“Great place, great location, great people!”
Review of Surf Parade Resort

Surf Parade Resort
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I have just come back from a 2 week stay at this resort and would highly recommend it to any holiday goer or someone wanting some good leisure time but within reach of all the attraction of the Gold Coast.

PS: Ocean View a must....over the 6th floor would be ideal

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd_in_Asia
surfpde, Manager at Surf Parade Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

it was in a quiet location, yet convinient for transport. my stay in this hotel was really good. I stayed with my 2young children. We slept well in confortable beds, spacious bathoom, spa, and kitchen.

The staff were kind and helpful for my enquries. I would like to stay in this hotel again in future, and like to recommend my frineds and family

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pepper1888

Pleased to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your pleasant review

Reviewed 30 September 2010

Loved our stay , found the staff very friendly and helpful. The Resort was keep to a high standard and those I spoke to also enjoyed their stay there. Lovely pool and Bar be que area which as we found the Australians pride themselves for. Found other guests lovely to mix with and would love to meet them again should we ever travel "down under" again. It is a top of the line 4 star star complex which we were concerned about as many are not up to standard. Cathy at reception was very helpful with any concern , booking attractions and suggesting activities, all this while she was easy on the eyes. We both loved our stay and were pleased with our travel agents suggestion.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sussexwonderer
surfpde, Owner at Surf Parade Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Pleased your travel agent recommended us and that we were up to their standard. All guests are welcomed and our reward is that they have a pleasurable stay and maybe they will return or mention us to others looking for a nice spot to stay. As we say , we think this is our small part of paradise. Thank you for the pleasant review.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

My wife and I have now stayed here 5 times over the last 9 years, so know the place pretty well, 3 of the trips have been long duration stays (1 month) over Xmas.

The apartments are 1 bedroom, with separate living and kitchen/ dining areas, large spa bathrooms with washer / dryer. The living areas have sofa beds to accommodate an additional guest if required. There is a relaxed, heated outdoor pool and spa, tennis court and fitness area. There is also an excellent large BBQ and ice machine!!

Rooms feature Foxtel equipped LCD Tv’s (although who wants to watch TV when you are on holiday on the Gold Coast!)

As we have stayed here so many times, arriving feels a little like coming home, and it is this feeling; knowing that we will have another fantastic time on the Gold Coast that keeps us coming back here. In a nutshell, Surf Parade Resort is very friendly, relaxed, and has a truly superb location on Surf Parade Rod

Location

Located on Surf Parade Rd, just a very short distance from the beach, the location is excellent. It takes around 15-20 mins to stroll into Broadbeach and a little more into Surfers Paradise. Hence this is a relaxing spot and the walk into Broadbeach is very pleasant either along Surf Parade Rd itself or along the esplanade. There is a convenience shop and 2 restaurants with a couple of mins walk, along with a BWS!!

Many rooms on the front of the building have ocean views, although we personally prefer an apartment on the back with Hinterland views and the afternoon sun. All rooms have large balconies which is a great feature. The resort has secure underground parking.

Surf Parade Report is good value considering the location.

Reception

Reception open 7 days a week, Kathy and the team are welcoming, helpful and very knowledgeable about the local area. A booking service for tours, tickets etc available.
Draculas and Jupiter’s dinner and show package are well worth doing.

Summary – We always have a great time here and feel welcome, highly recommended. My wife and I are looking forward to returning over Xmas.

Paul & Lyndsey (formerly from Nottingham, UK, now located in SA).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paulb6977d

Thank you for such a comprehensive review and nice to see that your stay was another enjoyable one. Hope we see you once again

Reviewed 7 August 2010

On our recent holiday from New Zealand without kids my wife and I stayed at the Resort thorughly enjoyed our stay. Our thanks to Cathy for her support and friendlyness. Next time we are on the coast we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BangonEd
surfpde, Manager at Surf Parade Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Thanks for the review . Cathy , like all those that work at Surf Parade Resort, wants your stay to be an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

My partner and I stayed 7 nights in May 2010.

We arrived after the office was shut however the after hours check-in was quick. The room was very clean and we loved the lights being left on for us in the room.

The staff were very friendly and helpfull the next day. We were given a map of the area and they helped us chose great tours. The Mother Africa show at the Casino was awesome. Highly reccommended.

We could see the pool area cleaned every morning and the pool and spa was nice and warm during the cool evenings. However lots of sun during the day.

This was our 2nd time to the coast and Surf Parade Resort had a lot less noise at night than our last stay when we stayed in the middle of Surfers Paradise and the carpark was free, not like our last stay.

If you are looking for clean, afforable, quiet and friendly resort then Surf Parade Resort is for you.

Exceeded expectations and would reccommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whezbobdidit

Thanks for the great review and pleased to see we exceeded you expectations. We always put ourselves in the guests position , as if we were on holiday and what would we expect.

Reviewed 17 February 2010

I thought I would just write my comments on the holiday we have just returned from 16.2.2010.
When I booked the holiday at Surf Parade I asked for a sea view, which was the apartment we got when we arrived. After a few days I asked the manager Cathy if we could change rooms, as we preferred to have the sun on the balcony in the afternoon.
Cathy (Manager) agreed to our move and did not charge us, which we thought was a very nice gesture. Both apartments were clean and roomy and had equally great views. Both apartments were on the 8th floor (83 &88) they are at present installing air condition units but neither of the apartments we chose had them installed but this did not cause us any problems, as the ceiling fans in the living area and bedroom are more than adequate.
We also enjoyed the fact that we could turn the t.v. round and we could watch it whist we were in bed.
I can assure any traveller that the pool area is cleaned on a daily basis as my husband and I often watched this happening as we sat on the balcony eating breakfast.
We also took advantage of the heated spar and sauna and appreciated the shower located near the pool to rinse off.
Cathy (Manager) and James did socialise with the guests at the pool on a Sunday afternoon, and took this time to ask guests if every thing was satisfactory which we thought was very nice
Manager Cathy was very helpful to us when we decided to drive down to Sydney and lent us her book on "things to do and places to go” on the drive down. I also thought it a great benefit that the Surf Parade had a secure car park for the hire car, which was below the apartments and was accessible by the lifts.
I also saw first hand how the cleaners clean the apartments as whilst sitting on the balcony I watched two of them getting the apartment ready for the next guests. I was impressed that the girl even took the pictures down and cleaned the wall behind.
The male cleaner also cleaned the balcony doorframe and windows, inside and outside, both seemed to be taking great pride in their work. I was so impressed that I commented to the girl how good I thought she had cleaned the apartment.
The big supermarkets are a little distance away approximately 20 minuets walking distance but the cost of a Taxi would only be about $7, there is a small shop at the end of the road about 5 minuets walk away where we could by essential items, it was a little bit more expensive but handy for milk etc.
The apartments are only 20 minuets walk away from the heart of the action, and if you do not want to walk or are unable to walk the local bus stop is about 30 yards from the front of the apartments. The wonderful beach is only one street away. What more can anyone want?
We did have one problem when we arrived this was due to the transfer not turning up, but this was resolved very quickly as we contacted Cathy who told us to book a transfer at the airport and she would reimburse us… which she did.
I most certainly would recommend these apartments to any one, I only wish we could have stayed longer, 4 weeks were just not long enough.
but we hope to go back again for a third time.
Mr.&Mrs Richards
Leicester
U.K.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelled53
surfpde, Owner at Surf Parade Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for the comprehensive and positive review. The time and dedication that we put into the Resort is made worth while, knowing that we have made you stay a pleasant one . Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. James