“Didn't want to leave”

Regent Apartments
Melbourne
“Didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just got back from a wonderful 5 night at the Regent. This was our 2nd time at the Regent. We loved it the first time and loved it more the 2nd time. The rooms are very spacious and most important spotless. The service was great. We decided to stay an extra night and it was no issue. Loved the location of the apartments, walking distance to Cavill Avenue but still far enough not to be bothered with the crowds. The highlight are the 2 pools. My kids loved using the indoor pool early morning and evening and using the outdoor pool with the slide during the day. Will definitely come back to the Regent on our next visit to the gold coat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mrsgoofy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Exceeded expectations.Apartment very spacious with great views.Cleanliness of apartment faultless,a big issue for me.
Maintenance of complex in general excellent,clean pools,spa and toilets,only facility missing that would improve the complex is a gym.
Would certainly recommend Regent Apartments to holidaymakers looking for spacious,clean apartments with very good general facilities at very competitive prices.

Room Tip: You pay a bit more but well worth it,a Deluxe apartment with ocean views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jda00292
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After having two nights bad experience at the travel inn in broad-beach my husband moved us here,
Clean, tidy great location, appliances worked, we had a sea view and wrapping decks around the apartment

Kids loved the two pools and the water slide.

Everything you and your family need for a holiday.

My son got sick on the last day and we weren't able to fly, the lovely man down stairs gave us a fantastic rate to stay another night. ( thank you) and even asked if he was ok...

We will be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Abba1976
Sale, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay,easy access to under ground parking and both pool's were great open until late!!
My only downfall is l requested a beach front room but never got it and the reception is not open long if you wanted to hire tennis rackets we were gone in the morning by 8am for theme parks and wouldn't get back until 6 which they are only open 9 to 5 apart from that rooms were really nice!!!

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Gippsland
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The unit was large and clean, with a well equipped kitchen for our 7 night stay. The separate bedroom and bathroom for the kids and the heated pools were main reasons we chose this hotel and did not dissapoint.
Recommend unit A 10th floor or higher for best ocean views from living area. The wrap around balcony views were great in several directions so expect other units would have good views as well. Location was great, beach and surfclub with flags 100m, bus stop at end of street on highway only one or two stops to cavill mall.

As apartments are not serviced daily the small shops within 50m were great for the essentials also bottle shop, takeaway and pizza. Over 7 days 1 towel each may be an issue for some people, there is however full laundry with dryer and I think you can request extra.

Foxtel out for a day or so was the only minor issue, there was a dvd player anyway.

I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: unit A 10th floor or higher for best ocean views from living area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Benjy W
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 June 2013

...this is a wonderful place to stay. I found the Regent by accident when I was planning my trip from Atlanta, GA to Australia. Was not sure if this hotel would live up to the reputation that it has both here and on its own web site. I am happy to report that as a foreign traveler visiting Australia for the first time that the photos are realistic representation of the Regent in my opinion. The staff was very nice to a traveler from the States. They were very helpful and even helped me pick out the tours in the local area. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment that had everything I needed for a nice stay including a washer/dryer right in the apartment. This meant that I could pack a little lighter than normal for a 13 day visit and it was great not lugging a huge suitcase through LAX which is a "disaster" right now with multiple renovations. Thanks to being in Australia in May the temperature was perfect during the day at around 75 degrees and the water was still warm enough for swimming if you don't mind it being a few degrees off the perfect temperature, however the wind off the ocean was a little chilly at night but no big problem.

So from the Regent, I was a 3 or 4 minutes from the beach with a excellent view of all the giant sky scrapers in Surfer's Paradise which is less than 10 minutes walk when on the beach. Even in May, which is Australia's late fall, the beach had a good number of people on it. I guess next time will try to get there before Summer is over. So back to the Regent which as I said was almost exactly as described. My apartment for the almost 2 weeks I was there was clean and had all the things that you would expect from a hotel plus a full kitchen with stove, microwave, and refrigerator which made it very easy to stop by the local grocery store of which 3 were in close proximity. So rather than hitting a restaurant every time to have 3 squares a day I prepared local food. Another upside was no maid was rushing me out to clean the room. I was able to live as if I were an Australian for the time I was there. The Regent did seem to cater to families but they did seem to know how to accommodate a solo traveler. I will be first to admit while the Regent was great but it was not perfect and did have a few small items that some might see as a problem but having stayed in a good number hotels over the years I did not see anything that detracted from my vacation or holiday as it is called in Australia. As I said the Regent was like an Oasis as it was very convenient to a number of important things like food with an open air Mall area directly across from the Surfers Paradise main entrance. The best feature of the Regent had to be its location near the beach.
Surfer's Paradise or simply "Surfers" as locals call it was truly beautiful area with blue shimmering water and sort of a light brown sugar color but it was unlike any sand I had ever seen before as it did not appear to have the normal cube shape I am accustomed to seeing. The architecture in Surfers was unusual and interesting to say the least and stood out from the normal beach scene as in the Florida, USA for example. In fact the entire coast of this country as unbelievably beautiful as well as the interior of the country. The people in the area were friendly to say the least. There are many attractions that make a good day trip from the Regent. I went to Byron Bay, Brisbane, the Springbrook Mountains, and Noosa while but Byron Bay stands out as being excellent in my mind and yes Noosa was nice too because I like anywhere with water and sand it seems.

My advice to anyone visiting the Regent is you may need additional towels which you can get from the front desk as well as some of the other essentials like washing and dishwasher detergent but you can also get these at one of the local stores too. The IGA in Surfers was most convenient and helpful. This was a good place to get phone cards and cell phone service. I had no problem getting my GSM phone up and running on Boost Mobile available at the IGA.

As a former skeptic who was unsure of the Regent's reviews were true I can say based on my personal experience that they were. I was treated very well here and would not hesitate to return in the future. So of you are an American or other person outside the local area that this looking is an excellent to place to stay when in Surfers then the Regent is definitely it. To me it provided a combination of value, convenience as well as a staff that made it great not to mention its distinctive architectural appearance. It very much resembled the photos here. So when in Surfers I recommend the Regent.

Room Tip: The A and B rooms above the 4th or 5th floor appeared to have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank erldprl
Toowoomba
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We opened the door to our unit & "Wow" was my comment the entrance foyer was large and it opened up to spacious open living area. The surprise was the wrap around balcony and the views. The bedroom has a great change room/ walk through robe, into the ensuite which was adequate. The weather wasn't good but we were able to enjoy the heated indoor pool, spa & sauna. The secure allocated parking bay was welcomed, as to was the friendly staff. We enjoyed our 5 night stay & recommend it for those who are looking for a holiday unit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple