“Memorable” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mantra Towers of Chevron
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Extremely well located and ideal for a family with kids . Would love to stay there again !! Coles in the same building and woolsworth minutes walk away made it very comfortable with kids meals . Small distance away from the beach ! Lot of good resturants close by like ching mai thai and china palace next to grand chancellor hotel . Overall great experience! Theme parks not too far away . Travel desk right below the hotel so easy to book transfers , also once you cross the road there is a public bus stop right across chevron so one can save money if you dont want private tranfer expense , pool area is excellent but personal towels to b taken. Super all over experience

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ppkyv
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time at the resort. We hope you will return to the resort in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to the Towers of Chevron Renaissance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

When booking a 2 bedroom apartment at this hotel, I put in a special request to have an ocean view room as I was treating my unwell mother for this stay. To secure this, I even paid an extra $50 per night to guarantee myself the ocean view. Upon arrival we had a city view room! No ocean. We then had to go back down to reception, waste time and move to a room with the ocean view which no doubt was absolutely beautiful. Note, no apology was made although staff were friendly. Then when we took out the blankets from the cupboard they were filthy dusty! Again, I complained to reception and they did replace them an hr later but with no apology. Underneath the beds were not vacuumed and sliding door locks were faulty. Apart from that, our overall stay was good.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you fore your review.

I am sorry to hear there was a mix up with your original room allocation however I am glad to see this was rectified quickly and the second apartment exceeded your expectations.

The blankets should certainly not have been dusty and am glad to see the reception staff were able to rectify this quickly for you. Our housekeeping staff are in the process of spring cleaning all units and replacing the blankets so this should certainly not be an issue in the future.

I hope you will return to the resort in the future to experience a true 5 star Chevron stay.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked this motel for my son and some friends, by all accounts the hotel was a good place to stay. Only issue that they had was that the indoor pool was closed for maintenance, not a good time during winter months.
The location was good with all amenities and activities very close by.

Room Tip: Close to the heart of Surfers Paradise, shops, attractions, dining and the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay at our resort.
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back to Chevron Towers in the near future!
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Once we arrived we had no idea where to go. The signage only offered minimal help. After finally finding reception, the lady gave us a map, gave her spiel and sent us off. Finding our room that first time was a nightmare.

As soon as we entered our room and went into the bathroom, we could smell something that wasn't right. It started out smelling like mould and as it was strongest in the bathroom I had to close the door at night as the smell was wafting into the main bedroom. Over time, this smell got progressively worse and it was quite clear that it wasn't mould, but in fact it was the garbage chute that backed onto our room. As we came out of the elevator each time, the smell would hit us. It was absolutely putrid. After telling someone at reception, it didn't get any better. The following day I called down to say I had just stepped out of the elevator again and it definitely needed some attention ASAP. I was told that someone had looked at it.

Instead of rating this accommodation on TripAdvisor, I had initially opted to send them an email directly but after that email and 2 phone calls (and over 3 weeks later), I am yet to get a response after twice being told someone would call me back.

I would never stay here again. Far from clean. Putrid smelling from where our apartment was positioned. Staff didn't seem to care about making our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank KAA123
Thank you for your honest feedback. We have attempted to reply to your direct email on several occasions however to date we are receive an "undeliverable" error message.

I am sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your time here at the resort. We take all feedback very seriously and are always looking to improve our guest experience.

All guests should be provided with a map and welcome letter on arrival as well as clear instructions on how to find the allocated apartment and car park. The “spiel” should include how to read the key, including the tower number and level.

In regards to the smell, this is not something we have received complaints about previously. I am glad to see you did send someone to attend to this, however it is a shame it did not appear to have had a lasting effect. We do have the rubbish chutes cleaned on a regular basis and I shall certainly address this issue with the body corporate and ensure it is being done as frequently as required.

Lastly, in regards to the indoor pool closure, this was done for emergency repairs with guest safety in mind. We had no prior notice, only having been advised by Body Corporate the morning the works started. We do not have a definite end date for the repairs, however are expecting it to be completed by the end of July. The pool in Tower 1 is being heated to an average of 28-32 degrees whilst the indoor pool is closed.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our overall time at the property. I would love the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the resort to experience what a true stay at Chevron should really be like. Please contact me directly for any future travel and we can make arrangements to your satisfaction.

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Our 2 bed apartment smelt damp as though there had been a water leak in there. Kitchen table was badly damaged and all cutlery and glassware had to be washed as it was dirty. Washing machine was dirty as well. The decorative vases were all glued back together so I think these rooms must get hammered. Requested a seaview but as I didn't pay the $50 to guarantee this we got a view of river and hills which was nice though. Car parking was handy and free. Still haven't got our $200 bond back, have called about it and will call again. I was disappointed as this place was recommended to us. I think it depends on which apartment you get- luck of the draw.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Fiona24_10
Thank you for your feedback.

Our apartments are all individually owned which means they are furnished and decorated differently however they should all be maintained to a 4 star standard. A broken vase should be removed from the unit and the replacement charged to the person whom broke it.

All units should be cleaned and then checked by a supervisor before being released for guest check in.

I am concerned about the vases having been glued back together and the cleanliness of the unit and I would like to investigate this matter further. As such as I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the resort on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with the surname on your reservation or the apartment number you were allocated so I can arrange an immediate inspection by our Quality Control Manager.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment for 2 nights. Booked online about 3 months in advance and requested a high floor and city/ocean view as suggested by other reviewers on tripadvisor.

The good: Location is central to everything including the beach, shops and transport. The rooms are big, fully equipped kitchen, laundry, big TV, powerful air-con.

The bad: Our requests were effectively ignored. By email, we were given a standard template response that high floor and city view was "only a request only basis and cannot be guaranteed". Called again on the day, reception checked the booking and said to me that the room allocated "could not guarantee" either of my requests. A bit of honesty would have certainly been more acceptable. Reception knew our room was on level 4 facing away from the city/ocean. Our room was adjoining a car park with no view whatsoever. Given the substantial notice for our request, paying no attention to our request was inconsiderate and qualifies as rude service. If they at least contacted me to tell me that none of the requests could be met, I would not have been so upset. Even more ridiculous that she then recommended I pay for a room upgrade so that I could get a higher floor. Clearly means my requests could have been met, but they just didn't want to.

I can confirm other reviewer concerns about the cleanliness, cockroaches, old carpets, dust, spider webs. All were in this one-bedroom apartment. Overall, lack of cleanliness and unresponsive staff means this is one not to return to.

Room Tip: The lagoon pool is on the 6th floor - don't accept a room any lower.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aaron-Milk-Boy
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your allocated apartment here at the resort.

Standard procedure is that our reservations department allocate apartments the day prior to arrival. Given the volume of our bookings and large number of apartments in our letting pool we do not call guests to advise if their request has been met, or hold multiple rooms for a guests to look at chose between.

Whilst every attempt is made by our dedicated Reservation staff to allocate rooms based on guest requests, sometimes this is not possible, due to Maintenance issues or owner requests. All guests are provided with the best room available on the day, regardless of the time frame booked.

Our 1 bedroom apartments are located between level 1 and 10 and as such high ocean view rooms are not possible. The staffs recommendation to upgrades rooms was for your satisfaction as our 2 bedroom apartments are located between levels 2 and 38. Had you taken the staff recommendation to upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment we would have been able to allocate you a higher level.

I am sorry to hear that overall you were disappointed however I believe staff have done all possible in an attempt to satisfy your request.

I would hope that with clarification of our resorts procedures and the location of our apartments you may reconsider returning to the resort in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Positives.
Descent sized rooms for family visitors.
Full self contained kitchen and laundry with Dryer
Central location.
Nice pool lagoon and grass areas safe for kids
Foxtel.

Negatives.
Uncomfortable bed and couch.
Read fine print to avoid unexpected charges. E.g empty your own rubbish, no house keeping or room service.
Air-con turns off automatically after 4 hours. So you have to get up in the middle of the night to turn it back on.
Reception closes at 6pm.
No free wifi internet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David F
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see you found the unit to be well sized and centrally located. We aim for a home away from home feel and I am glad to see that comes across. Our resort is the largest on the Gold Coast with world class facilities and very family friendly.

In regards to the negatives you experienced, I feel that these are not in fact negatives but standard procedures in a self contained resort. As we do not have a daily housekeeping service guests are expected to remove their own rubbish and if required, wash their own towels. once the initial amenities pack runs out, guests are also expected to replenish this themselves. A mid stay service is provided free of charge for any stay of 8 nights or more.

As our resort is comprised of both holiday units and permanent tenants we do not provide free Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is available at the resort both in the individual holiday units and common areas however there are fees involved.

In regards to the couch and bed, I would like to have these assessed by our Quality Control Manger and would appreciate if you could contact me directly with the unit number you were allocated or the surname on your reservation. stay@chevrontowers.com.au

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.