“clean and nice rooms”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I stayed there two nights. The rooms are clean and the food was excellent! Added bonus, front desk the staff stayed with us one night. The scenery is wonderful. The service too notch and the cost of the room includes both a full dinner plus breakfast.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Write a ReviewReviews (5,032)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Had a great stay. Pool and spa facilities are great and the rooms are spacious. What annoyed me most was that for a 5 night stay, we needed to reuse towels and wash our owb towels, no maintenance to room or changing of sheets, despite a 6-day stay. Service previously expetienced at Outrigger was far superior. Would recommend but suggest looking at alternatives also.

• Stayed: February 2014
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your time the resort and made the most of our world class facilities and location.

I feel that perhaps there was a misunderstanding regarding our property and what is included. As we are not a hotel and our resort is fully self-contained and not serviced, we do not provide a daily housekeeping. This allows us to keep the accommodation costs down for the guests.

We provide bath towels however we do not have beach or pool towels. There is a washer and dryer in every apartment, however should you require additional towels they can be obtained from reception for a hire fee of $2 each. We also provide an initial amenities pack for laundry and dishwashing liquid, soap, toilet paper etc however one this has run out guests are expected to replenish it themselves. All of these items can obtained from reception for a minimal fee if guests do not wish to make a trip to the supermarket.

We do provide a service for every 8 nights of stay, at which time housekeeping will change the linen, replace the towels, wipe down the bathroom and kitchen benches and vacuum the floor.

I hope that by clarifying the resort and its inclusions you will see that we were not lacking in service, we provide exactly what is expected of a self contained property. With this in mind we hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Ok so we drive up and in to the hotel we like he'll yeah this is awesome walk into lobby and its like a public toilet smell really strong !!!!! Very eggy poo actually staff ok then sorry no you are not going to be on the same floor ok this can happen tried using Fort Knox key to go up in lift to friends and the buzzer on the lift said no so down to reception I go another couple on a 10 day stay not given there request either they were offered a move the next night how hard is to put a request form on desk and at least try and please your customers ????? We got told loudly only one person to talk at a time very rude not even a bull try and make customer happy just NO !!!! Not even an apologie so clearly no training given to staff went back later to get pool towels told $2 per towel ??? What I said These are self serviced apartments the rude cow tells me !!! Ok so this sucks I did get a cheap ish deal I own up to that but the idea is return happy customers I will never stay here again it stinks the lift system sucks the room was like all other tired rooms on the goldie the soaps were disgusting no dishwasher cleaner and at night I thought the police car with sirens going off was driving around my bed on the 11 th floor the grounds and pool were beautiful but bogan bbqs and cheap rates well you get my drift I did use the gym it was really not bad and if you love your sausage sizzles the vending machines have BBQ sauce and ketchup now that's classy !!!!!!
I think the hotels in this area will really suffer when the new tram starts up everyone will stay away from this bogan area and tram it in the hotels here will have no happy customers returning start using your brains look after your customers they pay your wages I have told 15 people my story today use your brain !!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

We take all feedback very seriously and I have attempted to contact you directly regarding your stay to obtain some further information so that we may investigate the matter. To date we are yet to receive a response.

Our resort is a secure complex and as such keys are only programmed to allow access to the level your apartment is on and all common levels. This is a security measure taken for all guests and residents safety. We do take all requests into consideration and reservations do their best to accommodate all customers, however as we do not manager every apartment on each level we are not always able to have parties travelling together on the same floor.

In regards to the staff and their service, we pride ourselves on our customer service and professionalism. It is a common misconception that we provide daily service and replacement of towels and our staff often need to explain the difference to guests.

As the resort is self contained we do not provide a daily service. All unit are supplied with an initial amenities pack, however once this runs out guests are expected to replenish this themselves. All items can be obtained from reception for a minimal fee of guests do not wish to go to the supermarket. There is washer and dryer in each apartment for guests use, however should you like fresh towels they can be obtained form reception for a hire fee of $2 per towel.
We provide a mid stay service for every 8 nights of stay, at which time housekeeping with replace the towels and linen and wipe down the bathroom sink and kitchen benches.

We disagree that the new light rail will have any effect on our resort, it occupancy levels or its customers. We can only see the benefits of this new system and look forward to it commencing service. In regards to the traffic noise, it is an unfortunate downside of staying right in the heart of a town as busy as Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel lobby etc is nice but once we got upto the room, the door was scratched with vandalism all over it and didn't shut properly, the kitchen table had scratches and marks all over it, the fridge didn't match the dishwasher and the fridge door wouldn't shut properly half the time. When using the dishwasher it sounds like its ready to take off.
The frypan was hopeless and burnt the food as it was not non stick, there were no scissors or pens in the place.
Not enough bin liners or toilet paper for the amount of time we stayed.
There was no access to a balcony from the main bedroom, only the children's room (very dangerous considering we were 15 stories up and had no child lock on the balcony doors).
The carpets were shredded, the tv remote was broken and the tv in the main had no Foxtel, also both TVs were tiny.
The water pressure from the shower in the main bathroom was terrible although it still managed to spray out sidways and saturate the floor every time, the bathtub had massive gashes in it and the exhaust fans in both bathrooms didn't work, the second bathroom was pointless to pay extra for, it didn't have anything fancy like a spa, just a shower that had a disabled seat in it and the shower door didn't shut properly so the water leaked out all over the floor, it was cramped and the door opens onto the toilet so we tripped over the door stop on the way to the toilet more times than I can remember. Half the lamps in the apartment didn't work and the main bedroom light was so dim you could barely see at night. The extra blankets were a mix of new and old and worn.
The curtains are old and ugly looking.
The outdoor balcony setting was too wide for the balcony, I kept tripping over the chairs when out on the balcony cause they just took up too much space, lucky I didn't fall off the balcony and they were absolutely ugly decor not up class style at all, more like $3 pool entry style.
The vacuum cleaner had no suction.
The only thing I liked were the lounges they were nice and comfortable, oh and not enough decor in the place, I went to my mums hotel while we stayed in QLD, she payed $400 for the week compared to our $1000 and her decor was plentiful and beautiful (flowers in vases everywhere including the bathroom, beautiful pictures and mirrors, beautiful tall lamps, beautiful table centrepieces. Compared to our 1 big painting in each room (I like those paintings by the way) and a kitchen table centerpiece consisting of a wicker bowl and 2 round ball things... That was it!
I'm annoyed because they show you pics of pretty rooms on the website but that's not how it is and the whole place needs a thorough going over and upgrade.
The sky pool is nice but the games room was a bit stink, hardly any games to play for the kids and the air hockey machine was chocked up with coins so couldn't use it.
Also at this time there is major construction going on in the whole city so all you could here during the day was jack hammers and construction and the same at night, it made for a very difficult sleep, even with the window shut.
All in all I'm disappointed considering the price we payed and the fact I didn't have time to complain, or a pen to even write down our multitude of complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your allocated apartment.

All units have a full foxtel package with over 80 channels. Any issues such as remotes or foxtel not working, problems with the shower, lamps not working or anything else as mentioned in your review, should be report to reception and we would have maintenance attend as soon as possible to rectify this. We have staff onsite 7 days per week to attend to assist guests.

As we are self contained apartments we provide an initial amenities pack, however once this has run out guests are expected to replenish this themselves. For any stay of 8 nights or more will receive a mid stay service which will include a change of linen and towels, a wipe over of the bathroom sink and kitchen benches and vacuuming the floor. All balcony doors have a latch however locks are a fire and safety hazard and against regulations.

our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartments are advertised as just that, an apartment with 2 bathrooms instead of one. None of our apartments have a spa in them, nor do they have exhaust fans. All bathrooms contain a vent that unfortunately resembles an exhaust fan.

All of units are individually owned and are therefore furnished and decorated differently, however after having carried out an assessment of this apartment myself, along with our quality control officer, I am confident that this unit is maintained to the 4 star standard we expect here at the resort.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The views of the ocean was great stayed in the center tower on the 16th floor so were the views of the pool, the kitchen was well equipped, the bathroom in need of a good clean grouting and the floor tiles replaced(dirty). The furniture was the most disappointing part especially the sofas in the lounge(old and dirty). Mattresses too old and curved from overuse, should be replaced for a comfortable night sleep.
Overall pretty good for the deal we got however if we had to pay full fee would not stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for clean well furnished rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback Marioara,

I am happy that your enjoyed your views from the apartment however disappointed to read the maintenance issues. We are currently assessing all apartments and contacting owners for necessary refurbishments. I would invite you to please contact us directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with your surname or apartment number to ensure we rectify this immediately.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Amazing views from 22nd floor. Room needs a little updating but otherwise hotel had all the amenities needed. The outdoor pool was just beautiful, we spent much of our time sunbaking and swimming there.
The location is excellent too, right in the middle of everything and just a short walk to beachfront and night markets.
Overall, I was very pleased with the Chevron, will definitely rebook here for future holidays.

• Stayed: February 2014
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

I am so glad you had an excellent stay with us.
Great to see you will be back- we cant wait to have you return to our resort!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The lobby areas were modern and clean but our room in Tower 1 was in need of some attention. Things like the TV was not tuned in, chipped and worn bathroom cabinets, blind in main bedroom would not roll up, in all a little tired. Air conditioning kept defaulting and you couldn't have the windows/ doors open too long as it was very noisy outside. But it was clean and very suitable for a few days with a young child. I could see the appeal for schoolies. It was very affordable however and located above a shopping centre and walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

I am glad to read you enjoyed the location of Chevron Towers. We are centrally located with all shops and attractions at your door step. As apartments we do have general wear and tear of the however I have spoken to our maintenance department to ensure all televisions are tuned prior to guests arrival.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.