5,714 results
All reviews great location coles supermarket indoor pool family holiday bathroom apartment shopping centre the gold coast games room great facilities great family great place to stay central location car parking ocean view bbq area public transport amazing views
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pro's
- Location great. Very close to shopping, dining piazza, Cavill Ave, and the beach. Only about 10mins drive to Seaworld.
- Views. Our 2 bm apartment overlooked the pool and the ocean. It was what we wanted.
- Space. Rooms are large and equipped. Two bedroom apts have 2 bathrooms.
- Car parking, whilst it's a maze to navigate the carpark and score a park, it's off street & free.
- Max Brenner's and Coles are downstairs. Great Italian called Sardjinos too.
- Decor lacking a little.
- Good deals.
- Indoor and outdoor pool. And heated lap pool. Lovely garden & play area.
- Staff all friendly and happy.
Con's
- Room 3253 - 3x things that I want, neither of which I got - a soft cushy pillow, a decent shower and decent hairdryer. I asked staff about another pillow and got told to try another one in the room because they're all the same. The shower put more water on the floor than on me and had hardly any pressure. And the hairdryer took about half an hour to dry my hair.
- Lifts, took forever.
- Bed is quite hard, couldn't sleep very well.
- Know that if you're travelling with other people, your key won't allow you access to their level. And you can't get to your level without your key. Annoying if you have kids wanting to see their friends, hubby wanting to go to the shops and wife wanting to go to the pool. Not everyone can have a key. We had 3 families travelling together, despite requests, we couldn't even be accommodated to one building, we were all in different buildings. For a massive hotel, I'm sure this could have been accommodated for.

Room tip: Ocean facing room was lovely. If you have kids - note that there is balcony access from their bedroom in a 2bm apartment.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SRS_1985
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for a week in July school holidays. Loved the position as you could walk everywhere and had nice views. Unfortunately I think the room hadn't had a decent clean for a very long time and things felt dirty and dusty. On check I we were given no explanation on using car park, elevators and were not given the vouchers included in our package. Definitely needs to lift it's standard as there is plenty of other accommodation to choose from up there.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived for a trip to remember but instead had the holiday from hell. See I travel a lot in my life and I'm sorry but the way the hotel is run is an absolute disgrace. For the first few days our floor didn't even exist on the elevator! We could never get to our floor...... Constantly frustrated, we had to wait for other people on level 32 to press the elevator so we could get to our floor. But this is the icing of the cake!!! There's a lot more! My wife had forgotten her key and she couldn't even leave the pool area she was stuck outside freezing in the cold. I asked the reception why the doors for the pools are locked with an access to keys only and they said security reasons. Why does every door need a key to access it? It's a dam right fire hazard. So after all this a few days later the hotel decided to fix our floor and our keys were able to work again. Why they didn't fast track this I guess it's would only be important if I was a VIP or something. On the Wednesday we set out to go to the shops for the day and to our surprise two elevators were not working. Which meant that only two were running and they were full all the time. We rang the lady at the front and she said she will have security look at it. They never came! We stood in the foyer for half and hour on level 32. Finally due to being so frustrated we rang the front and said "what's going on?" We have been waiting for half and hour. The lady said "all I can do is apologise" and that was it. I then said "I had enough I'm going to take the stairs and set the alarm off I'm not being trapped up 32 levels high". They said "that's fine you won't set the alarms off there not set". So me and my family had to walk 32 floors down with bags and luggage. We had another family from the same level come down with us and by level 15 a lady from the other family had a panic attack and wanted to get out of the stair well. We went to open the door and once again it was locked. This stupidity with locking every door is a fire hazard. We then called reception and they said there all locked except ground floor. But we stressed she needed to get out now and they said "only they can open it" but once again they couldn't even open it. It wasn't working! So by the end of 32 levels we got to ground floor and walked straight up to reception and showed our frustration and demanded to speak to a manager and the lady said she will get security. So she did and he said "nothing we can do its a body corporate building" and left it to that. We will be taking this further!!!!! And finally the carparks were hard to get because the door was broken which ment any person off the street could park in the parking bays allocated for guest.
Thank god we are leaving today! I will make it my mission to never bring my family here again!!

9  Thank Simdog01
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Towers of Chevron for 5 nights in a 2BR apartment. We got a great deal - $99 a night for 4 people. And it was well worth the money! The rooms were lovely and clean - as was the rest of the apartment.

Unfortunately our room wasn't overlooking the ocean, but we had a great view of the river/lake/water behind.

We flew in from Brisbane, so we hired a car for the week - there are plenty of parking spaces, and it was free parking also, which was a big plus.

There is plenty of restaurants and cafes around (they have a shopping complex at the bottom of the 3 towers), so you are never at a loss for places to eat. There is even a Starbucks 2-5 minutes away!.

The beach is within walking distance. We had a car, so we could easily drive around (we have been to the Gold Coast many times before, so we knew where things were - and we had a GPS).

We didn't visit any theme parks this time around - but I highly recommend them to everyone - they are a great day out for adults and kids alike!

I will be staying here again during my next visit to the Gold Coast!

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank Georgia S
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here in a 2 BR apartment in mid June for 5 nights, bought through 'scoopon' or 'our deals' so it was $599 instead of $1200 and for that price it was well worth it. However, I would not want to pay full price. I cant really fault it for the discounted price, apartment was fine, clean and comfortably accommodated 2 adults and one child, the only exceptions: the blinds were a bit tatty with holes in them and need replacing, and when you had a shower their is only a half shower screen so water goes all over the bathroom floor which made it very slippery and a pain to clean after each and every shower. We had a great view from the main bedroom of chevron island and the lake/canal and a glimpse of the ocean from the balcony. Great location (coles shopping centre accessible from the apartments and a range of eateries downstairs), child friendly (park/play equipment on level 5, beautiful outdoor beach/pool (however was a little cold in June to swim outside). Unfortunately the indoor heated pool was not in action, however another outdoor pool was heated, but this pool was quite small and a lot of people were using it due to the closure of the indoor pool, and the beach/pool being a tad too cold (but it is winter). We hired the theatre for one afternoon and had our own movie experience, the tourist desk was conveniently located in the main foyer and was a pleasure to do business with, as were the girls on reception and the security chap that escorted us to the theatre. Airport drop off/pick up across the road and theme park transfers from the door. So overall pretty happy with the stay, we would come back again at the discounted/scoopon or our deals price, but not at the full price.

Room tip: I don't think this is an option, you are just delegated a room!!! I requested an ocean view room in a corresponding email and we did get a 'glimpse' of the ocean in-between the other high risers, apartments, hotels. The construction work for the new tramway was not an issue as it close to operational.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your informative review. It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.