“nice apartment”
Review of Q1 Resort and Spa

Q1 Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we stayed at an apartment with 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette, living room, dining room, and laundry area all provided!
though, the sliding door of one of the bedrooms was stuck and could not be closed the entire 3 nights we stayed there..
and there was only 1 bathroom to share among our group of 4 people..

otherwise, nice affordable place to stay, within walking distance to the main surfer's paradise area and beach..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dixnet

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I found the website easy to use and the links all worked. I had to alter my booking a number of times and the reservations staff were always very efficient, helpful and friendly, Check in was also very quick and easy with handy check in parking out the front. There were 5 in my party and they supplied 3 sets of door/lifts cards. The décor of the apartment was modern but quite bland and uninspiring considering the amazing location as was the décor of the hallways outside the rooms. We went up to Level 77 for breakfast and it was a nice experience. The staff were again efficient and friendly. The breakfast was nicely done and not over priced. I would have liked and omelette but there is only a 3 egg omelette on the menu which is more than I wanted so I think they should offer a 2 egg omelette as well. The reception staff could have been more helpful and friendly. We all felt that we were not really well looked after in that department. If I was to stay here again I would request a higher room as our room was only on the 9th floor and part of the reason that we stayed there was because of the buildings height, so I would request a room as high as possible to get the views. The pools and leisure facilities are very good. Overall I felt that the experience was nice but not as special as I thought it could be and this was partly due to the staff just doing their job and it was all a bit clinical. They probably forget that the guests are spending their hard earned money on their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarah f
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sarah f,

Thankyou for your review for your stay in July. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Q1 Resort experience from the time of booking to the trouble free checkin and your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments about the menu choices for the omlette to Skypoint, which is seperately managed to us. I am sorry that your felt that the reception staff were not as friendly or helpful as you expected, I acknowledge that a great accommodation experience is synonymous with great service and will ensure that the reception staff are reminded of this.

I look forward to your next stay with us and trust that it will be a great improvement.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty
Q1 Resort

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms are modern and very well furnished. Having a washer and dryer helps. Free parking for guests. Didn't get to visit the pool, gym and other areas though.

Area is close to shopping strips and restaurants and there are some convenience stores and dining located at the ground floor of the hotel.

The only gripe I have is that some unseen areas are very dusty e.g. behind the curtains, bedside tables and tv console.

We had a room on the lower floors as we are on a budget but there was not much audible noise from the streets.

Had an enjoyable experience though and the staff are helpful and explained everything necessary upon check-in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Aves L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us back in March. I am pleased that you loved just about every aspect of your stay with us including our modern apartment furnishings and appliances and our ideal location. I am sorry that you found some dust in the apartment and will inform housekeeping of this.

I look forward to your next stay with us and trust it will be even better and you can take advantage of our excellent leisure facilities.

Kind regards,

Jason Boggs
Manager on Duty
Q1 Resort and Spa

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Best place to stay in Surfers when you want space and flexibility. We stayed in a 2 brm apartment. Great views and lots of room for a family of 5.
Has everything you need to cook, clean laundry etc. We had breakfast at the cafe downstairs by the pool while the kids had an early morning swim and joined us later.
Hotel is located in a perfect spot in Surfers close to everything
A bit on the pricy side, but you won't find many hotels with the same quality, service and space for larger groups as you would here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tarns29
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Review applies to the apartment with a sea view on the 23rd floor. Minimalistic interior design, but tasteful and practical. Direct access to the bathroom from the living room and from the bedroom. Property is located in close proximity to the beach and town center. On the top floor there is a fantastic restaurant with a panoramic terrace, definitely worth visiting.

Room Tip: always ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed in an 13floor apartment with sea and it was great. Staff excellent and room great. Spa sea view is the way to go highly recommend it. Big tip is to bring your food as has great kitchen but local food is pricey.

Room Tip: Level 12 tho 14 is great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Q1 for 3 nights (28th - 31 July) and was extremely impressed with the overall experience. It was extremely simple to check-in as had paid upfront on HotelClub.One let down with though was that I had to be called back as the lady who was checking me in forgot to take a copy of my license and didn't mention how to even use the elevator to get to the apartment. Once I was in my apartment on the 12th floor I was blown away with the great ocean view plus they had upgraded me to a 2 bedroom apartment when I had only booked a one bedroom.

The apartment itself was fitted out great. The lounge was spacious with a decent size TV and room to sit 4 people. The kitchen was full size with plenty of utensils and appliances if you wanted to do your own cooking. One thing I was looking forward to was to use the spa bath which didn't disappoint. I only used the main bedroom which the bed was to soft for my liking at first but got used to it by the 3rd night.

The let downs for me were the lack of block out curtains in the main bedroom. Although there were blinds on all the windows it still let a lot of sunlight in as the sun rose over the ocean. The windows were in desperate need of a clean on the outside. Another issue I had on the second night was the light covering on one of the lights fell off whilst I was in the lounge room. After notifying reception maintenance fixed it the following day.

The overall location of Q1 is great as you have the light rail right outside plus plenty of restaurants close by and walking distance to the beach.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the ocean view. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo