My partner and I went away for our anniversary and we were very excited to be staying at what we believed to be the well regarded Q1. However, we were very disappointed at how tired and unclean our apartment was for our stay. When we saw the frayed curtains, stained and torn couch and the Peninsula building right in the middle of our ocean view, we was disheartened. But because we were so in need of a holiday, we put this aside and were happy to be there.
Although the position of Q1 is great, we were constantly met with reminders of other people who had stayed here before us. The first reminder was when I went for a shower on the first night and turned around to find hair on the wall staring me in the face. This immediately made me wonder if the shower had been cleaned at all. The second reminder was when we woke up on the first morning and noticed that we had spent the night sleeping with someones blood on our pillow case. It was only 10 minutes later when i went to rinse my mouth out after brushing my teeth, that 5 cm's from my eyes, I saw a build up of hair shavings in the sink. This made me feel sick.
We went down to reception and told them of these issues and said they would get someone up right now to get them sorted. We went for breakfast at SkyPoint and when we returned 2 hours later, these issues had not been fixed. It wasn't until approximately 2 hours later when we were settled into a movie/ half asleep, that they came to attend to these issues. This was evidence of the level of importance this issue was for the staff.
Upon leaving, we were expecting to be asked how our stay was. This way we could provide our feedback to the receptionist. When this didn't happen, we thought it would be best to provide this feedback to Q1 and other potential guests through this avenue. Unfortunately these issues have culminated in an unsatisfactory experience for us with Q1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia