“my proposal at the Q1”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“my proposal at the Q1”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room was amazing everything you need, great view and the whole environment is amazing from time youstep in to the time you check out! We did the twilight skywalk too which was a bucket list must! Definetely be returning!

Room Tip: ocean view room was amazing! bit windy though and kept me awake but still fantastic!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had an short stay only here, but paid for special package then we had one free night bonus. It was perfect for late check out (~10 pm). The appartment was fully equipped with kitchen, as well as washing machine and dryer. The hotel is one block from the beach, and 5 minute from the main walking street. Pay for the package with breakfast at the restaurant on the top floor and enjoy it with the morning sun shine and the view of all Surfer Paradise!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Noosa Heads, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My lovely partner organised a couple of nights at Q1 last weekend - unfortunately he was caught interstate and forwarded me the booking voucher by email so I could check in and collect him the next day from the airport. After a disastrously long trip through torrential storms and endless traffic snarls I finally found the entrance to Q1. (Shame google maps doesn't share Q1's certainty about its location!) I must admit I was tired and frazzled by the time I reached the end of the long check in queue. Sadly the lady on reception must have had a similarly fractious day as she refused to accept the booking slip for the prepaid accommodation. After a protracted discussion about the likelihood of my partner being able to be contacted (he was at his father's wake interstate) I finally gave in and fortunately he was able to confirm I was indeed authorised to hand over MY credit card for any charges deemed appropriate by the complex management. (Frankly, he could have been anyone - she didn't ask for any form of ID!!!) (Pretty pointless and petty if you ask me!)

In the chaos of a hurried departure to get to his father's funeral, the tickets for the event we were attending were left at home... ever resourceful my magician produced duplicates which simply needed printing - reception was contacted and confirmation given that they had the facilities to print from a USB stick. I must admit my heart sank when I saw who was in charge of reception - yes - the delight from the night before immediately leapt in to action - "NO" seemingly being her fallback position for every eventuality - fortunately we were able to appeal to someone higher up the line who simply pushed the stick into the computer and printed the tickets. Not so very difficult after all!!!

The complex and apartment were just lovely and the promised ocean view was a soothing balm for both of us.

Perhaps a little tweaking of front desk attitude would make the whole experience more pleasant!!!

Oh and P.S.. if you are offering breakfast vouchers at a fixed price it would be nice to advise your guests that there will actually be a swathe of additional costs once you get there! i don't mind paying for goods and services, I just object to being taken for a ride ... It really leaves an unpleasant after taste!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Diana P,

Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback about your recent stay at Q1. Your valuable comments are appreciated and read by senior Management.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the building and your apartment, however, I was concerned to read that the service provided at Reception was not of a consistently high standard. I apologise for this and acknowledge that often the difference between a good stay and a great one is the service experience. Our Front Office Manager has been advised of this and will ensure that all staff maintain professionalism.
Contenental breakfast is discounted for our guests at a set price of $19.00, however, for only an extra ten dollars, hot breakfast can also be ordered. We also have a Winter special whereby for only $15.00, you receive free admission to Skypoint (normally $22.00) plus a $15.00 credit voucher to spend towards breakfast. I am sorry if these options were not communicated to you by reception staff.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty
Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for 5 nights and loved it! Spacious and beautifully presented, it also had every practical amenity you could need. Absolutely LOVED dining at Longboards Laidback Eatery & Bar. Only thing that could be improved on is the bed seemed to be 2 singles pushed together, instead of a King or Queen bed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent facilities and service, the staff were polite and helpful, the location is very central with no real need to hire a car as public transport is readily available, we really enjoyed our stay at Q1

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed in April in a 2 bed ocean view room. It was a large unit which enabled us all some space! The facilities in the rooms were exceptional - great laundry, deluxe bathrooms one with a beautiful view of the hinterland, great kitchen. Q1 made our holiday something special, we feel we got great value and will be back, hopefully higher! The location to the patrolled beach is awesome and we were visitors at least twice a day! We went and had a look at the 3 bedroom apartment which are massive with exceptional views.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JMQA
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently stayed on the 40th Floor with my boyfriend for 4 nights. On arrival we were amazed by the views and the lovely room. We realised that we had a leaking toilet and our phone did work but did not say anything to start off with as it was a minor thing. We did though on the second day ask for better pillows in which we pretty much got given the same hard ones back so we went out and brought our own.The 2nd day we heard the fire alarm go off and had to walk down 40 flights of stairs which was quite scary when you don't know whats going on, once downstairs the receptionist advised it was a false alarm and thought it was amusing. There was no Fire Waden there either and other people were just as confused as us.
On the 2nd night I went to have a bath and there was no hot water, I called reception from my mobile and was told it would be fixed in half hr, I called again after half hr to which I was told it will be hot soon. I ended up getting sick of waiting so I went to bed.
We complained the next day as I couldn't walk due to my muscles being so sore from the stairs ( I am a very active person as well but still my leg muscles were torn badly) we told them about the phone and toilet as well. The phone did get fixed but the running toilet just kept running after they "fixed" it. We did get given a voucher for lunch and a bottle of wine though which we used the next day and that was very lovely. On saying that the day we checked out the receptionist advised me I had been charged for that but ended up saying it was for free?
The indoor pool was meant to be heated which it wasn't and the spa near the pool was also out of order so we didn't get to use that either.
The room was lovely and so was the view but I will not be spending money here again to stay,

1 Thank Tracey D
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Tracey D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Q1 Resort. All feedback is genuinely appreciated as it assists Q1 Management in proactively making Q1 even better for our valued guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the magnificent view form your apartment but was concerned to read that there were some maintenence issues that you encountered during your stay. I apologise for any inconvenience and assure you that appropriate steps have been taken to ensure that no further incidents such as the failure of the public area announcement system for the alarm reoccures.
The indoor pool is heated to 28 degrees, this is measured every day to ensure compliance, I am sorry that the Spa was taken off line for one day recently as part of scheduled maintenence.
Although you were oferred compensation for the issues that you encountered and the phone failure was resolved, I acknowledge that some aspects of your stay were not resolved to your satisfaction and consequently did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for your valuable comments.

Kind regards,