all feedback.

Congratulations on your recent wedding, I acknowledge that every one wants thier honeymoon to be perfect in every way and I am sorry that not every aspect of your stay lived up to your expectations.I am pleased that you enjoyed your well appointed spacious apartment and the world famous views from your windows. I understand that the service experience is a major factor when perceiving any accommodation venue and I was concerned to read that whilst some staff were friendly and helpfull, others fell short of your expectations, this will be reprted to our Front Office manager to ensure that all staff consistently excell. Whilst much of the Resorts areas are air conditioned, the elevators are air ventillated only.

Please do consider staying at Q1 again as I am confident that your next stay will be a great improvement.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I love staying at Q1 - the ultimate view, cool apartments, stunning pool and the Q1 day spa is the perfect place to visit to get you into holiday relaxation mode. When I look out at the views I know I am at the best place on the coast. Thank you Q1 and staff for all my lovely mini breaks :)

1 Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed at Q1 from the 18th - 25th of Feb and were stoked with our choice in Resort. Fantastic beach view and facilities and Longboards Bar next to the pool was a favourite! The service was excellent before even arriving as I needed to sort out a credit authority form and organised for four single beds as it was a boys trip. Was worth every cent and I will stay here again in the near future.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom apartment with four single beds was perfect for a boys week away!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Blake_gray14
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

While staying at Q1 I stayed in two different rooms on diffrent floors... O.MG. why stay anywhere else... Who wants a stuffy room .Q1 is so spacious. Views to die for... No other resort on the gold coast compares... No where.. Travelers this is Q no1 -- staff are the best room are to die for... Number Q1 in travelling books... Of australia...

Room Tip: Did not have brekky. But but the in the observation deck I 5 star.
1 Thank terry303