“Up your cleaning standards! REVOLTING!”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 12 October 2012

NEGATIVES
So we arrived at the Chevron, I didn't realize that we had to meet with someone even though we booked through the official website- I thought we would go through the normal check in.

Then They surprised me with a $300 BOND! after I had paid all my accomodation.

The apartment had a horrible smell, I commented as soon as I got into the apartment.

When I hopped into the shower I noticed SOAP SCUM I wanted to vomit.

I also noticed other peoples hair stuck in the drain and on the outside.

The light fixtures in the bathroom also had rust all over them.

The place looked rather ran down all together.

Even before check out we had the cleaners knocking on the door. We told them to GO AWAY it wasn't even check out time yet.

And the lovely Lagoon Pool is useless in Winter,

For the ammount of money I paid to stay here, I expect to feel clean and comfortable. I did not! It was disgusting. I would NOT stay here again on Hygeine alone.

I emailed the Chevron, I wasn't happy with the feedback.

I could stay somewhere twice as cheap with higher cleaning standards.

POSITIVES
It was close to everything.
The Spa was big.
The lovely man that drove one of the tour buses he was excellent :)
Lovely view.

But one of the most IMPORTANT aspect's of offering accomodation was breached! CLEANLINESS!

and I am not a clean freak.

Very dissapointed did not make Queensland comfortable for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Emma B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,783)

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We Had a very good Stay In Chevron we had 2 famiy's staying in 2 room's And every thing we needed was in the room for us.
We would stay again hands down one of the best stay we have had. We had so much around us Shops just under the rooms and a bus stop out side the doors and Bars across and all around us. we all had a good feeling of being safe when there.The only thing we could say hat was bad was that at the start of school holidays it took a bit longer to get in to the lifts we had to stand there one afternoon for 15mins to get in to one of the 4 lifts. But thats the only thing that we could say was Bad.

Stayed: September 2012
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

Being in the hear of Surfers Paradise we have easy access to all of the cafes, boutiques and restaurants, and the beach just 2 blocks away, many of our guests do not leave the immediate vicinity. There really is no need, you have everything on your doorstep!

This type of feedback is very rewarding. I will be sure to share this with the team.

I do hope to welcome you back again when you next visit the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have stayed at Chevron 3 times over the past few years. On the past 2 occasions I have booked direct with owners which I found very easy!

We prefer tower 2 which I believe has the best views out to the ocean, this tower also has direct access to the shops below (including Coles).

The pool areas are great, sometimes they can be busy but not unbearable.

I have never had issues with the lifts (despite what some others have mentioned). I have never experienced lengthy delays. Do expect wet patches from kids dripping!

This complex wasn't designed as a hotel / full service complex. It is a shame people have a go at it because of this, stay at a hotel if this is important to you.

Yes it is a big complex, take your security swipe with you! Again I can't believe people whinge about this. I am more than happy to swipe everywhere, particularly the pools as it keeps the idiot element (not staying at Chevron) out.

I have never had issues with how clean the rooms were, I have never had reason to complain.

We love the central location of Chevron. Close to the beach, close to central Surfers, plenty of dining downstairs for all moods and budgets, great pool areas, bus at the door both directions if you need them, plenty of easy access security parking downstairs.

Room Tip: Tower 2 has best views looking out to ocean
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Riley P
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and 2 year old son stayed in room 3551 at the Towers of Chevron Renaissance in September this year.

The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The main view was straigt out down the river and over the hinterland but because of the location of this room, we also had a view of the ocean being on the 35th floor.

There were two bathrooms, two bedrooms and the

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We have stayed here numerous times which was great, but the last stay was FANTASITIC, this time we rented a private apartment by SANDRA and GREG!!!!!!

The apartment was 2 bedroom, with a fold out bed as well!, the view was AMAZING! The apartment was exceptionally clean, every detail was counted for: Washing powder, beach toys for kids and board games! Foxtel, flat screen T.V.

The apartment was so clean I could lay on the rug and feel like I was at home!

The Pools were great, especially the "beaches in the sky one" I loved the fact that you could walk down to the shopping Mall and do your shopping at Coles and come straight back up! No need to lug your groceries all over town!

Over all I would highly recommend this beautiful resort! Dont listen to all the negatives reviews I found this place great for my family!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sunshine35Geelong
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay last week and this is the second time my family and me have stayed here. We just love how convenient the location was and the sweeping views that we got. You could get a unit with surfers paradise beach views or the beautiful nerang river views with the luxurious houses and villas lined up along the rivers right up to the scenic mountains. Parking is free which is a must since a rental is always a good choice. Kitchen cutleries and crockeries are provided and we cooked on some days. Flat screen tvs with quite a good selection of channels. Would stay here again most definitely.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fazzigucci

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of your recent experience at Chevron Towers

It is reassuring to hear that we met your expectations for the 2nd time!

Our apartments are fully self contained and are vert spacious allowing plent of room to relaz and enjoy!

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third time and many more to come.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great location in Surfers with a Coles supermarket and restaurants right at your door step, accessed internally through the lobby. The outdoor pool is awesome for the kids and a heated indoor pool is great for cooler days or evenings. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor of the North tower, try get a room above level 7 if u want a decent view but we weren't complaining as we booked late for school holidays. Room wasn't thoroughly cleaned, a bit of scrubbing in the bathroom needed but ok. No TV in the bedroom if the kids wanted to watch other channels. I notice people have commented about service, and if you expect a 5 star hotel with hotel service you'll be disappointed, these are apartments that aren't serviced daily and don't have 24hr room service etc. It's not a hotel. If you want a good central location though with a great pool in apartment accomodation then this might be the right place for you!

• Stayed: September 2012