“Dissapointed and SO LOUD! Too many young people hanging around”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Stayed here in April to attend my friends wedding from Melbourne. We usually stay at Crown Towers Resort and defiantly wouldn’t have booked here if it wasn’t for all the guests staying in the same hotel.

Defiantly not a family environment. There are way too many young party goers hanging around yelling and screaming throughout the night. There were beer bottles in the foyer and carparks. There is no way I would have let my wife and young kids downstairs after 6pm. I think the issue with the location is the all the clubs are basically across the road.

Staff were rude. Room was very small. View was ok but interrupted by buildings and too loud to enjoy the balcony. Parking is very hard to find if you brining a car.

For me, I prefer to stay on the Northern end of Surfers Paradise not in the heart itself, Crown Towers I like more because its dead quiet at night so you can relax and feel safe with young children but can still walk to all the shops, cafes and each in a few minutes. If you can secure on of the renovated rooms your laughing because they are twice the size, better location and have the best facilities on the Gold Coast.

Wouldnt be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank AdonisMelbourne

Reviewed 21 May 2008

I recently stayed at this complex in a 3 bedroom apartment with my 9 month old and another couple and found it to be excellent. I rented the apartment through a business on ebay and got an excellent rate.

The apartment was very modern and had fantastic ocean views (level 33). The beds and furniture were excellent. The complex is very central and has fantastic pools - especially the main pool which has sandy shores! There are several restaurants, lots of small shops and a coles supermarket and bakery below - everything you could need for your stay is all there. It is also a short walk to the beach and Cavill Ave etc.

The 'trade-off' is that even from floor 33 there was a bit of noise - especially on the Friday and Sat nights but it's not too bad.

It's hard to review this apartment as a 'hotel' because being privately owned you don't use the reception and the apartments are all furnished differently depending on the owner however the hotel facilities are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank mammalyn
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I stayed in tower 2 on the 32nd floor and highly recommend this complex. The location is ideal, walking distance to the beach, shops, and river. Tower 2 has a Coles supermarket right underneath but is still easily accessed from all 3 towers.
I did a lot of research and booked this apartment through the stayz website (property no. 23072) which saved me at least $50 per night. This way I also knew exactly which apartment I was getting and I didn't need to deal with reception at all. The service was excellent.
The apartment was 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which easily accommodated 3 adults and 2 young children. It was spacious & very clean with views of the ocean and surrounds. The complex is very secure with access only to your floor and the communal areas. May is low season so it was very quiet and we often had the pool to ourselves. The outside pool is cold at this time of year but the huge spa was perfect.
I highly recommend this complex to all age groups. The high floors have magnificent views and you'll find it very hard to leave.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank SmithyMelbourne
Reviewed 4 May 2008

I'm sorry to say, we were very dissapointed with this, relatively new hotel. We had a group of 16 people, in three apartments, and all said the rooms were very dirty!. My first impression was.....look at the dirty walls!...then..what a great view!. Coming back inside we again noticed the dirty table and chairs and bathroom sinks in dire need of some "spray and wipe". There were no blankets in the rooms. The showers were great and hot, the beds comfy and the pillows comfy. There was no iron, but we got one sent up, no problems. The noise from the street was dreadful!!! and we were on the 42 floor!!!!! The security getting into this building is a shamble.......the swipe key we were given did'nt work to get us into our tower from the carpark....when we asked the girl at the desk, she told us...we were the problem, not the key!!!!! I don't think so! we know how to open a door!!!!!! We went around in circles for 15 minutes trying to find another access, only to be held up by firemen who were attending some idiot on a floor who'd burnt their bacon!!!!!! There was occasionally a queue of ten people waiting on a lift!!! there are four lifts!!!!! We saw a drug deal going on!!!!! in a lift!!!!what a great place. Most people we saw, looked bewildered by the whole getting to your apartment thing!!Hated it...would never go back!.

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank joanne6859
Reviewed 29 April 2008

Ok...where do I start??

We just returned from a 4 night stay with our small children. I must say that overall, we were disappointed with the hotel, however we managed to have an awesome time!

LOCATION: You are right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. If you want to be right in the middle of the action & within walking distance from everything - this is your place! We went to alot of the restaurants in the Circle of Cavil - Wonderful!! (just underneath the hotel)

STAFF: Reception staff were lovely & helpful - no problems.

ROOMS: We were in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment on the 19th floor. The balcony overlooked the pool & had ocean views. Wonderful views, you could stay out on the balcony for hours!

The apartment itself was a little shabby. The carpet was very dirty, and the bathrooms were also very dirty. The shower in one of the bathrooms had a lot of mould & had obviously not been cleaned in a long time. It also smelt a little like faeces - gross! Thank God we had another bathroom to use instead.

Also - small thing to complain about - but the TV was bloody tiny & the reception not to good either. Would have liked a TV in the master bedroom too.

FACILITIES: The pool area looks wonderful.....but.....the water was absolutely freezing. Now, I am not one to shy away from cooler water at the beach or in the pool - but this pool was amazingly cold. The kids lasted about 10-15 minutes at the most, my daughter's lips actually turned blue!! This was in the middle of the day, on a 28 degree day in the full sun! Because of the 3 tall towers, and also some of the other surrounding buildings, the pool is in the shade more often than not - which probably doesn't help.

Am I a little fussy? Probably...

But, when you are spending $260+ per night...I expect just a little bit more. I have stayed in much nicer places in Surfers & Broachbeach for the same price.

Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
8  Thank Zacamy
Reviewed 29 March 2008

I stayed here for 6 nights in February on level 26 and it was great!! I would recommend this for anybody! Perfect views, great staff, great location!
It was a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, it was just the two of us but gave us plenty of space.
Great, great great!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tah87
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Spent 5 nights in 2 br 2 bathroom apt booked with Gold Coast Holiday Apartments.
Apartment was fantastic - beautiful furnishings, clean all round, lots of space, wonderful views/balconies, plenty of spare linen, etc. Kitchen large and well-stocked with cooking accessories, large fridge and laundry located in kitchen (very handy).
Our 4yo son loved it so much he wanted to relocate there!
Complex also wonderful - excellent location, safe & secure, lots of shops & good food right downstairs, indoor & outdoor pools clean and large. Agree with some reviews about reception staff - not friendly at all.
Overall, our best stay in Gold Coast due largely to the apartment and complex. Would definitely stay in this or other apartments managed by GCHA.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family