Stayed there in Feb 2007 for 4 nights.
The apartment looks good from the outside, service was ok, nothing special & they weren't that friendly.
I booked the hotel knowing this but thought that it wasn't necessary to have air-cond because we could get the sea breeze. Also wanted a room with a spa bath.
The room didn't have air-conditioning only ceiling fans, the first thing I noticed was that it was stifling hot & humid. We opened all the windows & there was not breeze coming in, the windows all face one direction.
We got a room on the 4th floor. It had a nice size bathroom with a spa bath and laundry facilities. It had a fully equipped kitchen but no dishwasher. Overall it could be cleaner & there wasn't much storage space for our luggage & the room was smallish. The plus was the large balcony & spa bath.
The balcony connects with next doors, so it wasn't very secure & you can't really leave your windows open all the time.
The views was nice facing the water with some water views above the buildings. The location was great only 2 blocks away from a patrolled beach. It was only 2 minutes walk. It's a fair distance to Main Beach or Surfers though, we walked & it took us around 15 minutes to go to Main Beach.
At night it was quite noisy with cars & buses passing by, it's one of the main streets between Surfers Paradise to Main Beach. I had to buy ear plugs because I couldn't sleep the first night.
The pool was nice with some shady spots & it wasn't too crowded. If we didn't open the window we would die of heat.
Overall the stay was good accept for not having the air-cond, it was much too hot .
I would only go back if they installed air-conditioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free internet, free parking, air-conditioning, full sized tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, mini-gymnasium, BBQ area and gazebo. Nestled perfectly between two of the most vibrant beach side suburbs on the Gold Coast, Surf Parade Resort offers you a relaxing and satisfying holiday. The superb one bedroom holiday apartments are perfect for couples and small families seeking comfortable and affordable Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise accommodation on the Gold Coast.Surf Parade Resort offers 98 fully self-contained apartments, all fully equipped with in-room corner spa bath, large curved balconies and air-conditioning. Each of the Broadbeach family apartments has modern interiors that are complimented by a lovely decor. Enjoy the first rate resort facilities that include a full sized tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, mini-gymnasium, BBQ area and gazebo, and a lush tropical garden. All apartments have wireless internet connections available on a pay-to-use basis, thereby enabling guests to maintain email contact and internet access while on holiday. Surf Parade Resort is also a mere stone's throw away from the most exciting places on the Gold Coast. Get easy and convenient access to the most spectacular patrolled beaches and world class theme parks. Fabulous shops, innovative restaurants, trendy nightclubs and extravagant casino are all nearby our holiday accommodation in Broadbeach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Surf Parade Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf Parade Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surf Parade Surfers Paradise
- Surf Parade Resort Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia