Our apartment was lovely. There were a few things that weren't up to scratch (broken DVD player, broken curtain, part missing from vacuum cleaner) which we brought to management attention (purely so we wouldn't get the blame for it...not because it was a big deal) and they got angry at us for complaining (which we actually weren't doing!!). Our credit card was charged a few days after check out. When I queried the fee, I was eventually told it was a charge for early check-in. I never requested to pay for early check-in and we weren't given early check-in anyway (we waited for 20 minutes until the 2pm check-in time). When I forwarded the email confirming that we did not want to pay for early check-in, again, management got angry with me and was extremely rude and refused to refund the money. Extremely disappointing customer service. Had to make a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading and forward the issue to NAB dispute resolution for a bank chargeback. I've been hung up on on the phone twice by Lisa and had shocking email exchanges with Danilo. Really upset and disappointed. How hard is it to be nice to be people when it's your job? Shouldn't people in customer service be able to relate to people with respect? Is there any need to turn to nastiness and abuse? Especially when the customer is in the right and the company has done the wrong thing? Really disappointed that it had to get to this point when it all could have been sorted out immediately with a bit of kindness and understanding. Lisa and Danilo really ruined the experience with their attitude (and charging our credit card without permission!!). Unethical and irresponsible business practice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia