Mantra Towers of Chevron
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
5,094 results
All reviewsgreat locationcoles supermarketindoor poolfamily holidaybathroom apartmentshopping centrethe gold coastgreat facilitiesgames roomgreat familygreat place to staycentral locationcar parkingocean viewbbq areaamazing viewsfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So we've stayed here twice. First time mother in law booked a holiday for herself and the grandkids (plus me). Since she very kindly paid, I did not mind where we stayed.

The location is kind of convenient. Kind of being that 90% of what we wanted to see was not in Surfers. But at least we could get buses to where we wanted to go. It WAS convenient in that the supermarket was almost directly under our unit - so food shopping was a lot easier (self contained unit).

The unit itself was on a very very high floor. With young kids, and no childproof locks on the balcony doors, I can honestly say I only half slept the entire week. The view was great - but 90% of the time we kept the curtains closed so the kids would not get curious about the balconies ;)

The unit itself was pretty grotty. The shower over bath had a dribble of water to try and wash yourself. The other bathroom (with just a shower) was really nice, though!

Even in the heat of summer the outdoor pool was chilly. The spa was large but packed as for many the main pool was just freezing.

Second visit was pretty much on par with the first. Lower floor, this time, but still no balcony locks so I slept in one bedroom with one child and hubby slept in the other with another. Could not trust 2 young kids in a bedroom with direct access to a balcony without a childproof lock.

2nd time had a car which was better. When you can drive to where you want (used to live there so know the area) Surfers is actually more 'central'.

I probably would not have booked again other than there was a very very competitive special on when I booked and I knew that this time we'd have a car so being close to Chevron etc. was convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower almost above the supermarket. And an ocean view room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VictorianPug
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Our resort is centrally located in the heart of Surfers Paradise just 1 block from Cavill Ave and 2 blocks from the beach, however attractions such as the Theme Parks are all in the outer suburbs of the Gold Coast.

The balcony doors of all apartments have a latch (like on any sliding door at home) however it is actually a fire and safety hazard for them to key lock and as such as deadbolts/ key locks have been removed or disabled.

Our outdoor lagoon pool is not heated and as such some people find it to cool to use in the winter months however we do have a heated pool here at the resort so swimming in comfort is an option year round.

I am sorry to hear there was an issue with the shower over bath. I hope that when this was reported to reception we had maintenance attend and rectify this as soon as possible. If this was not reported during your time at the property I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with either the surname on your reservation or the unit number you were allocated so we can investigate this issue and have it fixed.
stay@chevrontowers.com.au

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed on the 25th Floor in the middle tower for 9 nights and was not dissappointed. The view was fantastic with ocean views and outdoor swimming pool. The room was a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit which was more than enough for 2 of us but we wanted a great view and space for our stay. Please note that the one bedroom appartments only go up to the 9th floor so paying a little bit extra is worth it. The Unit was clean and tidy and could not complain about much except for the small amount of noise from the traffic below at night but after a couple of nights you get used to it. The staff were helpful and friendly and could not fault the location being right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time at the property and found the unit spacious and pleasant.

Traffic noise can be a downside to staying right in the heart of a busy tourist town like Surfers Paradise however we find it doesn't usually bother people to much.

Our location really is fantastic, being located just a stones throw from everything you could possibly need in Surfers Paradise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Extremely well located and ideal for a family with kids . Would love to stay there again !! Coles in the same building and woolsworth minutes walk away made it very comfortable with kids meals . Small distance away from the beach ! Lot of good resturants close by like ching mai thai and china palace next to grand chancellor hotel . Overall great experience! Theme parks not too far away . Travel desk right below the hotel so easy to book transfers , also once you cross the road there is a public bus stop right across chevron so one can save money if you dont want private tranfer expense , pool area is excellent but personal towels to b taken. Super all over experience

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ppkyv
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time at the resort. We hope you will return to the resort in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to the Towers of Chevron Renaissance

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

When booking a 2 bedroom apartment at this hotel, I put in a special request to have an ocean view room as I was treating my unwell mother for this stay. To secure this, I even paid an extra $50 per night to guarantee myself the ocean view. Upon arrival we had a city view room! No ocean. We then had to go back down to reception, waste time and move to a room with the ocean view which no doubt was absolutely beautiful. Note, no apology was made although staff were friendly. Then when we took out the blankets from the cupboard they were filthy dusty! Again, I complained to reception and they did replace them an hr later but with no apology. Underneath the beds were not vacuumed and sliding door locks were faulty. Apart from that, our overall stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you fore your review.

I am sorry to hear there was a mix up with your original room allocation however I am glad to see this was rectified quickly and the second apartment exceeded your expectations.

The blankets should certainly not have been dusty and am glad to see the reception staff were able to rectify this quickly for you. Our housekeeping staff are in the process of spring cleaning all units and replacing the blankets so this should certainly not be an issue in the future.

I hope you will return to the resort in the future to experience a true 5 star Chevron stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked this motel for my son and some friends, by all accounts the hotel was a good place to stay. Only issue that they had was that the indoor pool was closed for maintenance, not a good time during winter months.
The location was good with all amenities and activities very close by.

Room Tip: Close to the heart of Surfers Paradise, shops, attractions, dining and the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay at our resort.
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back to Chevron Towers in the near future!