“Excellent views”
Review of Q1 Resort and Spa

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Best place my family loved it well worth the money beautiful views of the ocean & the river can't fault this place in the heart of surfers paradise close to beach & shopping will be back in the near future

Room Tip: Great place can't fault
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kylie M
There are newer reviews for Q1 Resort and Spa

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked our 2 bed apartment through their website & found it very easy & they were quick to come back with any questions, I requested in the notes a high floor as I had read about noise on lower levels in Surfers Paradise & we were given an apartment on the 39th floor. The apartment was amazing, clean & spacious. The views were to die for, from every room apart from one bathroom & laundry we had inland views with a slight sea view to each side of the apartment, we could watch the sunset & Surfers come to light at night, boats down the canals & even a fireworks display. We stayed in 3907 & at this height the landscape was at eye level stretching out to the mountains. Kitchen was well equipped, laundry was good to have. Both showers were good, had a sunken spa bath with views of the city, shame I'm not a bath person as it looked lovely. Hairdryers were in the drawers which I wish I knew about before packing. The inside balcony was great, with 2 young children I didn't want the worry of keeping them off a balcony so this was a perfect compromise, the doors opened right up so it could become part of the apartment. We didn't have our place serviced & I could have done with a dustpan & brush although there was a broom. I tried hard to find fault & the only thing I could think of was maybe the blinds could do with blocking out the sunrise a bit better as it did come through every morning very early but then we left them open most of the time as we didn't want to block out the magnificent views. I gave up my deposit on another place in Surfers for this after reading bad reviews & I am so glad I did, it was everything & more than I wanted.

Room Tip: 3907 is at a good height with views inland but still being able to see the sea from the edge of the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SunBeachFun2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

great place, values and quality were just over the top. we enjoyed every second of our staying in this apartment. we could just walk everywhere around, and the bus station to go to all the theme parks was just behind the corner. we loved the toilet with the jacuzy, the big terrace and well equipped kitchen... will come back for sure

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Recently stayed at Q1 for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment with great views of the south of the gold coast and the ocean, our apartment was on the 30th floor and was a very large size with an internal courtyard balcony, there was a kitchen and spa bath in the bathroom, the staff were very friendly and the carpark access was easy, However my one issue with the apartment is that it was dirty, (not filthy) but not cleaned to a standard a resort of this nature should be, the room wasn't dusted, and there were stained on the basins and the taps were unpolished (finger marks and grime). I did not let this detract from my stay as i cleaned the room myself and enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Request a high room and enjoy amazing views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob_melb
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Rob_melb,

Thankyou for your recent review of Q1 Resort and Spa, I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay however, was concerned to read that the standard of housekeeping did not live up to your expectations and our excellent reputation. I have informed our Housekeeping department of this.

I look forward to your next stay with us which I trust will be even better.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

we stayed at an apartment with 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette, living room, dining room, and laundry area all provided!
though, the sliding door of one of the bedrooms was stuck and could not be closed the entire 3 nights we stayed there..
and there was only 1 bathroom to share among our group of 4 people..

otherwise, nice affordable place to stay, within walking distance to the main surfer's paradise area and beach..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dixnet
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I found the website easy to use and the links all worked. I had to alter my booking a number of times and the reservations staff were always very efficient, helpful and friendly, Check in was also very quick and easy with handy check in parking out the front. There were 5 in my party and they supplied 3 sets of door/lifts cards. The décor of the apartment was modern but quite bland and uninspiring considering the amazing location as was the décor of the hallways outside the rooms. We went up to Level 77 for breakfast and it was a nice experience. The staff were again efficient and friendly. The breakfast was nicely done and not over priced. I would have liked and omelette but there is only a 3 egg omelette on the menu which is more than I wanted so I think they should offer a 2 egg omelette as well. The reception staff could have been more helpful and friendly. We all felt that we were not really well looked after in that department. If I was to stay here again I would request a higher room as our room was only on the 9th floor and part of the reason that we stayed there was because of the buildings height, so I would request a room as high as possible to get the views. The pools and leisure facilities are very good. Overall I felt that the experience was nice but not as special as I thought it could be and this was partly due to the staff just doing their job and it was all a bit clinical. They probably forget that the guests are spending their hard earned money on their stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarah f

Dear Sarah f,

Thankyou for your review for your stay in July. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Q1 Resort experience from the time of booking to the trouble free checkin and your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments about the menu choices for the omlette to Skypoint, which is seperately managed to us. I am sorry that your felt that the reception staff were not as friendly or helpful as you expected, I acknowledge that a great accommodation experience is synonymous with great service and will ensure that the reception staff are reminded of this.

I look forward to your next stay with us and trust that it will be a great improvement.

Q1 Resort

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The rooms are modern and very well furnished. Having a washer and dryer helps. Free parking for guests. Didn't get to visit the pool, gym and other areas though.

Area is close to shopping strips and restaurants and there are some convenience stores and dining located at the ground floor of the hotel.

The only gripe I have is that some unseen areas are very dusty e.g. behind the curtains, bedside tables and tv console.

We had a room on the lower floors as we are on a budget but there was not much audible noise from the streets.

Had an enjoyable experience though and the staff are helpful and explained everything necessary upon check-in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Aves L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us back in March. I am pleased that you loved just about every aspect of your stay with us including our modern apartment furnishings and appliances and our ideal location. I am sorry that you found some dust in the apartment and will inform housekeeping of this.

I look forward to your next stay with us and trust it will be even better and you can take advantage of our excellent leisure facilities.